Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

A Plea for Help from Feline Friends

A Plea for Help from Feline Friends

Old Jun 24th 2009, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

Feline Friend has a brilliant futureFeline Friend has a brilliant futureFeline Friend has a brilliant futureFeline Friend has a brilliant futureFeline Friend has a brilliant futureFeline Friend has a brilliant futureFeline Friend has a brilliant future
Exclamation A Plea for Help from Feline Friends

With the summer reaching Dubai, Feline Friends are facing a new crisis: we are full to capacity and a large proportion of our feline fosterers are leaving for the summer - many for two months or more and some, sadly, permanently.

Feline Friends hasn't got enough fosterers staying in Dubai this summer to cope with the number of cats and kittens that are currently waiting to be homed.

So, if you're staying in Dubai this summer, or maybe you're only having a week or two away, YOU can help US!!!

It doesn't matter whether you live in an apartment or villa, if you only have a spare bedroom, or even bathroom where you wouldn't mind a feline lodger (or two, or three!) just for the summer, you could help us out and in turn you'd be doing your bit to help out Dubai's stray and abandoned cat population. It's all about 'Living and Giving'.

Feline Friends will be fully supportive, covering any necessary vet bills and providing general care advice for those who are new to looking after a cat. Also, if your circumstances suddenly change (ie you unexpectedly have to leave the country), Feline Friends can move your foster feline to another volunteer.

I personally have been a Feline Friends Fosterer for over a year and find it extremely rewarding and satisfying. Before I started I thought that I'd get too attached to my 'fosters' however, although I'm always sad to see them go, I'm also happy that they've found a fantastic new home, and lots keep in contact with how they're doing, sometimes over a year later.

Some pictures of our summer ‘Crisis Cats’ can be viewed here:-

http://picasaweb.google.com/fosterin...eat=directlink

If you're still reading by this point, I guess you may have questions that both myself, and other Feline Friends volunteers, would be happy to answer. Please do not hesitate to email [email protected] if you have any questions or think you can help.

If you feel you can’t help with fostering but would still like to help Feline Friends, whatever your talents we have a use for you!! For example, some areas we currently need support in are, PR, Marketing, Writing, Web-site Building, Graphic Design, Phone Lines, IT Support, Drivers, Project Management, Photography, Accounting and many more!

If you’re interested in a non-fostering role, please email [email protected] .

Thank you for your time.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Plea for Help from Feline Friends

Our local stray is about to deposit a fistful of kittens any time soon.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 5:48 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope some of us can help...

Full disclosure: my wife is very involved with Feline Friends and they are really, really stretched with people leaving and dumping cats. We have 5 cats inside and looking after 4 street cats too... Any help would be much appreciated. PS it was not my wife that posted this... thanks.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 7:20 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

would love to help but we now have 4, all ex cunning stray bastards that found the sucker household, our 3 week sojourn this summer is costing more for the cats than the bloody flights.
5 and I'm leaving

i will ask around a few other suckers though
Old Jun 24th 2009, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

ipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really nice

would love to help.
Miss having a puss cat around the house so much.

A house without a puss cat is not a home.

Unfortunately we are leaving Dubai in a few weeks together with loads of other unemployed

We wish you the best of luck and thank you for helping our feline friends.

Breaks your heart all these animals who have so much to give back

Your doing a great job
Old Jun 25th 2009, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
all ex cunning stray bastards
Snap! My 'garden' cat and her litter are currently upstairs asleep on various beds . . . That was so not the deal. Having them neutered seems to have taken some of the feral out of them - bad move!

N
Old Jun 25th 2009, 4:42 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I had 4, bedded one out at my Dad's took in a rescue Siamese which was dumped at the Green Community, she is now 'the Boss', will foster siamese/burmese if the husband doesn't leave me, and if anyone calls me a cat snob, fine I am
Old Jun 25th 2009, 5:27 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
I really hope some of us can help...

Full disclosure: my wife is very involved with Feline Friends and they are really, really stretched with people leaving and dumping cats. We have 5 cats inside and looking after 4 street cats too... Any help would be much appreciated. PS it was not my wife that posted this... thanks.
yeah I'm going to the sharjah branch to help out this weekend.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 5:29 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
good on you Spugsy!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 5:30 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope you can find your way home from the dark side...
Old Jun 25th 2009, 5:33 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Hope you can find your way home from the dark side...
We went last week and got lost for 2 hours and found the place but had to be somewhere so had to come straight home.

Stupid Sharjah.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 6:09 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

We went last week and got lost for 2 hours and found the place but had to be somewhere so had to come straight home.

Stupid Sharjah.
oh it's the worst place ever to get lost...hate hate hate it!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:14 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by MataHari
oh it's the worst place ever to get lost...hate hate hate it!
aye we've not ventured that way much, we missed the turn off and ended up at Ajman.

Jesus.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 11:15 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I could help, but simply cannot right now (have two bossy cats + a stray in the basement). We should be moving in the next couple of months, so hopefully then.

Makes me so angry the way many people treat animals in this town.

I have also posted this elsewhere in the hope it does some help.

-
Old Jun 25th 2009, 12:35 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

We've still got our 2 Bahrain bin cats we shipped across (down from 4), don't think they would take too well to more lodgers.

Will spread the word though.