British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Parking spaces at Marina (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/parking-spaces-marina-772609/)

al-mcdon Sep 24th 2012 10:03 pm

Parking spaces at Marina

Hey

I'm moving to Dubai in Feb next year and am looking for an apartment with 2 parking spaces.

I reckon I'd like to stay at the Marina but guess that most apartments only come with one space. Does anyone know if it's possible to rent a second space or if you get two spaces with a 3 bedroom apt?

I'm guessing that all apartment blocks have different rules but any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Autonomy Sep 24th 2012 10:22 pm

Re: Parking spaces at Marina

Originally Posted by al-mcdon (Post 10297922)
Hey

I'm moving to Dubai in Feb next year and am looking for an apartment with 2 parking spaces.

I reckon I'd like to stay at the Marina but guess that most apartments only come with one space. Does anyone know if it's possible to rent a second space or if you get two spaces with a 3 bedroom apt?

I'm guessing that all apartment blocks have different rules but any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

As far as I know all buildings are different. The one I'm in is 1 space for 2 bed, 2 for 3 bed...

Why Marina only and why 2 spaces? Plenty of other locations with easier parking if needed that badly?

al-mcdon Sep 24th 2012 10:28 pm

Looking to flat share when I move out and heard that there are a lot of people who share down at the Marina, despite the strict letter of the law being that it's not allowed. Also like the idea of being within walking distance of some bars and restaurants.
Don't know too much about the options, from the limited research I've done it just seemed like the Marina was a good choice but more than open to other ideas!!

Gus Honeybun Sep 25th 2012 6:24 am

We rent a 3 bed apartment in JBR that comes with 2 spaces. JBR is located between the Marina and the beach - worth a look?

mentalist Sep 25th 2012 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Gus Honeybun (Post 10298391)
We rent a 3 bed apartment in JBR that comes with 2 spaces. JBR is located between the Marina and the beach - worth a look?

I know somebody in exactly the same position.

Bahtatboy Sep 26th 2012 5:27 am

Yep, it varies. I'm in a 3-bed (just off Marina) with only 1 parking space, but one of the apartments (in a different block) I looked at was a 2-bed with 2 spaces. Oh, and don't trust what the agent tells you...in my experience they'll lie through their teeth just to get a sale.

Meow Sep 26th 2012 12:51 pm

Of all the questions to ask four months ahead of moving, one about the number of parking places? :confused:

rowell Sep 27th 2012 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10300845)
Of all the questions to ask four months ahead of moving, one about the number of parking places? :confused:

Obviously everything else has been researched, we should be grateful we dont have to point him to other posts:D

Bahtatboy Sep 27th 2012 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 10302836)
Obviously everything else has been researched, we should be grateful we dont have to point him to other posts:D

Could well be so...

Sonales Sep 27th 2012 8:11 pm

Try JBR. You will get 2 spaces with 3 rooms.