Reload this Page >

Potential move to Abu Dhabi

Potential move to Abu Dhabi

Old Jun 12th 2013, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Mat_77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Potential move to Abu Dhabi

Hi All,

I am an accountant working in London and thinking about moving to Abu Dhabi as their might be an opportunity there for me towards the end of this year and I would really appreciate your feedback on the following.

1. How easy is it to find good schools in Abu Dhabi? Is there a long wait?

2. I will probably need 3/4 bedroom villa, can you tell me what the monthly/annual rental is for this sort of property?

3. Taking in to account the global financial crisis, where do you think is the best place to live in the GCC at the moment?

Thanks

Mat
Old Jun 13th 2013, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice
Default Re: Potential move to Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by Mat_77
Hi All,

I am an accountant working in London and thinking about moving to Abu Dhabi as their might be an opportunity there for me towards the end of this year and I would really appreciate your feedback on the following.

1. How easy is it to find good schools in Abu Dhabi? Is there a long wait?

2. I will probably need 3/4 bedroom villa, can you tell me what the monthly/annual rental is for this sort of property?

3. Taking in to account the global financial crisis, where do you think is the best place to live in the GCC at the moment?

Thanks

Mat
1. I don't have kids but from what I hear it is very difficult to find a decent School without waiting list.

2. 3/4 Bedroom villa on a nice estate will cost around AED 150K to 200K per annum

3. There is more work in Qatar at the moment but it's still a shithole (better than Saudi). I would say that Abu Dhabi is the best place for a family (Dubai for Singles)

The GFC is over now and there seems to be an upturn in the job market
Old Jun 13th 2013, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

We do have children. Yes, there are waiting lists in some schools in some years. But there are new schools opening up soon (eg Repton Abu Dhabi), and it isn't as bad as it used to be. The younger ages are the harder ones, normally.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 5:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

there is still big waiting lists, but new schs are coming on line next year. gems cambridge international school, reach british school, repton etc. villa off island 150k upwards. dont think its save to say that gfc is over, they are still not putting their hands in pockets..!
Old Jun 13th 2013, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

Mat_77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for your replies guys. Thank you