Post from the UK

Old Jul 9th 2010, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Post from the UK

Hi all,

Just a quickie;

If you have a parcel sent to you from the UK via royal mail will you ever receieve it? Any difference between normal post and signed for?

Is the best method of postage Fedex or a similar courier?

Cheers

Kittycat
xxx
Old Jul 9th 2010, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

prwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really nice
Default Re: Post from the UK

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hi all,

Just a quickie;

If you have a parcel sent to you from the UK via royal mail will you ever receieve it? Any difference between normal post and signed for?

Cheers

Kittycat
xxx
Courier every time.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

prwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really nice

Originally Posted by prwatts
Courier every time.
I should have added "Internationally Renowned" like Fedex, DHL etc,
Old Jul 9th 2010, 9:27 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Kitty,

Depending on how much you are sending Aramex Shop and Ship is a good service. You get whatever you want delviered to a UK PO Box and then Aramex ship it over to you. We also use it for personal effects / birthday / Christmas presents etc from family....

Bit pricey but takes a lot of hassle out of the process.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 12:39 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Kitty,

Depending on how much you are sending Aramex Shop and Ship is a good service. You get whatever you want delviered to a UK PO Box and then Aramex ship it over to you. We also use it for personal effects / birthday / Christmas presents etc from family....

yup... it took 3 weeks for a birthday card to get to DH by traditional post. The Post Office said it'd get to Dubai in 3-4 days and then, well, the rest is Dubai!
Old Jul 9th 2010, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I ordered books from Amazon.co.uk three weeks ago and they still haven't arrived.

I did order from the US site twice and the books arrived rather quickly, to my surprise. No idea why the UK site is taking longer as people have told me it's even quicker from .co.uk.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hi all,

Just a quickie;

Cheers

Kittycat
xxx
My husband is still waiting for his birthday present i sent early 2009.Royal Mail to here .....Inshallah
Now i use skynet exclusively . They even pick up my mail in the UK and have it delivered to me here and very good rates.

Skynet Abu dhabi ask for Mahmoud is of a different pedigree ...who knows about customer service and follows through completely
Old Jul 9th 2010, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Kitty,

I also use Aramex. They are by far the fastest and in over 4 years and two different ME countries I didn't even have one problem with them.

The usual camel express doesn't work!
Old Jul 11th 2010, 7:13 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zoukla
My husband is still waiting for his birthday present i sent early 2009.Royal Mail to here .....Inshallah
Now i use skynet exclusively . They even pick up my mail in the UK and have it delivered to me here and very good rates.

Skynet Abu dhabi ask for Mahmoud is of a different pedigree ...who knows about customer service and follows through completely
Bit messy, surely????
Old Jul 11th 2010, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Bit messy, surely????
What is royal mail or?
Old Jul 11th 2010, 7:28 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zoukla
What is royal mail or?
Following through completely......
Old Jul 12th 2010, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

fezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of light

Just received a small parcel which was sent 6 weeks ago from the UK. Looking at the stamps on the outside it took 4 days to reach Dubai, and then 5 weeks to get down the road. If it's important definitely go for courier.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 10:10 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Still waiting for some shades I ordered from UK, posted in UK on 25 May with a Royal Mail tracking number. They're here somewhere apparently. I did save 15 quid VAT though...
Old Jul 12th 2010, 10:31 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Still waiting for some shades I ordered from UK, posted in UK on 25 May with a Royal Mail tracking number. They're here somewhere apparently. I did save 15 quid VAT though...
And if you'd had an Aramex Shop & Ship acount you'd have had them in three days for a fee of Dhs 39...

-
Old Jul 12th 2010, 11:48 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
And if you'd had an Aramex Shop & Ship acount you'd have had them in three days for a fee of Dhs 39...

-
Boo hoo. Can you sign up online?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.