Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

One for the ladies..

One for the ladies..

Old Oct 13th 2008, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Akitect is an unknown quantity at this point
Default One for the ladies..

Does anyone know where one can buy GHD hair straightners in Dubai? Also how much is it there? Its about £95 cheapest if bought online just wondering if it was any cheaper there.
I am making a trip to Dubai in the first week of November. Might as well make the most of it.
Oh any recommended places to shop for good deals? Both electronic and fashion. I have never been to Dubai before, also wanted to know what is the best mode of transport as a tourist. Are public transport good?
And lastly, as a tourist do you need a liquor licence to drink? Even if it meant drinking at a friends place.
Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

mariang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: One for the ladies..

According to another dubai forum ghd straighteners cannot be found here. I bought straighteners in uk on line called st8 which are half the price of ghds. Bought brand new from ebay at around £40.00. These I find just as good as ghds without the rip off price.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One for the ladies..

Originally Posted by Akitect
Does anyone know where one can buy GHD hair straightners in Dubai? Also how much is it there? Its about £95 cheapest if bought online just wondering if it was any cheaper there.
I am making a trip to Dubai in the first week of November. Might as well make the most of it.
Oh any recommended places to shop for good deals? Both electronic and fashion. I have never been to Dubai before, also wanted to know what is the best mode of transport as a tourist. Are public transport good?
And lastly, as a tourist do you need a liquor licence to drink? Even if it meant drinking at a friends place.
Thanks in advance.
you can buy them at sisters beauty salon in jumeirah...they are massively overpriced though. Order them through http://www.hqhair.com/code/products....ct=13706&pID=1 , they are always really competitive (£99.95) and reliable...

there are buses, but you're probably best to use a cab...

yeah, tourists can drink in dubai...

MM, xx