Reload this Page >

PIF Project Salary

PIF Project Salary

Old Mar 29th 2024, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Bill.0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PIF Project Salary

Hello,
I applied to a Senior Project Manager role at a PIF project in Riyadh. I passed my first interview round and now the final interview is scheduled next week with the VPs.
I know that for Neom and Red Sea projects, the salary will be calculated based on the current salary + 25% uplift. When I did the math, my expected monthly salary will be something like SAR 31,000 which is low for such job title. Based on the research I did, the monthly salary for senior project manager is around SAR 50,000
Will the 25% be applicable for all PIF companies jobs?
Do you think they will be open to negotiate ?
Will they consider my income from my second part time job in the uplift?
I really appreciate your help and advice
Old Mar 31st 2024, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PIF Project Salary

Originally Posted by Bill.0
Hello,
I applied to a Senior Project Manager role at a PIF project in Riyadh. I passed my first interview round and now the final interview is scheduled next week with the VPs.
I know that for Neom and Red Sea projects, the salary will be calculated based on the current salary + 25% uplift. When I did the math, my expected monthly salary will be something like SAR 31,000 which is low for such job title. Based on the research I did, the monthly salary for senior project manager is around SAR 50,000
Will the 25% be applicable for all PIF companies jobs?
Do you think they will be open to negotiate ?
I really appreciate your help and advice
I'm not certain how it works at PIF but it would make sense if it's the same as Neom/Rea Sea. It is very difficult to set a salary for a role aimed at attracting expats. Each expat has a different benchmark of what is reasonable based on their current lifestyle and associated costs. This is where the uplift works well to give a fair increase for "hardship" of being an expat.

If SAR 50,000 is the general rate for SPM it's probably because people with those roles had a comparable salary minus uplift. It sounds like you're seeking 100% uplift?

Old Mar 31st 2024, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HelpfulExpat
I'm not certain how it works at PIF but it would make sense if it's the same as Neom/Rea Sea. It is very difficult to set a salary for a role aimed at attracting expats. Each expat has a different benchmark of what is reasonable based on their current lifestyle and associated costs. This is where the uplift works well to give a fair increase for "hardship" of being an expat.

If SAR 50,000 is the general rate for SPM it's probably because people with those roles had a comparable salary minus uplift. It sounds like you're seeking 100% uplift?
Thank you for your reply
In Neom and Red Sea projects, the company provides accommodation, transportation, free meals, and free domestic flight tickets, which is not the case with the project I applied to in Riyadh.
I am just trying to get prepared before my final interview this week, it looks like I have no negotiation power as the uplift % is already set.
I will try at least to ask to include the part time income in consideration
Old Mar 31st 2024, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your reply
In Neom and Red Sea projects, the company provides accommodation, transportation, free meals, and free domestic flight tickets, which is not the case with the project I applied to in Riyadh.
I am just trying to get prepared before my final interview this week, it looks like I have no negotiation power as the uplift % is already set.
I will try at least to ask to include the part time income in consideration
oh yes, in that case I'd also hope for higher % uplift to compensate for those overheads and others.
Old Mar 31st 2024, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Hash is an unknown quantity at this point

For such a position, this is a low salary.
but all depends on your nationality and places (country l/ies) you are working on atm and years of experience.

but true PIF I heart that the increase/uplift is fixed unfortunately.
Old Apr 2nd 2024, 11:43 am
Just Joined

clownshow is an unknown quantity at this point

Two hopes. Bob and No.
Old Apr 9th 2024, 11:16 am
Just Joined

clownshow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by simon88881
PIF salaries are low, and they only provide business class airfare from the point of origin. High salaries are offered in Neom/Red Sea, but again SMP in Riyadh 55K in Neom 75K.

Thanks.
Wrong. The salary at NEOM is whatever your salary was previously with a 25% uplift.
Old Apr 20th 2024, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all for your posts
I passed the final interview, the hiring managers didn't discuss the salary. I got an email from the recruitment company asking for some documents including pay slips and experience letters which I submitted.