Police Reports

Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:59 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Reports

Am I the only person who feels that Police time would be much better spent detecting and fighting real crime rather than issuing reports on trivial traffic incidents where minor bumps and scratches are involved. If anyone gets injured, fair enough. Otherwise where there is a dispute, let the insurance companies sort it out.

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Traff.../10294799.html
Old Mar 15th 2009, 9:03 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Police Reports

Originally Posted by lionheart
Am I the only person who feels that Police time would be much better spent detecting and fighting real crime rather than issuing reports on trivial traffic incidents where minor bumps and scratches are involved. If anyone gets injured, fair enough. Otherwise where there is a dispute, let the insurance companies sort it out.

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Traff.../10294799.html
i'm not convinced that the insurance company is the best entity to deal with it. both parties insurance companies (assuming they both have one) have commercial interests in having the liability placed away from their client. as such, getting to a resolution is going to be a (potentially) hellish process. i agree that utilizing the police isn't the best use of their time (the ones in the magic kingdom don't seem to do a helluva lot anyway, but that's another thread). perhaps a government third party (traffic police) that have no other responsibilities/duties?
Old Mar 15th 2009, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

That's why they have Saeeda (or a name something like that) in AD.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkhead
That's why they have Saeeda (or a name something like that) in AD.
Thats right HHH but they are not very efficient, sadly
Old Mar 15th 2009, 9:36 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
Thats right HHH but they are not very efficient, sadly
i thought they were pizza delivery dudes.....
Old Mar 15th 2009, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

but they are not very efficient, sadly
Not had any dealings with them yet.
*touches wood*
Old Mar 15th 2009, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
i thought they were pizza delivery dudes.....
Might as well be!
Old Mar 16th 2009, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkhead
Not had any dealings with them yet.
*touches wood*
Well I have. I got a report for a dent in my car. The chap wrote the report in 'Local Arabic' which sent all the Emiratis in my office into hysterics when they read it, thought it was very funny. They reckon he probably only finished Year 6.

And, because I work in the area Between Two Bridges I have to go to the police station in BanYas/Mafraq to get the final paper so I can claim on the insurance. I live in Manasir, miles away from where I have to go - what a muppet!

So, if you have to deal with one of the Saaeda then good luck to you.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream
Well I have. I got a report for a dent in my car. The chap wrote the report in 'Local Arabic' which sent all the Emiratis in my office into hysterics when they read it, thought it was very funny. They reckon he probably only finished Year 6.

And, because I work in the area Between Two Bridges I have to go to the police station in BanYas/Mafraq to get the final paper so I can claim on the insurance. I live in Manasir, miles away from where I have to go - what a muppet!

So, if you have to deal with one of the Saaeda then good luck to you.
are but i think the saeda have spread. they were only dealing with incidents off the island and in time will be on the island, but i have seen the cars sitting in the lay bys on the island yesterday, so they are spreading now obviously. but the police still come to the accidents that i saw happen before my eyes today.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Abu Dhabi Police won several awards at last week's Abu Dhabi Awards for Excellence in Government Performance held at the Emirates Palace, so clearly there are no faults with them...........

(Carefully places tongue in cheek)
Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

yeh but who was giving out the awards was it the police. but must admit i was following a police car yesterday and they stopped someone, no idea why i didnt see anything, perhaps they didnt like the car, and just going home now on the other side of the road a police car had stopped a cayennae with black windows, perhaps thats the reason why or maybe they needed a chat.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by busybee2
yeh but who was giving out the awards was it the police. but must admit i was following a police car yesterday and they stopped someone, no idea why i didnt see anything, perhaps they didnt like the car, and just going home now on the other side of the road a police car had stopped a cayennae with black windows, perhaps thats the reason why or maybe they needed a chat.
I had a awful time with the police, moved here in September and rented a car a few months after only to find the worlds biggest scratch on the bonnet a day later.

Told the car rental company who said i had to get a police record otherwise id get charged.

To top it all off, it was during Ramadan....

Went to Jebel Ali police station and they told me i was at the wrong station, advised me to go to another, went to Burj and they said they didn't believe me, by this time id been there for 2 hours.

Finally i lost the plot and decided id find the most important, grumpy, looking police officer i could find , which i did, he called in the police man that was dealing with me and basically ripped him apart and was given a report in about 2 mins.

So my advice is if you don't get any joy from the plebs on the desk go looking for someone more important (their English is usually better too!)
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

oh yes, and take a baby with you so that they can make some noise and you get done quicker.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

thing is if you have an accident and its all done and dusted you are given the reports etc thats good, because if not and you have to go to the police station and even worse it goes to court then put your life on hold for a good few months, of going back and forth, with this and that and then bringing this and that again ten times and then still not get the report etc or worse, so yes it can be frustrating but at times its the lesser of two evils.