Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Pfizer - Booster or Fully Vaccinated Dilemma

Pfizer - Booster or Fully Vaccinated Dilemma

Old Nov 30th 2021, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pfizer - Booster or Fully Vaccinated Dilemma

Originally Posted by csdf
It's fairly simple: the vaccinated people who are in hospital are only 10% of the total number of cases amongst vaccinated people. Hence 90% protection against hospitalisation.
Before December 2020, when there were no vaccines, what was the hospitalization rate among Covid patients, all of whom were effectively "unvaccinated" ?

I daresay it wasnt any higher than 10%, though many people wrongly assume that catching Covid is an automatic hospital admission, whereas vast majority dont get hospitalized, with, or without vaccines
Old Nov 30th 2021, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiraz1
The 8% of unvaccinated people are providing half the hospitalisations, the 92% are providing half.

That does not equate to 50% efficacy, obviously.
It means over 90% protection again hospitalisation.
What is the age and health condition of the 8%?
Lets keep in mind that a big % of unvaccinated people are so because they are in a bad medical shape, because of age or other conditions. So if they catch Covid there is a good chance they will be hospitalized
Old Nov 30th 2021, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maxima
A lot of seemingly innocent statements will get you labelled as anti vax these days

1) Pointing out that Moderna causes heart issues in many younger males
2) Mentioning the blood clot problems with AZ
3) Wondering why Pfizer's submission to the FDA will take till 2076 to be fully disclosed

Any of these points are enough for some people to label you, permanently, as anti-vax
care to point to some examples of where this has happened ? Or just using this to punt your own agenda

Last edited by UKMS; Nov 30th 2021 at 4:43 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2021, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

shiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud of

Lets keep in mind that a big % of unvaccinated people are so because they are in a bad medical shape, because of age or other conditions. So if they catch Covid there is a good chance they will be hospitalized

You seem to be claiming that the 8% of the population who refuse to get vaccinated are the elderly and unwell, which you obviously have no evidence for.
Old Dec 1st 2021, 4:16 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I am not against vaccines at all. I have had many vaccines in my life and support properly tested vaccines with decades of date of effectiveness and clear side-effect data.

It does seem that asking questions about a specific set of vaccines these days is automatically 'anti-vax'. We are apparently to trust blindly every corporation and government now and throw informed consent and individual sovereignty out the window. Many of us are now quite happy to implement vaccine apartheid across populations...I'm still waiting to know why my vaccine needs other people to take theirs in order to work well enough for me to travel and move around as before.

N.
I meant against COVID vaccines, which in most people's experience is one of the first vaccines that they have had to consent to as an adult. Most of us have been vaccinated prior to this as children with parent's consent, it hasn't been an individual choice.
Obviously this vaccination has been hugely politicised into the categories you speak of - trust in government, trust in manufacturers etc. and the things you mention like informed consent and individual sovereignty. The choice seems much simpler to me - will this help me personally and will others also benefit from me being vaccinated - YES or NO. If yes then take the vaccine.

Informed consent and individual sovereignty are to be honest laughable concepts in the modern world - they are illusory at best and commonly seem to take the form of raging against a shopkeeper for insisting on a mask or personal 'research' by laymen into the medical field.

The maths of the Irish situation re the 8% and 92% making up approximately half each of hospitalisation is simply, that there are 500 cases in hospital so lets say 250 vaccinated versus 250 unvaccinated. The 250 vaccinated cases are from an overall vaccinated population of 4 million, the 250 unvaccinated cases are from an overall unvaccinated population of 400,000. That's a factor of 10 on face value
Old Dec 1st 2021, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shiraz1
You seem to be claiming that the 8% of the population who refuse to get vaccinated are the elderly and unwell, which you obviously have no evidence for.
No, a portion of the 8% would be those who who are unable to get vaccinated

The rest would be those who voluntarily refuse to get vaccinated.

So far we have no idea about the split between those 2 groups
Old Dec 1st 2021, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UKMS
care to point to some examples of where this has happened ? Or just using this to punt your own agenda
Social media.

When the first blood clot problems with AZ were reported, anyone posting it was attacked with claims of how this was fake news spread by Anti vaxxers

Ditto for Moderna's issues. Now however it is well known which is why countries like Finland which are hardly anti vax, have banned it for younger makes
Old Dec 1st 2021, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Social media.

When the first blood clot problems with AZ were reported, anyone posting it was attacked with claims of how this was fake news spread by Anti vaxxers

Ditto for Moderna's issues. Now however it is well known which is why countries like Finland which are hardly anti vax, have banned it for younger makes
simply stating ‘social media’ is not really giving an example …
Old Dec 1st 2021, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

since when has age precluded anyone from vaccination? Or for that matter being in bad shape ….. there aren’t really that many preclusions from vaccine
Old Dec 1st 2021, 10:39 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
It's fairly simple: the vaccinated people who are in hospital are only 10% of the total number of cases amongst vaccinated people. Hence 90% protection against hospitalisation.
10% was not the number stated in the comment I was replying to originally - it was 40% to 50% then.

I'd be interested in seeing links to where that number comes from.
Old Dec 1st 2021, 10:40 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKMS
As mentioned before …..you are focusing only on YOU to suit your agenda rather than the wider picture
That's a door that swings both ways.

Old Dec 1st 2021, 10:43 am

A lot of seemingly innocent statements will get you labelled as anti vax these days

1) Pointing out that Moderna causes heart issues in many younger males
2) Mentioning the blood clot problems with AZ
3) Wondering why Pfizer's submission to the FDA will take till 2076 to be fully disclosed

Any of these points are enough for some people to label you, permanently, as anti-vax
We live in an age of feelings not reason - and most of us have not been schooled in the basics of debate either.

It surprises me many cannot see how asking questions about one particular vaccine has nothing to do with all vaccines though.

But it surprises me more that many people are willing to see basic rights denied to others over one of the least deadly (if going by death rates) pandemics in history. The amount of closet Communists and Fascists who jump at the chance of vaccine apartheid is phenomenal. We used to have wars over things like this - and populations were vanished when the rhetoric against them rose to a fever pitch.

Old Dec 1st 2021, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

That's a door that swings both ways.
I’ve never focused on ME ….. only the wider picture and I don’t have an anti covid vax agenda masked by smoke.

Ive made decisions based on what I feel is good for me, my family, people who might come into contact with me and other people who might be impacted should I use unnecessary health resources if I were to become sick through not vaccinating. Therefore I consider other people not only me me me.
Old Dec 1st 2021, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

But it surprises me more that many people are willing to see basic rights denied to others over one of the least deadly (if going by death rates) pandemics in history.
Youve mentioned a couple of times about people being denied basic rights …… I’m interested to know what rights are being denied and where ? …. Of course there maybe some countries clamping down but that happens in various countries for various reasons which is another topic entirely.

you also previously mentioned people being jailed

It would interesting if you could expand on both ?
Old Dec 1st 2021, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
I meant against COVID vaccines, which in most people's experience is one of the first vaccines that they have had to consent to as an adult. Most of us have been vaccinated prior to this as children with parent's consent, it hasn't been an individual choice.
I have had two shots of Covid vaccine so you can decided if you think I am against Covid vaccinations - most of my concerns surrounded mRNA vaccines and the willingness of many otherwise rational people to see the powers of the State used to create a two tier citizenship in supposedly free nations (ones that my family have fought for repeatedly in the last century or two). As someone else pointed out - just asking questions gets one labelled as 'anti-vax', or asking for more informed consent or indeed challenging the many narratives being pushed out by media and some governments.

Obviously this vaccination has been hugely politicised into the categories you speak of - trust in government, trust in manufacturers etc. and the things you mention like informed consent and individual sovereignty. The choice seems much simpler to me - will this help me personally and will others also benefit from me being vaccinated - YES or NO. If yes then take the vaccine.
I'm glad the choice is simple to you. It isn't to some people though, and I think the rise is blood libels against them isn't really going to make the world a better place - forgetting about the rights of people not to be forced to undergo any medical procedures, informed consent, the collusion of state and big pharma etc make this a tough choice for many. Especially the many fit and healthy people who are already often fully recovered from Covid and who are being told they face fines, jail, job less and what amounts to being branded by the powers that be - much to the delight of the puritans who have done what they were told. It's going beyond healthcare to morality and societal fragmentation in some places.

Informed consent and individual sovereignty are to be honest laughable concepts in the modern world - they are illusory at best and commonly seem to take the form of raging against a shopkeeper for insisting on a mask or personal 'research' by laymen into the medical field.
You say these things are laughable then cite the logically fallacy known as the argument from authority - in otherwords, if you don't have the right qualifications you're simply too stupid to even begin to understand how to research data and draw your own conclusions.

I happen to be married to a published researcher and lecturer, and she'd be the first one to laugh at the suggestion that experts can always be trusted. People trusted Doctors in the 40s and 50s who were paid to say smoking was good for us. We are still suffering from the bad advice sponsored by the processed food industry in the 70s that told us seed oils and low fat diets are healthy. But somehow today we can blindly trust companies that have paid out record amounts in law suits due to faulty product that was also signed off and approved by various authorities.

I think equating being angry at a shopkeeper for asking you to wear a mask is a very different scenario to asking questions about certain companies and their products, the role of some authorities and the blatant calls to deny others certain rights....

The maths of the Irish situation re the 8% and 92% making up approximately half each of hospitalisation is simply, that there are 500 cases in hospital so lets say 250 vaccinated versus 250 unvaccinated. The 250 vaccinated cases are from an overall vaccinated population of 4 million, the 250 unvaccinated cases are from an overall unvaccinated population of 400,000. That's a factor of 10 on face value
Or one could just count the people who are hospitalised then see how many are vaccinated and how many are not...then again, nations have crippled and destroyed small businesses and helped create nine new pharma billionnaires last year over positive test results - not cases where people needed to see a doctor or stay in hospital. But if we count it that way we get figures that are about half and half very roughly...and when that's citided people rush to accuse those of pointing that out of having a personal agenda. If we were talking about any other virus or bacterial infection and only looked at cases with symptoms bad enough to seek medical attention we wouldn't have the same reaction from some quarters I am sure.

I am personally more interested in who has needed medical help rather than who has been tested positive or not. There are many things we don't test for as much as this which are with us all the time which can be also be deadly but we don't test unless someone has symptoms. If we did test as much for other things and ignore the difference between positive test results and cases with symptoms we'd have endless pandemics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.