Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Paying for Emirates flight by Credit Card

Paying for Emirates flight by Credit Card

Old Aug 6th 2011, 8:45 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Paying for Emirates flight by Credit Card

Further to another thread I have put up:

In September I am returning to Dubai with my wife and my 24 year old daughter.

I would like to pay for all our flights, with Emirates, by Credit Card.

My wife and I will return either in April or next June.

However my daughter will return, on her own either October or December.

In the past I have been asked to produce the credit card with which the tickets were booked.

If my daughter's tickets are booked with my credit card, and she is returning on her own, what will hapopen if they ask to see the credit card which was used to book her ticket? Is this likely to happen?

Thanks
Victor
Old Aug 7th 2011, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paying for Emirates flight by Credit Card

I'm not sure but I think you can do a copy of the credit card and or a covering letter.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 2:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
Further to another thread I have put up:

In September I am returning to Dubai with my wife and my 24 year old daughter.

I would like to pay for all our flights, with Emirates, by Credit Card.

In the past I have been asked to produce the credit card with which the tickets were booked.

If my daughter's tickets are booked with my credit card, and she is returning on her own, what will hapopen if they ask to see the credit card which was used to book her ticket? Is this likely to happen?

Thanks
Victor
This is only ever an issue at check-in (and even then it's rare) - can't you go with her when she checks in?
Old Aug 7th 2011, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew

Thanks
Victor
Originally Posted by The Dean
This is only ever an issue at check-in (and even then it's rare) - can't you go with her when she checks in?
Errrrrr!!
Old Aug 7th 2011, 4:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

If you contact the airline before hand and explain the situation they will make a note on the booking, ask for them to also confirm via email and they will send you a note of confirmation that your daughter can carry with her if there are any problems. I have this done all the time with work bookings so its quite standard.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 5:42 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure, but I think an alternative is to visit an Emirates booking office in person and show them the card. They'll then confirm on the booking that the card has been eyeballed.

I had this issue a month back when returning to Dubai from the UK. Normally we make our bookings in person at DNATA so the booking staff obviously see the card at the time you're paying for the tickets so there's no need to show it again at check-in, but on this occasion I'd made the booking entirely online and when I tried to complete online check-in I got a message saying that I had to show the card at the airport. The problem was that the card was 3000 miles away in Dubai.

I explained the situation to the check-in person and they had to get their manager to call Emirates Security and get them to make a decision. Presumably they just looked up my travel history with them and saw that I'd made numerous previous bookings with the same card, so they said "Fine" and that was that. If I was a first-time passenger with no travel history with Emirates, I suspect they would have refused to let me fly.

Last edited by Eeyore; Aug 7th 2011 at 5:45 am.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Qatar Airways ask you to visit their office where they validate the credit card and give you a signed/stamped confirmation. EK is probably the same.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 7:27 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

It's very easy - front and back photocopy of the card is fine
Old Aug 7th 2011, 7:54 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Is this an Emirates particular thing? I have booked flights on a credit card for years using many different airlines (never flown Emirates though) and have not once been asked to show my credit card...

Also some airlines let you tick a box on the payment page to say that the holder of the credit card is not travelling.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 7:57 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for your help and advice. Much appreciated

Victor
Old Aug 7th 2011, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Errrrrr!!
Errr........ October/December are before April/June, Patsy...........
Old Aug 7th 2011, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ctfc
It's very easy - front and back photocopy of the card is fine
you need a letter from the card holder authorising it as well...i know for sure cos i did it last week...

MM, xx
Old Aug 7th 2011, 4:33 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
Is this an Emirates particular thing? I have booked flights on a credit card for years using many different airlines (never flown Emirates though) and have not once been asked to show my credit card...
No, but I've noticed I've actually had to do it (rather than just being warned I might have to) far more frequently recently. Weird.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

book at the flight centre at Metropolitan, do it all the time