Oman border fee?

Old Apr 24th 2011, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of
Default Oman border fee?

Hi all

Anyone know if the road entry visa fees have been dropped in to Oman for sure? I can't find too much to go on, only that protesters demanded the fees be dropped and so on the 19th March they were? I'm going to Muscat this weekend and wondered what I'd be facing this time

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visit-visa-renewal.php
Old Apr 24th 2011, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Oman border fee?

Nobody knows?
Old Apr 25th 2011, 5:45 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

do a search, it went up in price I am sure we are all legal residents ...
Old Apr 25th 2011, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Did you look at the link? Read text in red....
Old Apr 26th 2011, 9:45 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Drove through to Muscat from Hatta / Al Wajaja border post last Saturday. With a UAE residency visa cost was OR5/person (ie 50 dhs/person).

Returned today, there's no longer any OR2 vehicle exit tax. You go straight through to the passport checkpoint where they stamp your passport and also give you the stamped piece of paper (which you formerly had to pay OR2 for) which you hand over to the guy at the Customs post on the way out of Oman as you would usually have done.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 9:59 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and by the way, make sure you have your passports in your hand once you get through Madam in Sharjah on the way through to Hatta. There's a very real checkpoint there into the Wilayat al Rowdah (or however they choose to spell it) which is an Omani enclave and they will probably just wave you through but we have, on one occasion had our passports scrutinised by the guards there and this checkpoint is becoming more and more permanent with an overhead shaded cover being built.

If you're travelling through to Oman proper (rather than doing a visa run) you'll need to keep your passports available from Madam until you get through the Omani passport control office at Al Wajaja, ie the other side of the Dubai Hatta border post.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Ah, so its just the Omani fees that have been scrapped and not the total crossing fees. We are actually hoping to go via the Fujairah border point as we live in Ras Al Khaimah for one and its a lot quieter than Hatta. Have you ever crossed there?

Last edited by Bigtaff; Apr 27th 2011 at 2:50 am.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 8:59 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

Sorry, not crossed that border so can't help.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 10:08 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigtaff
Ah, so its just the Omani fees that have been scrapped and not the total crossing fees. We are actually hoping to go via the Fujairah border point as we live in Ras Al Khaimah for one and its a lot quieter than Hatta. Have you ever crossed there?
you moved?
Old Apr 27th 2011, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, I met and married a Welsh girl that teaches up here. Its a lovely place to live and property is so much cheaper. Demand and quality is lower but I'm not stuck up my own ass so don't mind that.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 11:28 am
Concierge

Yeah, I met and married a Welsh girl that teaches up here. Its a lovely place to live and property is so much cheaper. Demand and quality is lower but I'm not stuck up my own ass so don't mind that.
Congratulations! I have friends who live up there as well and they love it, where are you Al Hamra?
Old Apr 27th 2011, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

No, I live near Manar Mall in Teachers accomodation. Next time you're up give me a shout, if you like If you haven't already, try the brunch at the Rotana Cove - not bad at all
Old Apr 27th 2011, 11:35 am
Concierge

I would move to RAK at the drop of a hat, about 5 years ago we discussed getting out of Dubai but unfortunately there are no job opportunities for my husband up there. I love Al Ain as well.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

I commute to Dubai every day. It's only an hour from here (DXB airport is 45 mins). My position makes me responsible for the whole Middle East and often drive to A.D and Al Ain from here with no problems. The main roads are good, full of clowns of course, but good so travel is easy
Old Apr 27th 2011, 11:56 am
Concierge

I commute to Dubai every day. It's only an hour from here (DXB airport is 45 mins). My position makes me responsible for the whole Middle East and often drive to A.D and Al Ain from here with no problems. The main roads are good, full of clowns of course, but good so travel is easy
My husband's office in Garhoud with a Head Office in AD, it isn't an option for us anymore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.