British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Police caution - Visa to Saudi Arabia help and advice? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/police-caution-visa-saudi-arabia-help-advice-932552/)

HiHo May 12th 2020 4:55 am

Re: Police caution - Visa to Saudi Arabia help and advice?

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12851352)
One should note though that in order to accept a caution the person has to admit to committing the crime for which he/she is being cautioned. If not guilty then one can refuse to accept the caution and take their chance with CPS & courts. .

Not True, I have been accused of committing a crime, I denied it and told the truth in successive interviews, the Police imprisoned me for four days before eventually allowing me access to a phone to get legal representation. I demanded police bail was refused. The CPS refused to try the case so the police cautioned me for the crime which I genuinely had not committed and released me under threat of prosecution for illegal imprisonment. I was later asked to come back in for further questioning at which point I made a statement to a neighboring police service and the matter was resolved by referring it to the complaints commission.

Since the incident I have receive Whitehall security clearance and countless visas. because I don't have a criminal record.

Pollyana May 12th 2020 11:28 am

Originally Posted by HiHo (Post 12851678)
Not True, I have been accused of committing a crime, I denied it and told the truth in successive interviews, the Police imprisoned me for four days before eventually allowing me access to a phone to get legal representation. I demanded police bail was refused. The CPS refused to try the case so the police cautioned me for the crime which I genuinely had not committed and released me under threat of prosecution for illegal imprisonment. I was later asked to come back in for further questioning at which point I made a statement to a neighboring police service and the matter was resolved by referring it to the complaints commission.

Since the incident I have receive Whitehall security clearance and countless visas. because I don't have a criminal record.

If you receive an official caution in the UK you sign a piece of paper that states you accept the caution as you admit you committed the crime. The caution may or may not (depending o a myriad of reasns) appear on a police check for either immigration or employment purposes.
I used to process them.

I am not going to comment on your case as I do not know any details of that particular case

HiHo May 13th 2020 10:57 am

Thank you Pollyana, That would maybe explain it. In my case I didn't sign anything. I was extremely irritated at having suffered an injustice and was being restrained by two uniformed officers. I nether read nor heard the caution since I was preoccupied attempting to free my self whilst remonstrating loudly with regard to the dishonesty of the CID officer reading the caution. Had the uniformed officers opted to have freed me and handed me a pen I would have committed a real crime. In retrospect those two upright policemen stopped that little s**t from destroying my whole life.

christmasoompa May 13th 2020 11:36 am

Originally Posted by HiHo (Post 12852268)
Thank you Pollyana, That would maybe explain it. In my case I didn't sign anything. I was extremely irritated at having suffered an injustice and was being restrained by two uniformed officers. I nether read nor heard the caution since I was preoccupied attempting to free my self whilst remonstrating loudly with regard to the dishonesty of the CID officer reading the caution. Had the uniformed officers opted to have freed me and handed me a pen I would have committed a real crime. In retrospect those two upright policemen stopped that little s**t from destroying my whole life.

It doesn't sound as though you were given a caution then. As Nodam rightly said, a caution does show up on criminal record checks, if yours is clear and you didn't sign anything, then I don't see how you can have been given one.

nodam22 May 31st 2020 10:17 am

If anyone has any further information, I am still eager to listen. Thank you