Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Offshore Banking Advise

Offshore Banking Advise

Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:24 pm
Banned

J0nah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Offshore Banking Advise

[QUOTE=Autonomy;7666840]some might disagree...

some may not
Attached Thumbnails Offshore Banking Advise-choc.jpg  
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:50 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J0nah
account in a well regulated market, not an investmen Tell that to those with accounts at Kaupthing Singer Friedlander IOM
I would but I'm busy talking to people who have their money in UAE banks frozen because a spouse died or they are involved in legal action in the country...

In all honesty it seems you're more interested in being negative, contradicting or faulting anything I post rather than posting something constructive or helpful...perhaps you'd do better in the "Take it Outside" forums where we can just vent our frustrations at people we don't know in cyberspace?

N.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 11:45 pm
Banned

J0nah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I would but I'm busy talking to people who have their money in UAE banks frozen because a spouse died or they are involved in legal action in the country...

In all honesty it seems you're more interested in being negative, contradicting or faulting anything I post rather than posting something constructive or helpful...perhaps you'd do better in the "Take it Outside" forums where we can just vent our frustrations at people we don't know in cyberspace?

N.
1. Wow you must be busy mate, how many spouses have died for you to be so busy with em? Didnt realise the death rate for expats was so high recently...either that or you are touting...get over yourself mate, take a look in the mirror hey...do it before responding and be honest with yourself.....if you come back with anything other than 'i feel so bad for all the oh so wrong shit i have been mis-selling people all this time' then go back to the mirror and look a little harder....ahhh unless you have the skin of a rhino and just don't care...

The answer is a 25 year savings plan, remind me, what was the question again, doh forgot access after 18 months - free from your commission clawback period that is, not my money of course, how silly of me....

2. yeah, thats cos from what i have seen you post a pile of crap, pretending to know what you are talking about regarding financial advice, when we all know you are a lying piece of shit....actually no thats not true, otherwise you would be out of business if your clients were aware of your lies pre-sale

yeah i agree, i should take this somewhere that your prey cannot or more importantly does not see it, that way you won't be exposed hey....omg your worse (or better, depending what side you look at it from) than the cat lover, didn't think that was possible

EXPOSED SUN
Old Jun 16th 2009, 3:50 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

1. Wow you must be busy mate, how many spouses have died for you to be so busy with em? Didnt realise the death rate for expats was so high recently...either that or you are touting...get over yourself mate, take a look in the mirror hey...do it before responding and be honest with yourself.....if you come back with anything other than 'i feel so bad for all the oh so wrong shit i have been mis-selling people all this time' then go back to the mirror and look a little harder....ahhh unless you have the skin of a rhino and just don't care...

The answer is a 25 year savings plan, remind me, what was the question again, doh forgot access after 18 months - free from your commission clawback period that is, not my money of course, how silly of me....

2. yeah, thats cos from what i have seen you post a pile of crap, pretending to know what you are talking about regarding financial advice, when we all know you are a lying piece of shit....actually no thats not true, otherwise you would be out of business if your clients were aware of your lies pre-sale

yeah i agree, i should take this somewhere that your prey cannot or more importantly does not see it, that way you won't be exposed hey....omg your worse (or better, depending what side you look at it from) than the cat lover, didn't think that was possible

EXPOSED SUN
I have had dealings and communication with both Meow and Norm in the past and here are my views:

Norm, he helped us get an overseas mortgage for a UK property, we are happy as **** with the deal he got us..

While he was at my house, i took the opportunity to let him peruse through some investments and insurance policies that i took out with a well known less reputable company out here..(we all know who they are). That was Norm's chance to dismiss these policies as crap and go for the sale/commission on new policies that you are insinuating that he is driven by. Norm looked at these policies and actually commented that they were pretty damned good.

Meow is constantly offering advice for people...she has done for years. She put me in contact with a broker in the UK for mortgages etc. Of course it is commission for her, it is her profession FFS. But she does a lot of work for free. Read her responses on here on a wide range of topics..she is passing on her knowledge.

If there was a thread about Electrical power generation, i would pass comment and advise as is my profession.

You want oil field drilling parts, ill sell you them, you want financial advice, speak to these people...

The financial services industry are full of unqualified knobbers out here, these 2 are not..

And for the record Meow will recall a few years ago when i was reeling from my less than wise investment, i gave her all kinds of pelters, similar to what you are doing..

I have no vested interest in these 2 people, i just know they are decent people who do offer advice..

IT is what it is...advice...take it or leave it!!

Just stop the jibes bud..its making you look silly
Old Jun 16th 2009, 5:11 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

EXPOSED SUN

That is completley out of order and indeed libellous I would think.

Personal attacks of that nature are not welcome here, particularly as this is untrue.

-
Old Jun 16th 2009, 6:04 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

You have been here for a couple of days it seems with the sole intention of attacking 2 posters only. You have had a warning already.

Final warning - permanent ban if you continue this.

See site rules

1. BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack.

2. There may be places where sexually explicit, racist, obscene or vulgar language, graphics or behavior is appropriate however BritishExpats.com is NOT one of them. We do not alllow graphics that contain nude body parts, sexually-orientated or violent acts. Should anyone use inappropriate language, start a personal attack, or engage in hate speech, they will be barred from all further discussions.

EXPOSED SUN
Old Jun 16th 2009, 11:16 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

EXPOSED SUN
I'm fairly thick skinned, sometimes misunderstood and often just pass time in these forums because I love to moan and debate but I really cannot abide libel about my personal or professional character. I'm sure you'd be a bit miffed if you had a tirade of abuse and lies posted about you in a public internet forum.

If you can provide evidence to back up your claims that I am some mis-selling inhuman whose answer to everything is a 25 year savings plan let's all see it so I can eat my words...

....otherwise retract your statement and apologise - I think Meow deserves an even bigger apology as well since she's one of the most ethical and qualified people I have ever come across in this industry.

N.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 11:55 am

diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Lloyds charge you around 7 or 8 quid a month just for having the account regardless of how much you use it...
N
you're probably right ... however, i needed it and that seemed to be the best options for a guy like me (without cash to start with) ... the monthly charges don't really bother me ... anyhow read this guy's enquiry and that was my expereince ... glad that you and some other people who had different experience (should I say better) got into the discussion ... hopefully the guy got the answer he needed.

Last edited by diablo; Jun 16th 2009 at 12:02 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

glad you posted- I'll do Lloyds TSB as well- (I cross checked with my bank HSBC and 25,000 is not what I'd like to start with )- quite high monthly fees...not the end of the world for now.
As for Standard- sounds ok - I'll check out their web site.

Originally Posted by diablo
you're probably right ... however, i needed it and that seemed to be the best options for a guy like me (without cash to start with) ... the monthly charges don't really bother me ... anyhow read this guy's enquiry and that was my expereince ... glad that you and some other people who had different experience (should I say better) got into the discussion ... hopefully the guy got the answer he needed.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

mdb2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by diablo
Talked to a guy at Lloyds yesterday, he told me of the £7 per month charge but he was also kind enough to point out that if I set up an Offshore account and then sent money back to the missus, I would also get charged for that transfer as well unless it was to a UK Lloyds Account.

He recommended that I investigate if the local bank in KSA can transfer direct as it may work out cheaper. Since I don't know as yet who my employer banks with (thinking it will be less hassle to stick with the same KSA bank) I will have to wait until i'm knee deep in sand until I can sort it out.

Also from reading around this site I would like to add that the advise from Meow and Norm would appear to be unbiased and well informed, which says alot for a bunch of bankers!!!!