Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The old visa issue

The old visa issue

Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

axlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant future
Default The old visa issue

Hello folks

Got some real bad news yesterday that puts me back to square 1, partner got a solicitor letter fromn the courts saying couldn't grant a divorce on grounds requested as they seemed more to be gradual decline in the relationship or wait for it desertion! What was his solicitor thinking about? This means we have to wait another 18 months for the 5 year rule.

Clarification required please on the following:-

My partner has a contract signed and agreed.........What happens if he decides to stay with me from the offer pont of view...presume he would be black listed!

The company has offered me a ficticious job and pay all my visa costs, I would be on their books and they would show a salary paid from his wages to make it legit or as close as (loop hole as they put it) problem I am told that you would need to be on a companies books 2 years before you can even consider moving, hence I could not work part time or otherwise for 2 years!

The company states that a contract can be bought out at a cost per month, but I am also told this was abolished at least 12 months ago, and that the 2 year rule stands!

Is my dream over or has it turned into a nightmare,
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:25 am

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The old visa issue

Originally Posted by axlenoyl
Hello folks

Got some real bad news yesterday that puts me back to square 1, partner got a solicitor letter fromn the courts saying couldn't grant a divorce on grounds requested as they seemed more to be gradual decline in the relationship or wait for it desertion! What was his solicitor thinking about? This means we have to wait another 18 months for the 5 year rule.

Clarification required please on the following:-

My partner has a contract signed and agreed.........What happens if he decides to stay with me from the offer pont of view...presume he would be black listed!

The company has offered me a ficticious job and pay all my visa costs, I would be on their books and they would show a salary paid from his wages to make it legit or as close as (loop hole as they put it) problem I am told that you would need to be on a companies books 2 years before you can even consider moving, hence I could not work part time or otherwise for 2 years!

The company states that a contract can be bought out at a cost per month, but I am also told this was abolished at least 12 months ago, and that the 2 year rule stands!

Is my dream over or has it turned into a nightmare,
Why not just get a full time position here?
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

axlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant future

I don't want to work full time, I have a 13 year old son coming across with me and it would be unfair on him.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:30 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beebee
Why not just get a full time position here?
didn't she need that anyway to be able to sponsor the son...
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by MataHari
didn't she need that anyway to be able to sponsor the son...
Think so..
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

You saying you can only sponsor your son on full time work?
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:34 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

You saying you can only sponsor your son on full time work?
I thought I saw a reply that mentioned that in one of the other threads you were on...read back and see if I got it right...sounds sort of logical though cause your salary would have to be enough for the both of you...but I am now totally guessing so pay no attention...try and find that post in the other thread...
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:35 am

I don't want to work full time, I have a 13 year old son coming across with me and it would be unfair on him.
He will be in School a lot of the time, and surely at that age he will want to spend a lot of his free time with mates?
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

He has a good salary but with not sorting divorce out at the moment he pays all her bills as houses are in joint names, also we are keeping my house going for my daughter who is at University so yes we could manage but only just, and at least me having a part time job would help pay some way towards the private education fo MY son.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

I agree but it will take time for him to make friends and the working hours over there are so long! I dont want to leave a job here to work 25% more hours for 50% less money.Nurses and midwives are not well paid in Dubai.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:42 am
hmmmm...nice

He has a good salary but with not sorting divorce out at the moment he pays all her bills as houses are in joint names, also we are keeping my house going for my daughter who is at University so yes we could manage but only just, and at least me having a part time job would help pay some way towards the private education fo MY son.
as far as the authorities here are concerned, you are your sons only sponser...since you are not married your partner is not linked to you in any way, and he won't be able to sponser you or your son...
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:42 am
hmmmm...nice

I agree but it will take time for him to make friends and the working hours over there are so long! I dont want to leave a job here to work 25% more hours for 50% less money.Nurses and midwives are not well paid in Dubai.
maybe you should just leave the whole idea behind...just a thought....
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:43 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

if the company is willing to put you on the books for visa puposes then they are probably a decent bunch and wouldnt have an objection to you working for someone else.
An employee can have more than 1 job here but you need a letter confirming that your main sponsor is happy for you to do so. by the sounds of it it wouldnt be a problem.

Last edited by shiva; Dec 16th 2007 at 9:46 am. Reason: god damned ****ing piece of shit keyboard
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Now that sounds a solution,
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:49 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Now that sounds a solution,
its the middle east, theres always a solution, only question is how much it costs in terms of time, money and effort

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.