British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Now I've really had it!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/now-ive-really-had-281349/)

johnbuoy Feb 1st 2005 3:59 am

Re: Now I've really had it!!!!

Wish i could get stoned mid afternoon, i am on my 5th :beer: but the night is young and its the Gooners against Scum tonight so i will have my Dinner served to me in the living room, White wine and quiet while i watch the match. Then i will wake up and realise lifes not like that

Frans Wind Feb 1st 2005 4:00 am

Originally Posted by johnbuoy
Wish i could get stoned mid afternoon, i am on my 5th :beer: but the night is young and its the Gooners against Scum tonight so i will have my Dinner served to me in the living room, White wine and quiet while i watch the match. Then i will wake up and realise lifes not like that

Dinner served? Have to cook my own....

Fairydust Feb 1st 2005 4:02 am

Can't successfully predict outcome of this one!!!!!!!!!! :p

johnbuoy Feb 1st 2005 4:02 am

That's right Hen, you're a Woman and get it ready for your man whan he come in!!!

Fairydust Feb 1st 2005 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Frans Wind
Dinner served? Have to cook my own....

Me too tonight - don't think I'll bother just continue with the wine - best kind of diet I know :beer: :beer:

johnbuoy Feb 1st 2005 4:05 am

Too early to go onto Wine, i am happy at the moment and i am having a nice Fish Supper tonight so i have to stay sober

Frans Wind Feb 1st 2005 4:06 am

Oooo dear, I was afraid that was coming. Now how do I explain to a Lady what the Banana Bar is all about? I'll try it Saudi Style okay? Imagine a guy in the Saudi Dessert for 6 to 12 months. Looking at those Black Pinquins called females? Well... Then the Banana Bar is male paradise. Just made a few "wee" mistakes there.

I made a bet with one of those fantastic looking females on how far she could "shoot" a banana. If she won? € 500,= If she lost? A bottle of Champagne but without glasses if you get my drift?

Frans Wind Feb 1st 2005 4:11 am

I made a bet with one of those fantastic looking females on how far she could "shoot" a banana. If she won? € 500,= If she lost? A bottle of Champagne but without glasses if you get my drift?

And damn she was a bad looser.

Frans Wind Feb 1st 2005 4:13 am

Where did everyone go?

johnbuoy Feb 1st 2005 4:13 am

Brings a new meaning to the song

Day-o, day-ay-ay-o
Daylight come and he wan' go home
Day, he say day, he say day, he say day, he say day, he say day-ay-ay-o

Work all night on a drink a'rum
Stack banana till thee morning come

Come, Mr. Tally Mon, tally me banana

It's six foot, seven foot, eight foot, BUNCH!
Six foot, seven foot, eight foot, BUNCH!

Day, he say day-ay-ay-o
Day, he say day, he say day, he say day, he say day, he say day

A beautiful bunch a'ripe banana
Hide thee deadly black tarantula

It's six foot, seven foot, eight foot, BUNCH!
Six foot, seven foot, eight foot, BUNCH!

Day, he say day-ay-ay-o
Day, he say day, he say day, he say day, he say day, he say day

Day-o, day-ay-ay-o

Fairydust Feb 1st 2005 4:16 am

Where did everyone go?

Popping in and out :p

Covenant Feb 1st 2005 4:20 am

Brings a new meaning to the song

Day-o, day-ay-ay-o

Lol! Always brings Beetlejuice to my mind when I hear this song!:D

Frans Wind Feb 1st 2005 4:20 am

[QUOTE=johnbuoy]Brings a new meaning to the song

Either you've been to the Banana Bar, or... badly need to go there. You can see God's one and only mistake. He made the women far to beautifull. A real (female) butt and leg man myself.

Frans Wind Feb 1st 2005 4:32 am

Okay, the cannabis levels are starting to drop. Here's a good one I bumped into on the internet resently.

" A man is as old as he feels, a women as old as she looks..."

Not true!!! My ex? Hade to show me her passport before I beleaved her. And yes, my male ego has no problem admitting that you only miss the "good thing" once it's gone. And places like the Banana Club? Really aren't a substitute.

Norm_uk Feb 1st 2005 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Covenant
Unfortunately, I'm in the UK.

What I have found is that in many third world countries, most of the hired help take advantage of employers with Western sensibilities. It is often hard for people from abroad to understand the way that employers treat their staff, but trust me it is necessary.

You need to keep a reserve, and stipulate exactly what you require from your staff, don't give any quarter, and if they start taking advantage such as eating all the food, making phone calls etc, make sure that they are aware that you will deduct it from their wages.

My apologies if this seems harsh to anyone reading this, but you have to understand that this is wht is expected, and your employees will not respect you otherwise.

My sister, raised in the UK, went to live in India when her husband got a job there, and for a year she suffered at the hands of numerous staff who took advantage of her generous and gentle nature, she soon got clued up.

It depends a lot of nationality, and how straight you are with them at the beginning...in my experience Indians are not the most honest or hardworking housemaids...of course there are exceptions to every generalization.