Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Plz Help Me to Study and Stay in Dubai

Plz Help Me to Study and Stay in Dubai

Old May 16th 2016, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Free Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Plz Help Me to Study and Stay in Dubai

Hi, I will soon come to Dubai and I want to study a Full-Time MBA (Master of Business Admin). At the same time, it is very important for me to have fun and enjoy my time while I study.

1. University: I would like to enroll in a Uni or College which has a kind of open and free culture. I am looking for place with a western style students' life and that has entertaining students clubs and activates. I want to study in an environment with minimum restrictions in everything including dating and interaction between boys and girls.

Kindly suggest universities' names in Dubai where I can have an enjoyable time while studying.

2. Accommodation: I am a bit worried as I have heard that housing is very costly in Dubai. In general, I have no issues sharing common facilities like bathroom and kitchen with other men or women, but I need to have my separate room.

What is the approximate monthly expense of such a room in Dubai? Are there any websites where I can search for a room?
Please help me in how I can find a suitable room with an affordable price.

Thank you so much.
Old May 17th 2016, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

eastrunner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Plz Help Me to Study and Stay in Dubai

Hi, maybe you should look for a student forum, look at collage/uni boards, you can find most things by google searches, not sure this forum will spoon feed you. Once you have done your homework then comeback with specifics maybe you will get some answers.
Old May 17th 2016, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

out of curiosity, which country are you coming from and why would you want to choose Dubai to further your studies?
Old May 17th 2016, 12:33 pm
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Free Life
I am looking for place with a western style students' life and that has entertaining students clubs and activates. I want to study in an environment with minimum restrictions in everything including dating and interaction between boys and girls.
From my UK university experience, the top three activities are having sex, drinking heavily and protesting against the government's crazy and oppressive policies.

Enjoy yourself in Dubai. You'll have a smashing time.
Old May 30th 2016, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Free Life is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your replies.

eastrunner,
I did much of googling, but I haven’t found other forums. If you know some particular websites, plz share them.

mission,
I have been working in Bahrain for 2 years. I am planning to come and settle in Dubai, do the MBA, then find a job.

captainflack,
I am afraid that what you mentioned might not be applicable to Dubai universities.

Generally speaking, the education quality is vital. But, as long as the Uni is accredited, then I think that should be fine to enable me getting a good job, so the Uni doesn't need to be of a very high and excellent quality.

I had a previous very boring experience being in Arabic-styled restricted Uni. Therefore, it is important for me to choose a Uni that is kind of open, diverse, western-styled and has enjoyable students life with minimum restrictions.

Kindly advice with names of such universities in Dubai.
Thanks.

Sarah
Old Jun 1st 2016, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Princess Noura in Riyadh. Some of the stories I've heard from that place!!! Just wow.

Good luck wherever you end up. Maybe Sorbonne in Abu Dhabi?

As an aside my current employers Sussex Uni are running an anti corruption/governance course in Doha University of Sussex launches Masters course in Qatar in corruption, law and governance : News and events : University of Sussex
Old Jun 1st 2016, 4:45 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flares

As an aside my current employers Sussex Uni are running an anti corruption/governance course in Doha University of Sussex launches Masters course in Qatar in corruption, law and governance : News and events : University of Sussex
The "in Qatar" words are in the correct place in that title?
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 8:28 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flares
Princess Noura in Riyadh. Some of the stories I've heard from that place!!! Just wow.

Good luck wherever you end up. Maybe Sorbonne in Abu Dhabi?

Are you sure that course wasn't made up by the Pan Arabian Enquirer?