Passport Expiry

Old Apr 22nd 2013, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

abudhabinewbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport Expiry

renewing it now will take 6 weeks and im booking flights today to go home as they are a good price
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Originally Posted by abudhabinewbie
renewing it now will take 6 weeks and im booking flights today to go home as they are a good price
You dont need your passport to book a flight surely?
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 7:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone

My wifes passport is due to expire in 6 months and we are not sure what the process is for renewing from here as well as how this affects her residency visa which is on her current passport?

Any advice is really apprciated
u just carry 2 passports around, you can go to immigration and pay some more and they will cancel and reissue in new passport if you want to be bothered.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks so it looks like its the usual process for applying for a passport but what about the residency visa? you know how things work here and i just want to make sure we cover ourselves correctly
overseas passport applications now go to liverpool not dusseldorf, same procedure as before.

resident visa are process here, nothing to do with the uk obviously, as said before you just have 2 passports for the duration of your visa, or pay again and get it transferred, but its not worth the bother.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

that great thanks

Final question. Does the rule apply about having 6 months validity to travel to the UAE? I want to book flights home today for July. When we fly back in July my wifes passport will only have 3 months validity left so will she still be able to enter the UAE given that i have read you muct have at least 6 months validity on your passport to enter. Or is this not an issues since she has a residency visa?
usually as long as there is a residency visa in the passport they arent bothered we travelled to paris returned with passport only 3 months left.

if going back to the uk for the summer get it processed there, a lot cheaper.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yea i was thinking that but will there be any issues travelling back on my airline with a different passport? passport number, expiry etc all diffeent?
no.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by typical
Had no problem with my 10-and-a-half year passport in Jo'burg last year.
yeh never had a problem with the dates, and have many passports with 10 years and 9 months on it.