PDC CHEQUE

Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Boxman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PDC CHEQUE

A company owed me some money and they have given me a post dated cheque which I did not want to take, but had no option, what's the downside??
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:48 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PDC CHEQUE

Originally Posted by Boxman
A company owed me some money and they have given me a post dated cheque which I did not want to take, but had no option, what's the downside??
it may bounce??
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by commander
it may bounce??
Ok, what can I do if it bounces? I thought its an offence here.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

it can be presented twice if on the third time it bounces again then you go to the police etc
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by busybee2
it can be presented twice if on the third time it bounces again then you go to the police etc
That's what I thought, will the police get heavy?, the cheque is for quite a lot of money!
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boxman
That's what I thought, will the police get heavy?, the cheque is for quite a lot of money!
Is the company a long standing reputable one, or just an unknown LLC? as anyone here with a few dhs (ok 50,000dhs plus) can get one set up..
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by admon
Is the company a long standing reputable one, or just an unknown LLC? as anyone here with a few dhs (ok 50,000dhs plus) can get one set up..
Yes it is a big company, been running for 4 years, with assets in Dubai. My only concern is that in the current economic climate should they go bust, what chance do I have of cashing in my cheque?
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

You can file a criminal case (at the police station) even if it bounces the first time - you don't have to wait .....
Old Dec 29th 2008, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieG
You can file a criminal case (at the police station) even if it bounces the first time - you don't have to wait .....
but by the time it bounces the bloke who signed it has done a runner

what date is on it ?
Old Dec 30th 2008, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Alen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond repute

In order to set-up a LLC company in Dubai, you will need AED:
300k start-up capital, with a certificate from the bank confirming that the amount is available in your account and that it will remain in the account until such time as you furnish the bank with sight and copy of a valid trade licence.
c. 150k plus 5% agent plus 5% municipality for a thirteen-month office Tenancy Contract.
c.150k plus 5% agent plus 5% municipality for a residence Tenancy Contract
c.15k to obtain health certificate, medical tests and to obtain an investor’s visa (qualifies one for labour and residence).
When all the above are in place, then:
c. 15k to obtain a trade licence, a Chamber of Commerce certificate, and to have your offices inspected by the municipality.
Plus:
5k recoverable deposit telephone roaming charges.
10k recoverable deposit to Dubai customs (if you are importing goods).
A valid telephone land line telephone account is required.
Also:
c. between 10k and 50k (depending on your agreement) to pay your local sponsor’s first year’s commission.

The trade licence allows you to trade only with the goods or services as mentioned in the licence.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alen1
In order to set-up a LLC company in Dubai, you will need AED:
300k start-up capital, with a certificate from the bank confirming that the amount is available in your account and that it will remain in the account until such time as you furnish the bank with sight and copy of a valid trade licence.
c. 150k plus 5% agent plus 5% municipality for a thirteen-month office Tenancy Contract.
c.150k plus 5% agent plus 5% municipality for a residence Tenancy Contract
c.15k to obtain health certificate, medical tests and to obtain an investor’s visa (qualifies one for labour and residence).
When all the above are in place, then:
c. 15k to obtain a trade licence, a Chamber of Commerce certificate, and to have your offices inspected by the municipality.
Plus:
5k recoverable deposit telephone roaming charges.
10k recoverable deposit to Dubai customs (if you are importing goods).
A valid telephone land line telephone account is required.
Also:
c. between 10k and 50k (depending on your agreement) to pay your local sponsor’s first year’s commission.

The trade licence allows you to trade only with the goods or services as mentioned in the licence.
the following statement goes for this whole post - err no you don't.

and don't argue, as I have done it and still doing it.

Maybe that is what you were blagged into..

Sorry I forgot to say: Happy New Year

Last edited by admon; Dec 30th 2008 at 12:43 pm. Reason: to add Happy New Year of course!!
Old Dec 30th 2008, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

in ad there are easier ways of going about it, without all that amount of money.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond repute

the following statement goes for this whole post - err no you don't.

and don't argue, as I have done it and still doing it.

Maybe that is what you were blagged into..

Sorry I forgot to say: Happy New Year
Then you are not a legal LLC.

Thank you for your new year wishes.
May you live in interesting times.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for advise, I done some research on them today and it all looks ok.
'fingers crossed'.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Alen1
Then you are not a legal LLC.

Thank you for your new year wishes.
May you live in interesting times.
there is more than 1 way to skin a cat in this country, as you will find out eventually.

my trade licence and visa tells me and the authorities that my business is (and it is) 100% legal.

just because you don't know better, don't assume that you know best..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.