Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

PIF - Interview Process and Timeframes

PIF - Interview Process and Timeframes

Old Apr 25th 2022, 5:30 am
Just Joined

plebeian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PIF - Interview Process and Timeframes

G'day all, been lurking around here as soon as I got wind of a potential employment opportunity with PIF around 2 months ago. Have been trying to look for answers albeit unsuccessfully re the overall interview process and timeframes with PIF. A bit of context as background information: I am currently employed in the UK and was approached by a recruiter on LinkedIn in early March, had the initial phone conversation and the recruiter got back to me only after circa 5 weeks that PIF are looking to proceed to an interview. With this in mind the questions I have are as follows:

1. Should I expect to wait a bit longer for the interview to be scheduled, with Ramadhan in mind and now Eid just around the corner? My impression with this so far (and having read through some of the other members' experiences) is that they really do tend to take their time on the hiring process.

2. With regards to the actual interview, any specific guidance/do's and dont's interviewing with a Middle Eastern employer? I have only had prior experience interviewing with predominantly Western multinational corporations where conversations can be pretty relaxed and Q&A styles expected to revolve around the 'STAR' method for instance. Any nuances that I should expect interviewing with PIF?

3. What is the overall timeframe from interview to job offer that one should expect (obviously assuming a positive interview outcome here) - just wanting a bit of a forecast to plan ahead on things like relocation etc.

Hoping some of you on these forums with prior experience with PIF or other related organisations can shed some light for me - Thanks in advance for taking your time to reviewing my post!
Old Apr 26th 2022, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Taurus85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PIF - Interview Process and Timeframes

I got my offer to work at PIF last week, received the contract today. The whole process from first contact to offer took 3 months.

To keep things "alive" I would send a email to the recruiter every 7-10 days just check if they had any questions.
Old Apr 27th 2022, 4:22 am
Just Joined

Many congrats on the imminent move! When is your start date?

Also just out of curiosity were you also contacted by a recruiter and if so did this also make up part of your 3 months?
Old Apr 27th 2022, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Taurus85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Starting date is June 5th.

Yes, the 3 months included my first actual step in the process (answering a questionnaire) before a 1st interview.
Old Apr 27th 2022, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Ok cheers Taurus85, I had it slightly differently when contacted by the recruiter was only given the JD and a non-disclosure document to sign off and now just waiting for the interview to be scheduled
Old May 19th 2022, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

Archieknox is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

Also in the hiring process for PIF. Recruiter said I will have to do a psychometric test online.

Anyone had to do this? Is it more of a personality / logic test or am I needed to brush up on numerical and verbal reasoning type of a test ?

any help appreciated.

cheers
AK
Old May 20th 2022, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Hi Archieknox, I am guessing this is a sort of a logic test so it might be worth scouring online to practice

When were you first contacted about the role?
Old May 20th 2022, 8:08 am
Just Joined

Pepper01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Archieknox
Hi guys,

Also in the hiring process for PIF. Recruiter said I will have to do a psychometric test online.

Anyone had to do this? Is it more of a personality / logic test or am I needed to brush up on numerical and verbal reasoning type of a test ?

AK
Can't speak for the PIF process, but have had to do psychometric testing for a range of different interviews. These kinds of tests can be wide ranging and varied. Things like guess the image in the pattern, right up to complicated mathematics questions. There's so many companies that provide these services so it's impossible to know what set you will get. It's worth having a go at a few online free examples to know that kinds of things to expect, but it's not the kind of test that you can practice or revise for. Hope that helps.
Old May 20th 2022, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Archieknox is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you guys - I am looking at range different tests online. I was hoping someone who has actually taken them at PIF could help me hone in the type(s)as there can be many different types.

I’ve been in the process for about 3 months now. Had 3 rounds of interviews