Reload this Page >

Police certificate ACRO needed fro wife in saudi

Police certificate ACRO needed fro wife in saudi

Old Nov 17th 2016, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Busylizzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Police certificate ACRO needed fro wife in saudi

Hi all

I moved to saudi a few weeks ago and now want to sponsor wife and daughter to come and live with me.

I had to undergo a police check and medical when I moved here - my ACRO came back with no trace as expected.

However, my little wife on the other hand has an old minor conviction she obtained whilst we were first years at university about 17 years ago and she is concerned this will show up on her police certificate if she has to have one.

Can you let me know if she will require police disclosure to come and live here with me and if so, will she likely be rejected for visa even if it is an old conviction considered stepped down? That would be a shame as I do miss having my wife and daughter around!

I am thinking of maybe just getting her here on family visit visa as the plan was that she would spend some time in UK and some in Saudi anyway... but the only thing with family visit visa is that it is a single entry and not multiple entry so if we want to travel , we will have to obtain a new visa every time which is costly!

Replies most valued!
Old Nov 17th 2016, 5:58 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police certificate ACRO needed fro wife in saudi

Probably helpful to tell us what the conviction was for and what the sentence was.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

it was a conviction for common assault on another girl (the injury the other girl sustained was a bruise on her face but she pressed charges anyway.

The sentence was a fine of £300 payable to the other girl. It was so ridiculous the magistrate even joked it shouldn't have come to court and it was waste if her time. But hey ho. It happened. She isn't proud of it.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

I've heard that Saudi won't even touch you if u so much as had a warning on your record so doesn't look optimistic for her. Would have thought twice about accepting job if I knew this would be an issue.
Old Nov 26th 2016, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hiya. Just wondered if anyone had a No LIVE trace police certificate and then had the visa approved for residency. For their dependant not themselves? If it won't be approved I'm not even going to bother submitting it.

Mine said no trace because I've never even so much as spoken to the police so my record is completely clean. My work visa was issued very quickly.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

I think - IMHO - as it's a minor offence ( Magistrates fine as opposed to custodial sentence ) , she should be ok.

Obviously, you will need to have had your Iqama issued and what not which I assume has already been done. Start the process with your company GR broker and apply for the residency first. Once you get the approval, then send it over to your wife who can start the process at her end.
Old Dec 4th 2016, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hmmm let's hope so. I don't know if anyone who has had their residency or visa approved so let's see first thing I guess is to apply for the police certificate and see what it says
Old Mar 11th 2017, 10:11 am
Just Joined

RT21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, how did it go on getting the visa, with the 'no live trace' showing on the police certificate. What happened? Thanks