Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Prescription Medication in Qatar

Prescription Medication in Qatar

Old May 18th 2013, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

mazkent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Prescription Medication in Qatar

I have just secured a job in Qatar, I have to take regular medication, I have been told that I may not be able to get some of the items, can anyone help me to know if I can have the medication sent out out to me or is there a way round this.
Old May 19th 2013, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

dragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nice
Default Re: Prescription Medication in Qatar

I guess it depends on what type of medication you are wanting!

If it is opiate based then you will not get it here at all, for common ailments - diabetes, heart conditions etc you will be able to get the medication, although it may have a different brand name, the active drug will be the same.

It is advisable to bring a supply with you - 3 to 6 mths maybe (if possible) which will give you a chance to find a doctor/pharmacy that may supply it out here.

You can then either pick it up when you travel home or to another location such as UAE where it may be available.
Old May 19th 2013, 9:02 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Also ensure you have the prescription from the doctor that gave it to you, and, just to be sure, I'd go and get it translated into Arabic.

With drugs - even prescription drugs - I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Old May 20th 2013, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

Crewegirl is on a distinguished road

Just be aware that Qatar may not even have the medication you have been prescribed...this has happened to me and as my doctor in the UK can not keep me on his books any longer I'm struggling .