Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Packaged offered...

Packaged offered...

Old Apr 12th 2008, 6:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Packaged offered...

Originally Posted by sparky15
hi,
Thanks for everyones advice.
I have no kids yet, just a gf but she plans to be wokring to, so we will be looking for a 1 bed apartment.

inlcudes medical, a flight home, 25 holiday allowance no furniture thou and a busary for training and to extend my qualifacations as im starting out at graduate level.

cheers.
make sure the holidays are working days not calendar days. otherwise weekends when you are away will be counted.

also (someone else may be able to correct me) I thought that UAE law stated that 30 days holiday was the legal minimum here.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

sparky15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one, cheers for your help cant wait to get out there again.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
make sure the holidays are working days not calendar days. otherwise weekends when you are away will be counted.

also (someone else may be able to correct me) I thought that UAE law stated that 30 days holiday was the legal minimum here.
yes 30 days is the law but they count weekends, need contract for 30 working days
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

fsazhar is an unknown quantity at this point

On the GF issue, you need to be aware that cohabitation for opposite sexs is not allowd in UAE unless you are married. If police finds out, you could be in lot of trouble. Altough people do live together, as long as they dont draw attention to them selves, especially when in public areas!

With regards to you Package I would say its only worth comming here if you are going to be finacially better off than back at home. so do your maths before you come over. I have found that people at work place are more happier than they are back home! Must be the wather
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fsazhar
On the GF issue, you need to be aware that cohabitation for opposite sexs is not allowd in UAE unless you are married. If police finds out, you could be in lot of trouble. Altough people do live together, as long as they dont draw attention to them selves, especially when in public areas!
Drawing attention to yourselves as a couple?
The only way you will have a problem in Dubai is if
(a) You or someone else goes to the police and states that you are cohabiting
(b) You or your girlfriend are arrested and you are investigated
(c) You are burgled or something and as a result of their investigations they find out.

In all fairness, in my time here, I haven't heard of a British couple having any kind of problem JUST through cohabiting (although yes IT IS illegal).

Get pregnant, arrested or have something else happen that draws attention to you and that is another issue entirely.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
Drawing attention to yourselves as a couple?
The only way you will have a problem in Dubai is if
(a) You or someone else goes to the police and states that you are cohabiting
(b) You or your girlfriend are arrested and you are investigated
(c) You are burgled or something and as a result of their investigations they find out.

In all fairness, in my time here, I haven't heard of a British couple having any kind of problem JUST through cohabiting (although yes IT IS illegal).

Get pregnant, arrested or have something else happen that draws attention to you and that is another issue entirely.
good idea to be a bit careful during Ramadan as well!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
good idea to be a bit careful during Ramadan as well!
When we first came here, we had a german neighbour who would get blind drunk as a a skunk, then play random 70's music as loud as his stereo system would take (and he had a very good stereo I might add).

During Ramadan, I think he found a way of amplifying the sound to even greater heights (new speakers maybe) and the bass was shaking our villa.

After going round there and having held him against a wall with my fist to his face so that the message was clear (his defence was 'it is english music, you are english, you like it'), 5 minutes later the boom started again so my wife called the police as she was worried about what was going to happen if I went round again.

The police came. The music was still on. The German was obviously still as drunk as a skunk. They chatted to him. They left. Nothing was done.
That was in Ramadan.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:05 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by admon
When we first came here, we had a german neighbour who would get blind drunk as a a skunk, then play random 70's music as loud as his stereo system would take (and he had a very good stereo I might add).

During Ramadan, I think he found a way of amplifying the sound to even greater heights (new speakers maybe) and the bass was shaking our villa.

After going round there and having held him against a wall with my fist to his face so that the message was clear (his defence was 'it is english music, you are english, you like it'), 5 minutes later the boom started again so my wife called the police as she was worried about what was going to happen if I went round again.

The police came. The music was still on. The German was obviously still as drunk as a skunk. They chatted to him. They left. Nothing was done.
That was in Ramadan.

Now that's just plain rude. Next time - bat the f**ker!