British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Possible Good News for you Parents (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/possible-good-news-you-parents-551911/)

Inselaffen Jul 29th 2008 7:53 am

Possible Good News for you Parents

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Education/10232671.html

MataHari Jul 29th 2008 8:12 am

Re: Possible Good News for you Parents

deep sigh....
as if the summerholiday isn't long enough...jeez

Inselaffen Jul 29th 2008 9:00 am

thought that would cheer you up!

MataHari Jul 29th 2008 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6622401)
thought that would cheer you up!

you are a nasty man...

Madam Medusa Jul 29th 2008 9:12 am

but kids can eat anyway during ramadan, so how is this an issue...??

also, for schools following the british curriculum, that is bloody stupid...fingers crossed that it doesn't happen...

MM, xx

MataHari Jul 29th 2008 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6622441)
but kids can eat anyway during ramadan, so how is this an issue...??

also, for schools following the british curriculum, that is bloody stupid...fingers crossed that it doesn't happen...

MM, xx

I just spread the news among the moms at the summercamp...they are now all in shock...lol

Inselaffen Jul 29th 2008 9:20 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6622464)
I just spread the news among the moms at the summercamp...they are now all in shock...lol

they must all be elated that they will get the chance to spend all that extra time with their kids!

MataHari Jul 29th 2008 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6622470)
they must all be elated that they will get the chance to spend all that extra time with their kids!

I'll speak to again you when you have a few little Inses...

Madam Medusa Jul 29th 2008 9:32 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6622464)

seriously, how can kids doing GCSEs or A levels miss one whole month of school...and the schools are closed for the most of december too because of religious holidays, i just don't see how they could do it...

MM, xx

MataHari Jul 29th 2008 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6622509)
seriously, how can kids doing GCSEs or A levels miss one whole month of school...and the schools are closed for the most of december too because of religious holidays, i just don't see how they could do it...

MM, xx

oh I know...but it's typical of the UAE isn't it...lets hope it doesn't happen

Grace O Malley Jul 29th 2008 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6622509)

MM, xx

Defo kids doing GCSE's or A levels can not miss that amount of school they, the teachers go crazy at this level of education if the kids miss one or two days during term time and they barely squeeze everything in now with all the religious holidays

Eva Jul 29th 2008 10:36 am

Call me a cynic, but I can't help thinking this is exploiting the fact that Ramadan follows so closely on the start of a term -convenience factor for perhaps teachers looking for extended leave.After all, they have managed fine all the other years when Ramadan fell on different dates. .......Whatever the thinking behind it-certainly don't have the kids' education at the forefront of their mind.
Best not start on how religion and eduction can be a bad mix again.