Reload this Page >

Procedure for offenders

Procedure for offenders

Old May 19th 2015, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

incognito13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Procedure for offenders

Afternoon all

I resided in Dubai for almost 4 years and for one reason or another had to return to Blighty.

Without going into detail I'm about to lodge a complaint regarding my ex employer in Dubai with the UK police who I've been assured will follow it through via Dubai police.

Does anyone know of any experiences of this nature. Basically I want to destroy this man for what he did to me out there and for almost ruining my life.

Thanks for any constructive input
Old May 20th 2015, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Procedure for offenders

The UK police won't give a flying **** about something that happened in Dubai. If you have a problem regarding breach of contract, the MOL are actually pretty good at resolving things here, obviously you would need to be here to lodge a complaint.

If your employer has committed a crime, you should have addressed it with Dubai Police before you left.
Old May 20th 2015, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by incognito13
Afternoon all

I resided in Dubai for almost 4 years and for one reason or another had to return to Blighty.

Without going into detail I'm about to lodge a complaint regarding my ex employer in Dubai with the UK police who I've been assured will follow it through via Dubai police.

Does anyone know of any experiences of this nature. Basically I want to destroy this man for what he did to me out there and for almost ruining my life.

Thanks for any constructive input
That ain't gonna happen mate. Best case, a phone call to the Rozzers in Dubai, and it'll be ignored. Worse case, they won't know the international dialing code and so won't even make the call.
Old May 20th 2015, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Why not tell all (or most of it) on here to help potential Newbies from making the same mistakes? As for revenge, how about using social media?
Old May 20th 2015, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Since posting this, I contacted the police and was put in touch with Special Unit where I gave a brief outlay of my complaint. They've advised who shall be following it through and she will be coming to my house to take a statement.

The questions they asked me indicated that it's being taken seriously.

Condensed version : The complaint is of a sexual nature. My married ex-employer basically hired me for his sexual needs and intimated that if I didn't engage into his demands then my job goes down the pan. This was scary as I'd just taken out a 12 month contract on a villa (living alone) so you can imagine the financial outlay..... Ashamedly I succumbed and this went on for approx. 1.5 years until I felt enough was enough and gave the excuse of feeling guilty towards his wife. He still harassed me for some months after this but I stood my ground. And yes, I got the sack surprisingly

There was no way I could go to Dubai police about this where it's so male dominated. You guys on here are well aware of how I'd have been treated by them.

Anyhoos thanks for your replies
Old May 20th 2015, 7:59 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

The UK police have no jurisdiction here and I fail to see why they would be the least bit bothered about what happened in Dubai.

Revenge? Seriously? There are channels here for employment related complaints but I doubt you'd get too far if you have left it a long time. If you have a genuine issue then follow that up but seeking revenge is unhealthy. You sound bitter but sometimes you have to move on with life and let things go.

"The best revenge is a life well lived."
Old May 20th 2015, 8:05 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Condensed version : The complaint is of a sexual nature. My married ex-employer basically hired me for his sexual needs and intimated that if I didn't engage into his demands then my job goes down the pan. This was scary as I'd just taken out a 12 month contract on a villa (living alone) so you can imagine the financial outlay..... Ashamedly I succumbed and this went on for approx. 1.5 years until I felt enough was enough and gave the excuse of feeling guilty towards his wife. He still harassed me for some months after this but I stood my ground. And yes, I got the sack surprisingly

Hang on. You took a job that meant that you, as a man, had to have sex with your male boss although you are straight and married. And you did this for 18 months. Am I reading that right?

It may not have been easy but you could have turned him down. Mystified at that level of compromise (and I know what sexual harassment from a boss can be like).

Old May 20th 2015, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Meow
Hang on. You took a job that meant that you, as a man, had to have sex with your male boss although you are straight and married. And you did this for 18 months. Am I reading that right?

It may not have been easy but you could have turned him down. Mystified at that level of compromise (and I know what sexual harassment from a boss can be like).

No, you are not reading it right and I'm not a male
Old May 20th 2015, 8:09 am
Bored liberal

No, you are not reading it right and I'm not a male
So you're a woman and you took on a job even though your boss expected sexual favours that you did not want to provide.

You aren't a child so why did you agree? If you were on your own you could have walked away.
Old May 20th 2015, 8:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Meow
So you're a woman and you took on a job even though your boss expected sexual favours that you did not want to provide.

You aren't a child so why did you agree? If you were on your own you could have walked away.
I didn't post this thread to justify MY actions and I'm not answerable to you!! You don't know the full story and I'm not prepared to divulge anymore. Your comments are totally irrelevant to my thread.
Old May 20th 2015, 8:13 am
Bored liberal

I didn't post this thread to justify MY actions and I'm not answerable to you!! You don't know the full story and I'm not prepared to divulge anymore. Your comments are totally irrelevant to my thread.
Well that's how you get people to help you.

Old May 20th 2015, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Why did it last beyond the first lease period. Sounds to be like it wasn't so bad and the relationship turned sour.

Anyway - sorry to hear this - from what I can assess, your story isn't all that uncommon.

I'm also sorry to say that nothing will come of it, legally anyway. The best you can do is put your story in the daily mail, preferably with some pictures of the two of you in his X6 - you might even get a few quid for your troubles too.
Old May 20th 2015, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Were you restricted to the single employer, or were you freelancing at nights?
Old May 20th 2015, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

The police are following through with your complaint by coming to your house and taking a statement, because that is what they have to do. They're ticking the boxes so they don't get sued or prosecuted by you.

It does not mean they are in a position to do anything other than perhaps file an official complaint. Their findings will have no bearings on the Dubai police nor will the Dubai police be obliged to do anything. There are no extradition treaties between the UAE and the UK.

It also doesn't mean the Dubai police wouldn't have helped you. But you left the country and it's now some time since the affair ended. You missed your chance.

By the way, you claim you stuck with the affair because you took out a housing loan. The loan covered one year (12 months) but you didn't end the affair till 1.5 years later. If I was a good lawyer I'd use that as evidence against you, not your former boss.

Since posting this, I contacted the police and was put in touch with Special Unit where I gave a brief outlay of my complaint. They've advised who shall be following it through and she will be coming to my house to take a statement.

The questions they asked me indicated that it's being taken seriously.

There was no way I could go to Dubai police about this where it's so male dominated. You guys on here are well aware of how I'd have been treated by them.

Anyhoos thanks for your replies
Old May 20th 2015, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I am a little confused as to why it has taken you a year to decide to complain to the UK police. Looking at your first posts about going back to UK, they were a year ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.