Police Help!

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice
Angry Police Help!

Does anyone know how to get a bl**dy Police report if someone has keyed your rental car, called the old bill and they came out , had a look and told me to go to jebel ali police station to get a report filled out, went there and they told me to go to Burj police station, went to Burj and they said i was in the wrong place and i needed to go elsewhere, went home in the end as 3 hours of getting no where infuriated me!

Any advice? Might try to call the police back out later on with the concierge (who speaks arabic) from the hotel to explain the situation, do you think they'll give me a police report there and then?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:38 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Help!

If the concierge (or you) happen to intimate to the police it you believe it may have happended in the aforementioned hotel car park then, yeah you should get it there and then.... Just depends on the plod on the day though unfortunately....

Also wait til after Iftar, say 8'ish, they will be a lot more affable then having eaten and prayed....
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

yeah thats what i think i will try to do, sitting in a police station for hours on end isnt my cup of tea! You think a little cash in their back pocket will do the job or is that a def "no no" over here with the plod?!

I dont mean to sound dodgy but i really dont have the time to go to a police station and wait hours on end explaining the situation to different pc plods!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:46 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deemi786
You think a little cash in their back pocket will do the job or is that a def "no no" over here with the plod?!
Never tried it but would probably not recommned it. I normally find with the police here being very polite, respectful but firm works ok. If the concierge can help out with Arabic it will make life a lot easier and smoother....
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks again for the advice, will try tonight and see what happens. Otherwise ill be paying hefty sum to the rental company!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deemi786
yeah thats what i think i will try to do, sitting in a police station for hours on end isnt my cup of tea! You think a little cash in their back pocket will do the job or is that a def "no no" over here with the plod?!

I dont mean to sound dodgy but i really dont have the time to go to a police station and wait hours on end explaining the situation to different pc plods!
Cash in the back pocket? Of the Dubai police?

I'd rather be a Moderator - you will go straight to jail without passing "Go".......
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 2:57 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

try Bur Dubai Police Station, it is the one not too far from Dubai World Trade Centre and Immigration.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

i wouldnt recommend cash in the back pocket!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
try Bur Dubai Police Station, it is the one not too far from Dubai World Trade Centre and Immigration.
is bur dubai police station not beside MOE and ABB?
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:53 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
no, god knows what they call that one
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

still havent called them, will have to tomorrow cause im off to thailand on the weekend. I have a feeling things are going to get mucky, am even considering just bloody paying the rental company for the damage, did take the damage waiver option.

im such a scaredy cat
Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Err bc I'm pretty sure its bur dubai police station or something like that
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Err bc I'm pretty sure its bur dubai police station or something like that
bur dubai police station is defo the one by trade centre roundabout...

MM, xx
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Been there, done it.

You want to go to the Police Station directly next door to the ministry of immigration. Walk in, and tell them you need a police report for the insurance company. You'll be on your way in 10 minutes.

No arabic required. No wasta required.
It's just a matter of routine, sheesh.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

That's the traffic licensing department.

You've got to know your roads.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.