Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Procurement Oppurtunities in UAE

Procurement Oppurtunities in UAE

Old Jun 13th 2018, 11:57 am
Just Joined

danicheng is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Procurement Oppurtunities in UAE

I recently started applying for jobs in UAE through Gulftalent and Naukrigulf. After applying for a few Buying Roles I was contacted by a Recruiter that works for Gulf Careers ([email protected]) and she sent me some emails about some jobs that sound too good to be true. The package of the jobs she was offering are

In between 2,000 USD TO 5,000 USD.

As per the UAE LABOUR LAW you will be benefited with well furnished accommodation with family, health insurance , medical allowance , company maintained car with fuel allowance, children education up to the age of 18 years as well as you will get 33 paid vacations every year and the company will be providing you the up and down flight tickets and you are eligible for two months basic salary as a bonus in case if the company is in profitable position.

However when she told me the companies which are

1. ALSA ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION LLC.

2. MUBBARRAZ OIL FIELD

3. ADNOC OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY

I cannot find any information on the first company and she is also asking me to pay $99. Her message reads

$99 to create a job reference-id which will be helpful for further process.

(Note:- This $99 is charge for your application,forwarding your documents,verify your documents and it is lifetime membership fee which we will provide you through out your lifetime.and if you are not happy with your services you can take back your money within 180 days.)

Does anyone know if this is a scam or not?
Old Jun 13th 2018, 12:14 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Procurement Oppurtunities in UAE

Originally Posted by danicheng
I recently started applying for jobs in UAE through Gulftalent and Naukrigulf. After applying for a few Buying Roles I was contacted by a Recruiter that works for Gulf Careers ([email protected]) and she sent me some emails about some jobs that sound too good to be true. The package of the jobs she was offering are

As per the UAE LABOUR LAW you will be benefited with well furnished accommodation with family, health insurance , medical allowance , company maintained car with fuel allowance, children education up to the age of 18 years as well as you will get 33 paid vacations every year and the company will be providing you the up and down flight tickets and you are eligible for two months basic salary as a bonus in case if the company is in profitable position.

2. MUBBARRAZ OIL FIELD

I cannot find any information on the first company and she is also asking me to pay $99. Her message reads

(Note:- This $99 is charge for your application,forwarding your documents,verify your documents and it is lifetime membership fee which we will provide you through out your lifetime.and if you are not happy with your services you can take back your money within 180 days.)

I own a recruitment scam checking business, and for the one time registration fee of $98 you will receive lifetime access to our recruitment scam checking databases. Please pm me for our western union transfer ID.
Old Jun 13th 2018, 10:38 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
I own a recruitment scam checking business, and for the one time registration fee of $98 you will receive lifetime access to our recruitment scam checking databases. Please pm me for our western union transfer ID.
What he means is that this is a blindingly obvious scam.
Old Jun 14th 2018, 4:30 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

A few points that should set off alarm bells:
  • You should never be paying a recruiter, they making money from placing you.
  • zareen.khan@gulfcareers.in
  • Check the UAE labour law - I think you'll find it very different from what Zareen is claiming.
Unfortunately some suckers will likely fall for this scam.
Old Jun 14th 2018, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute

2. MUBBARRAZ OIL FIELD

As the others have said it is a scam. Paying a recruiter WILL NEVER guarantee you employment. It is illegal to charge for recruitment. Procurement roles/Buying roles do pay well. Most of the candidates i have worked with have been placed on salaries from 3000USD up to 10000USD. ADNOC should have something about scams on their company website. Never ever ever sent personal documents to these sorts of people and passport copies etc are only sent if the company directly asks you for them for flight details or to process a visa
Old Jun 14th 2018, 6:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by reddiva
As the others have said it is a scam. Paying a recruiter WILL NEVER guarantee you employment. It is illegal to charge for recruitment. Procurement roles/Buying roles do pay well. Most of the candidates i have worked with have been placed on salaries from 3000USD up to 10000USD. ADNOC should have something about scams on their company website. Never ever ever sent personal documents to these sorts of people and passport copies etc are only sent if the company directly asks you for them for flight details or to process a visa
thank you for your reply! I have been very dubious about this opportunity. But appreciate everyone’s clarification.

Are you a recruiter for buyer roles in the Middle East that could assist me?
Old Jun 14th 2018, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute

thank you for your reply! I have been very dubious about this opportunity. But appreciate everyone’s clarification.

Are you a recruiter for buyer roles in the Middle East that could assist me?
To be honest the role i work on tend to be for UAE nationals
There has been a huge push for these nationals and i rarely see non national roles sorry.
Old Jun 14th 2018, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Old Jun 14th 2018, 6:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

My OH looked for Procurement jobs in the UAE a couple of years back. He never got anywhere with it, perhaps it's because we live in NZ rather than the UK. He was looking for a senior role as he's been in procurement for 30+ years and is FCIPS. Or maybe they considered him too old!

Hope you have better luck.
Old Jun 14th 2018, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by reddiva
To be honest the role i work on tend to be for UAE nationals
There has been a huge push for these nationals and i rarely see non national roles sorry.
no worries. Thanks again

Can I PM you just to seek some advice?
Old Jun 14th 2018, 6:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
My OH looked for Procurement jobs in the UAE a couple of years back. He never got anywhere with it, perhaps it's because we live in NZ rather than the UK. He was looking for a senior role as he's been in procurement for 30+ years and is FCIPS. Or maybe they considered him too old!

Hope you have better luck.
i kind of understand why people are wanting to move to the UAE given the opportunity of earning good money. I am 24 and I consider myslef old lol
Old Jun 14th 2018, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

no worries. Thanks again

Can I PM you just to seek some advice?
Yes you can
Old Jun 14th 2018, 11:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

i kind of understand why people are wanting to move to the UAE given the opportunity of earning good money. I am 24 and I consider myslef old lol
You are nay but a child.
Old Jun 14th 2018, 11:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
You are nay but a child.
haha thanks. Wish I felt like one