Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

pleeeeeease help!!!!! accomodation needed!!!!

pleeeeeease help!!!!! accomodation needed!!!!

Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:26 pm
Banned

saudi2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pleeeeeease help!!!!! accomodation needed!!!!

hi everyone,

i am 1 month in riyaadh now and i realized how difficult to find a place in a compound!! i didnt know that before signing the contract and the employer unfortunately doesn't help.
does anyone know of any availiability at a compound?
my salary is good(around 27000 pounds / month) so i am willing to pay as much.

thank you all!!!!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:13 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pleeeeeease help!!!!! accomodation needed!!!!

Originally Posted by saudi2009
hi everyone,

i am 1 month in riyaadh now and i realized how difficult to find a place in a compound!! i didnt know that before signing the contract and the employer unfortunately doesn't help.
does anyone know of any availiability at a compound?
my salary is good(around 27000 pounds / month) so i am willing to pay as much.

thank you all!!!!
your getting paid 27,000 quid a month
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are being paid that much you pretty much live where ever you want . . . Is that pounds sterling ?

If you have loads of dosh go to all the compounds with cash in hand or a big fat cheque and offer it - they will bite your arm off and give you whatever is available. It's being in the office at the right time basically. Have got a list of compound numbers in the office which I'll post tomorrow.

N
Old Jan 19th 2009, 4:17 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Nic1
If you are being paid that much you pretty much live where ever you want . . . Is that pounds sterling ?

If you have loads of dosh go to all the compounds with cash in hand or a big fat cheque and offer it - they will bite your arm off and give you whatever is available. It's being in the office at the right time basically. Have got a list of compound numbers in the office which I'll post tomorrow.

N
thanks but i dont thimk it will work.
I called every singe compound i could found of (35-40) and they all told me there is nothing available.

its 30,0000 euros which is around 27K pounds sterling.
i am currently staying at four seasons hotel, in which i am paying around GBP 6500/month, is a nice hotel but the life outside a compound is awful.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 4:30 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

i am currently staying at four seasons hotel, in which i am paying around GBP 6500/month, is a nice hotel but the life outside a compound is awful.

for that much money, hun, I'd put up with the trials of staying in luxury accommodation!

Can I do your job please?
Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:22 pm

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

thanks but i dont thimk it will work.
I called every singe compound i could found of (35-40) and they all told me there is nothing available.

it's a sensitive question but i think it counts in saudi... what citizenship are you saying you are? also, don't just rely on the phone call, actually go to the places and see them and get in their face, pull out a roll of SAR500 notes 'accidentally' ( ) and i'm sure they'll accomodate you in some short manner. (sounds bad, but, it's the magic kingdom)

also, if you're getting bored, try out www.britishcommunityservices.com as a reference site for events and clubs, et al. (or just post on here for ppl to have a coffee with)
Old Jan 20th 2009, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Have to agree with still.unsure - you have to go in person - truly it works. Friend sof ours (Egyptian) walked onto Kingdom Compound and got a villa straight away - altho there is, alledgedly, a waiting list. Right place, right time, armed with dosh.

It works, but means you have to get out there. It won't come knocking on your door.

N
Old Jan 20th 2009, 3:43 am
Banned

Have to agree with still.unsure - you have to go in person - truly it works. Friend sof ours (Egyptian) walked onto Kingdom Compound and got a villa straight away - altho there is, alledgedly, a waiting list. Right place, right time, armed with dosh.

It works, but means you have to get out there. It won't come knocking on your door.

N
so suggestion is to go to a compound and give umder the table money to lets say the accommodation manager and i ll get a villa?
thanks.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 4:31 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

so suggestion is to go to a compound and give umder the table money to lets say the accommodation manager and i ll get a villa?
thanks.
i think what both Nic1 and i are saying (please jump in here Nic1 and correct me ) is that what is said over the phone is usually the 'easy way out' and not the answer you'll get if you're there in person.

my suggestion is draw up a list of 5 compounds, call them up and make an appointment to come and see the place (within a day or so of you calling them). go out, see the compound, facilities, meet the manager, etc. and then start talking when the next is available etc. if you call them up and straight off the bat say, "have you got this available now", they're more likely to give you the brush off on the phone.

the magic kingdom business relations are more personable and done in-person than 'the west' so you need to show that you're willing to 'look them in the eye' when you want something like this.

(now i'll step back and let the more experienced enter the fray! )
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Totally agree with still unsure - not suggesting you pay baksheesh - just turn up ask what they have available, and say you can pay on the spot. It works.

N
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:00 am
Banned

Totally agree with still unsure - not suggesting you pay baksheesh - just turn up ask what they have available, and say you can pay on the spot. It works.

N
ok thank you guys, i will do that.
however i already went to fal and the manager told me to no availability only thing i could was the waiting list.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:06 am

ok thank you guys, i will do that.
however i already went to fal and the manager told me to no availability only thing i could was the waiting list.
there's no guarantee that turning up at the door means there's a vacancy, you just stand a helluva better shot than just phone calling. i'm quite confident you'll still get some people offering you waiting lists, you'll be amazed at how short even those become if you turn up and start talking money. but, you gotta be in it to win it, and here, to be in it, you've gotta show up in person
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:34 am
Banned

Originally Posted by still.unsure
there's no guarantee that turning up at the door means there's a vacancy, you just stand a helluva better shot than just phone calling. i'm quite confident you'll still get some people offering you waiting lists, you'll be amazed at how short even those become if you turn up and start talking money. but, you gotta be in it to win it, and here, to be in it, you've gotta show up in person
but you think also should i try and give money to the manager or not?
thank you.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:38 am

but you think also should i try and give money to the manager or not?
thank you.
no, personally i wouldn't recommend offering anything and haven't heard of anyone needing to. i'm not sure whether it would help, to be honest. if there aren't any empty places, there simply aren't
Old Jan 20th 2009, 12:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by still.unsure
no, personally i wouldn't recommend offering anything and haven't heard of anyone needing to. i'm not sure whether it would help, to be honest. if there aren't any empty places, there simply aren't
i just managed to book apponitments with eid, al yamama, and arabian homes but they all emphasized , without asking them, that there is no availability.

that means i shouldnt even go?
thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.