Oman??

Old Feb 14th 2010, 12:02 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oman??

Dear all.

I have been offered a job in Oman, but i have some debt exposure in Dubai and an uncancelled visa.

Can anyone let me know if this will be a problem.....facts please not speculations or urban legends.

Ta
Old Feb 14th 2010, 12:38 pm
Banned

i-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nice
Default Re: Oman??

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Dear all.

I have been offered a job in Oman, but i have some debt exposure in Dubai and an uncancelled visa.

Can anyone let me know if this will be a problem.....facts please not speculations or urban legends.

Ta
Nothing just all the best
Old Feb 14th 2010, 8:28 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

No speculation or myths but Oman is part of GCC and this may have some relevance to your situation?
Old Feb 15th 2010, 2:33 am
Banned

i-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nice

Where exactly you got the offer, I mean in Muscat or Salalah or Sohar?
Just curious.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 10:46 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by i-like-tea
Where exactly you got the offer, I mean in Muscat or Salalah or Sohar?
Just curious.
Muscat
Old Feb 15th 2010, 10:51 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Muscat
Wasn't that long ago we were congratulating you on the setting up of your consultancy...did it all go pear-shaped - as Londoners might ask?
Old Feb 15th 2010, 11:27 am
Up in the air

Originally Posted by MacScot
Wasn't that long ago we were congratulating you on the setting up of your consultancy...did it all go pear-shaped - as Londoners might ask?
Yup, in the most spectacular fashion.

Mostly due to locals refusing to pay their bills, and us not being to carry their debt
Old Feb 16th 2010, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

JD,

It is rare that Oman has any connection with Dubai when it comes to Debt sharing, if you try to obtain a res visa for oman and you have an uncancelled res visa for Dubai they will not allow it, you would need to change your passport and apply on a new passport.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 11:37 am
Up in the air

Originally Posted by banter64
JD,

It is rare that Oman has any connection with Dubai when it comes to Debt sharing, if you try to obtain a res visa for oman and you have an uncancelled res visa for Dubai they will not allow it, you would need to change your passport and apply on a new passport.
hats great news....my main concern was getting arrested if i fly directly into muscat
Old Feb 16th 2010, 1:26 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, in the most spectacular fashion.

Mostly due to locals refusing to pay their bills, and us not being to carry their debt
Sorry to hear that JD. I don't really have any direct info to help you in your specific situation but the following searches might have some info.

One answer (at the following URL) says GCC countries dont have a common database for blacklisted people…but when Oman gets an ID card system in place, UAE authorities may - in the future - get access to debt information of GCC citizens:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5060132AAzBeL2

Other info that may be relevant to UAE and other GCC can be found here:

http://www.desertspeak.com/viewtopic.php?t=1761

I suppose it may be possible to arrange payments to pay off debts in UAE, as some people who have left the UAE continue to pay off debts whilst in the UK, for example.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 1:47 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by MacScot
Sorry to hear that JD. I don't really have any direct info to help you in your specific situation but the following searches might have some info.

One answer (at the following URL) says GCC countries dont have a common database for blacklisted people…but when Oman gets an ID card system in place, UAE authorities may - in the future - get access to debt information of GCC citizens:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5060132AAzBeL2

Other info that may be relevant to UAE and other GCC can be found here:

http://www.desertspeak.com/viewtopic.php?t=1761

I suppose it may be possible to arrange payments to pay off debts in UAE, as some people who have left the UAE continue to pay off debts whilst in the UK, for example.
Well the gig is netting me around 12k gbp/69k aed a month, so i can sort out my debts, then head over the border once im all square.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

JD

To clarify I checked with the man at a certain hated bank and he said that they do not share their information with Oman in any circumstances, I also checked with regards to you entering on a passport with an expired UAE Visa, this is definatley not allowed.

Hope this all helps
Old Feb 17th 2010, 11:29 am
Up in the air

JD

To clarify I checked with the man at a certain hated bank and he said that they do not share their information with Oman in any circumstances, I also checked with regards to you entering on a passport with an expired UAE Visa, this is definatley not allowed.

Hope this all helps
Well my UAE RES visa is still valid, but i could always apply for a new passport
Old Feb 17th 2010, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Well my UAE RES visa is still valid, but i could always apply for a new passport
If it is valid they will not allow a new residency in Oman whilst the Dubai one is valid, they would need a cancellation, it would be far easier for you to maybe wash your passport and obtain a new one for entry into Oman
Old Mar 14th 2010, 6:51 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

If it is valid they will not allow a new residency in Oman whilst the Dubai one is valid, they would need a cancellation, it would be far easier for you to maybe wash your passport and obtain a new one for entry into Oman
In this part of the world it is better to just apply got new passports if there is anything in it you are unsure of. (allegedly)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.