Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Ok enough is enough..............

Ok enough is enough..............

Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:26 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ok enough is enough..............

........where can I buy a heater, any type as long as it gets very, very hot. My house is like an icehouse and it is no joke anymore, I refuse to wear hats and coats indoors and I left my thermals at home 10 years ago!!!

Thinking of moving to Arabian ranches so i can have a nice (fake) open fireplace, hot cuppa cocoa, chestnuts, rug......... soft music........... candles..... oil...........oops sorry... errr where was I, oh yes a stonking hot heater....or do I have to set all the burners on the stove to full power or cook another soddin turkey????

[shiver shiver]
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:29 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ok enough is enough..............

Originally Posted by Jellybean
........where can I buy a heater, any type as long as it gets very, very hot. My house is like an icehouse and it is no joke anymore, I refuse to wear hats and coats indoors and I left my thermals at home 10 years ago!!!

Thinking of moving to Arabian ranches so i can have a nice (fake) open fireplace, hot cuppa cocoa, chestnuts, rug......... soft music........... candles..... oil...........oops sorry... errr where was I, oh yes a stonking hot heater....or do I have to set all the burners on the stove to full power or cook another soddin turkey????

[shiver shiver]
Gotta say I love my house like the north pole, I get to wear my jumpers!! and ankle socks.... Bliss.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:31 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Gotta say I love my house like the north pole, I get to wear my jumpers!! and ankle socks.... Bliss.

Hardier than I Heart, I am well past the jumpers and ankle socks, when I get to the point where I can't touch my nose because of all the jumpers I have on I feel I hv to draw the line LOL

My feet are in boots as I speak
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Hardier than I Heart, I am well past the jumpers and ankle socks, when I get to the point where I can't touch my nose because of all the jumpers I have on I feel I hv to draw the line LOL

I know how you feel Jools. Was in shock last year and though it was only a problem with my apartment as it doesn't get any sunlight and thought people in villas would be better off. I haven't searched for heaters, as I dread to think about the bills. It might be really difficult to heat open plan areas with high ceilings, since the place will fill up with heat on top first and due to lack of insulation here, it will just evaporate. When worse comes to worse, I just end up switching on the oven and sit next to it, or go for a ride in my heated car.

I thought the massage yesterday might help me in warming up a bit but even during the massage I felt like a frozen stick.

Ask for more cuddles. Body heat always works best.

Good luck. I believe Novita has heaters but then she isn't in Dubai.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:43 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

Cold?? Now?? at mid day?

can I come over!! Its hot here and the AC is on!

Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:50 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
I know how you feel Jools. Was in shock last year and though it was only a problem with my apartment as it doesn't get any sunlight and thought people in villas would be better off. I haven't searched for heaters, as I dread to think about the bills. It might be really difficult to heat open plan areas with high ceilings, since the place will fill up with heat on top first and due to lack of insulation here, it will just evaporate. When worse comes to worse, I just end up switching on the oven and sit next to it, or go for a ride in my heated car.

I thought the massage yesterday might help me in warming up a bit but even during the massage I felt like a frozen stick.

We are fortunate enough not to hv to pay the bills PT so that I am not worried about, maybe i'll just hv an indoor BBQ this afternoon LOL. To be honest my house in the UK wouldn't be as cold as this, it's amazing.

Nabs yes it is cold in my house unless I hv the oven on, then again my mother always said that I didn't have blood in my veins LOL
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:54 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

Nabs yes it is cold in my house unless I hv the oven on, then again my mother always said that I didn't have blood in my veins LOL
My mom says that too I wonder why!

Old Jan 13th 2005, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

I can't remember where i saw it maybe ACE had some Ceramic heaters for sale.

Have you thought that the Chill factor may be caused by the amount of Alcohol you consume which in time thins the blood making you more Susceptible to the lower temperatures we are experiencing at the moment.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 7:09 am
The Delivery Man...

Originally Posted by johnbuoy

Have you thought that the Chill factor may be caused by the amount of Alcohol you consume which in time thins the blood making you more Susceptible to the lower temperatures we are experiencing at the moment.

I'll drink to that

Old Jan 13th 2005, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

I had to use spell check for Susceptible!!
Old Jan 13th 2005, 7:16 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Nabs
I'll drink to that

PMSL me too
Old Jan 13th 2005, 7:34 am
Banned

Originally Posted by johnbuoy

Ok i'm off to ACE many stores many lifestyles You get karma for that if I can give jonnyboy and if I find one I might have to give u a huge smackeroonie X

Oh by the way everybody I have noticed that my karma hits have dried up somewhat....eerrrr if I hv been nice, kind, considerate or gotten anybody sexually aroused over the last few days feel free to hit me with some K
Old Jan 13th 2005, 7:50 am
The Delivery Man...

Ok i'm off to ACE many stores many lifestyles You get karma for that if I can give jonnyboy and if I find one I might have to give u a huge smackeroonie X

Oh by the way everybody I have noticed that my karma hits have dried up somewhat....eerrrr if I hv been nice, kind, considerate or gotten anybody sexually aroused over the last few days feel free to hit me with some K
hmmmm..... what was that gain?
Old Jan 13th 2005, 7:54 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Nabs
hmmmm..... what was that gain?
U lost me Nabs...where did I go wrong
Old Jan 13th 2005, 8:26 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palm Tree

Afternoon everyone !!!

Poor Jools !!!! I think u should be able to get the heater in Carrefour, i got mine from there (Carrefour Doha of course !!!). During winter Carrefour sell all sort of heater. They are portable ... so u can move them around.

Our lounge quiet big, the heater will take ages to heat up our lounge. But it is fine for our bedroom. Sometime we move them in our bathroom if any of us having a shower or a bath.

JB ... u will never thought that middle east can get cooler than Jakarta eh???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.