Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Offer job in Dubai - Salary ok to cover expenses ?

Offer job in Dubai - Salary ok to cover expenses ?

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 7:34 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Offer job in Dubai - Salary ok to cover expenses ?

Originally Posted by Eeyore
Sadly, Capital Radio wasn't as intelligent or interesting as Radio 4. It's even less so now.

Well that says alot about meeting me outside Capital Radio then!!

and I'm blonde..
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:21 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zannie
Well that says alot about meeting me outside Capital Radio then!!

and I'm blonde..
you tell him Zan! Happy Mothers Day babes
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:30 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alankeoy
http://www.dubizzle.com/main/DubaiPr...__Let_kd=92804

i am looking at this map

al barsha is in 11.

my quetions
1. is 11 close to 15 and 16 ?
2 if i stay 15 or 16 would it mean cheaper rental ?
3. wht is it like in 15 or 16 ? like sheffield ?

thanks
I stay in Al Barsha and, depending which and where the university is (You dont say) may well determine the best place to stay. If you are looking at the map, 15, 16 & 17 may look relatively close. However, you may find yourself contending with Al Khail Road and perhaps even Emirates Rd, before you have even got close to SZD....

If I were having to commute to Al Barsha every day, I would be looking at Jumeirah, The Marina etc which are either closer or easier commute, as you would be heading in the opposite direction of the main commute on SZD. towards the city, it becomes a nightmare.

Your best bet is going to be determining the closest areas where your commute takes you Dubai bound on SZD. Personally I would probably end up topping myself if I had to handle SZD AND Emirates Rd on the same commute....lol
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:46 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I am assuming that it is the American University of Dubai? Al Barsha is 10 minutes away from there, I am on the TECOM land adjacent to the Greens.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

ssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by alankeoy
Hi,

I have been offered a job at University in Dubai (not sure if in Dubai).

the address is , Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Barsha, Dubai, UAE.

I have been offered salary of 28,000 AED pm excluding everthing. i am single.

my questions are
Originally Posted by IndieGirl
No he isn't single- the original poster is married and his wife will be living in the UK!
Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
ok my mistake, mixed up with another thread..
You're not the only one who's confused...The OP was single is now married.....or is it me
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:58 am
Expert

The Man is an unknown quantity at this point

You should look for an apartment in the Greens community.It is a truly fabulous place.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Man
You should look for an apartment in the Greens community.It is a truly fabulous place.
how much is your rent?
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
No he isn't single- the original poster is married and his wife will be living in the UK!
that's bachelorhood in Sharjahspeak.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 12:08 pm
W10

Originally Posted by ssuh
You're not the only one who's confused...The OP was single is now married.....or is it me
What he means is that he's technically married, but as his wife is 3,600 miles away, he's single :-)

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
What he means is that he's technically married, but as his wife is 3,600 miles away, he's single :-)
thats the way i understood it......
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:36 am
Just Joined

bewildered is an unknown quantity at this point

I have also been offered a job in Dubai and thought the salary package was ok but am now beginning to wonder.

Approx 14,000 AED per month plus accommodation, 500AED per month towards utilities and annual flights. I don't care about saving huge sums but would ideally like to come back to UK having added something to my savings. Is this going to prove difficult?

Many thanks
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

ssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bewildered
I have also been offered a job in Dubai and thought the salary package was ok but am now beginning to wonder.

Approx 14,000 AED per month plus accommodation, 500AED per month towards utilities and annual flights. I don't care about saving huge sums but would ideally like to come back to UK having added something to my savings. Is this going to prove difficult?

Many thanks
As has been said here often.. is it physical accommodation you are being offered or an 'allowance' for accommodation? If the former, you will need to consider its proximity to where you'll be working/suitability for you as an individual.

If it's the latter then you need to know what the figure is before meaningful assessment can be made. The rental figures quoted earlier seem pretty accurate and to be fair that will be your single biggest outlay by far.

As for 6,000 AED for flights and utilities...mmm bit tight. A couple of return flights will cost you the majority of that sum - but you can get cheaper than Emirates,Virgin, BA if you look around so may not be as bad.

Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:13 am
Just Joined

bewildered is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry I was not very clear - the 500 per month is for utilities and I will get flights on top. The accommodation is a one bed apartment (not far from Ski Dubai apparently) about 10 mins drive from the job. I will also get medical cover with a private clinic.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

500/month is loads for utilities in a one bedroom flat. I have a two bed and it comes out at about 200Dhs a month, for two people and two cats.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Matthew-C has a brilliant futureMatthew-C has a brilliant futureMatthew-C has a brilliant futureMatthew-C has a brilliant futureMatthew-C has a brilliant futureMatthew-C has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by W10
His wife may be 3600 miles away.... but if she reads this post he truly will be single.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.