Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

one way or return tickets?

one way or return tickets?

Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

angelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to all
Default one way or return tickets?

Hi moving to Dubai in April, work are providing employment visa, in terms of getting into the country - would i ask for a visit visa and work convert it to employment? also, with my hubbie who may not have a job at that point - he will need to get a visit visa, should we both get return flights or one way flights?
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

angelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to all
Default Re: one way or return tickets?

Originally Posted by angelynv
Hi moving to Dubai in April, work are providing employment visa, in terms of getting into the country - would i ask for a visit visa and work convert it to employment? also, with my hubbie who may not have a job at that point - he will need to get a visit visa, should we both get return flights or one way flights?
anyone? look i know the thread is boring but its actually fairly important and im sure it will help out others who may not have considered this issue?? thanks!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

anyone? look i know the thread is boring but its actually fairly important and im sure it will help out others who may not have considered this issue?? thanks!
In my experience they both cost about the same, as the airlines bump up the one-way charges to offset the fact that they may have an odd seat on an odd journey they cannot sell.

Check prices then ask us again if still unsure.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Get a one way ticket. Sink or swim.

I was planning on getting ( or being given should I say ) a one way ticket from UK to KSA.

Once I'm there, then I would book return flights from KSA to UK, back to KSA. That's how I envisaged it to work? What date you flying out - I'm due on Sun 6th April to Riyadh!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Dean
In my experience they both cost about the same, as the airlines bump up the one-way charges to offset the fact that they may have an odd seat on an odd journey they cannot sell.

Check prices then ask us again if still unsure.
well i was intrigued by silverjet from the other thread, its £500 for one way but £1000 for return. obviously to be able to fly business class for £500 is great - in this example it will make a difference which we choose. i read somewhere to get a visit visa u need a two way ticket? im unsure as i will go there presum,ably on visit visa which will be converted to employment visa. my hubbie will go on visit visa which will also be converted but unsure when this will happen as he hasnt secured a job out there yet..
Old Feb 18th 2008, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nottmbantam

I was planning on getting ( or being given should I say ) a one way ticket from UK to KSA.

Once I'm there, then I would book return flights from KSA to UK, back to KSA. That's how I envisaged it to work? What date you flying out - I'm due on Sun 6th April to Riyadh!
the problem is being refused a visit visa at the airport because we only have one way tickets.. i dont know if this is definately the case - can anyone help?
Old Feb 18th 2008, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Return flights are MUCH cheaper if they start and finish in Europe than if they start and finish out here..... occasional "special offers" excepted of course....
Old Feb 18th 2008, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Return flights are MUCH cheaper if they start and finish in Europe than if they start and finish out here..... occasional "special offers" excepted of course....
any thoughts about visa entry with a one-way ticket though? dont want issues when i get to the airport..
Old Feb 18th 2008, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, interesting tip The Dean, thanks for that.

Also good point re being denied entry if you only have a OW ticket angel. didn't think of that either. Back to the dunces corner for me....

Is that similar with KSA - I think the work permit thing works differently in KSA? I know my visa is about to be applied for - my new employers currently have my passport and will be applying for a visa at the end of Feb.

Thing is - I'll need my Passport abck by mid March as we're planning a week away!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Also good point re being denied entry if you only have a OW ticket angel. didn't think of that either. Back to the dunces corner for me....

Is that similar with KSA - I think the work permit thing works differently in KSA? I know my visa is about to be applied for - my new employers currently have my passport and will be applying for a visa at the end of Feb.

Thing is - I'll need my Passport abck by mid March as we're planning a week away!
i checked uae embassy - apparently it says u must have a valid 2 way ticket to get into the country..
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i checked uae embassy - apparently it says u must have a valid 2 way ticket to get into the country..
I'm sure that's not right, Angel.........

I've only ever been asked "which hotel are you staying at" on arrival at DXB, presumably on the (perfectly reasonable) grounds that I look like a vagrant.....
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

macteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nice

They have your passport before you've arrived?? Hubby's company only needed scanned copies of ours.....

Regarding the airfare, they organised everything for us (even though the speed they work at over here is nail-bitingly slow ) - one way ticket with a 'dummy' return. I guess you need to 'know' certain people for these things perhaps.....
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

If you are coming in on a visit visa you do have to have a return ticket. The airline in London will probably pull you up on it!
I had this problem when I flew back in July. I was entering on a visit Visa but my return ticket was only for December way after the validity of the visit visa. I explained that I had a work visa under process and showed them my UAE driving license and previous cancelled residence permit. They the scrawled something on my ticket, without which I would not have been allowed to board the flight.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by macteepee
They have your passport before you've arrived?? Hubby's company only needed scanned copies of ours.....

Regarding the airfare, they organised everything for us (even though the speed they work at over here is nail-bitingly slow ) - one way ticket with a 'dummy' return. I guess you need to 'know' certain people for these things perhaps.....
Yes, they have my passport in their possession as we speak. They are sorting out the work visa so hence they can do all the leg work with the KSA Embassy, but I will get my passport back soon ( fingers crossed ) so I can then travel with it when I fly out.

My employers are also sorting out the airtickets, so no idea if I'm getting a one way or open ended return.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 3:34 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

errrrrrr....it does actually happen sometimes that there are no people online that can answer all these questions...it's not like you are being ignored on purpose or anything...and things that are important to you may not always be equally important to others...it's not like you can come on here and click your fingers and people will stand to attention and answer to all your needs within seconds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.