Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Now its JD's turn.....

Now its JD's turn.....

Old Nov 24th 2004, 1:59 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now its JD's turn.....

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
When its our time its our time.

I could get knocked down by a bus or choke on a peanut...not gonna worry about things too much.

Actually i take these contract because i love the excitement...adrenalin junkie !. I love to travel.....the money..well thats just a bonus really
I know what u mean Jammy. But did u heard abt the japanese student who get killed in Iraq. He did backpacking around the world. For some reason he want to pass Iraq for the excitement. And now he is dead!!! Story might be different of he decided not to go to iraq!!!
Old Nov 24th 2004, 2:08 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
When I first arrived in Bournemouth in 1991, I fell in love instantly. It was the most dreadful day in February. Foggy and cold but it still made a lasting impression. I was so amazed to see Palm Tree's, so the place had to be good.

Little did I know that it would become my home for nearly a lifetime, would my heart not have suddenly desired a different place to bring up my kids. Schools and doctors are appauling but during my less responsible years, I could have not imagined to live anywhere else. So understand your sentiments. No hard feelings, right? Everyone in Bournemouth seems to know about Dubai and we might suddenly end up having a little crazy community in Dubai itself. I shall call my friend shortly, who is preparing her move to Dubai too and catch up with her what the latest gossips are. Miss the place too, kind of.
IMHO it is the nicest part of England.
the best weather in the UK, Blue flag beaches, the New Forest,etc etc etc.
but like you,..i need a change
Old Nov 24th 2004, 2:16 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

IMHO it is the nicest part of England.
the best weather in the UK, Blue flag beaches, the New Forest,etc etc etc.
but like you,..i need a change
Jammy... have asked my hubby... he don't know what/where/who is IMHO???
Old Nov 24th 2004, 2:18 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77
Jammy... have asked my hubby... he don't know what/where/who is IMHO???
No Problem Nov,

In My Humble Opinion
Old Nov 24th 2004, 2:21 pm
semarang

No Problem Nov,

In My Humble Opinion
lolol... i c... now hubby asked do poeple here made those acronym up??? Or there is a guidbook somewhere???
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:30 pm
Up in the air

lolol... i c... now hubby asked do poeple here made those acronym up??? Or there is a guidbook somewhere???
www.acronymfinder.com

Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:32 pm
semarang

Thank you...
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:46 pm
Up in the air

Thank you...
No problem, anything to help !!
Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:27 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kristy
Enough of these 'Hooray I'm coming Dubai' threads, I'm going to start a 'Hooray I'm leaving Dubai' thread soon!

Ahh, back to a land that has heard of fashion, customer service, quiet local pubs, common sense and courtesy. A land where I can get something other than complete cheese on the radio and where my films and magazines are not censored. A land where people not only understand what I say, they understand my sense of humour and where I do not get followed/harassed in the shopping mall.

In case you hadn't noticed, I'm on Dubai-enthusiasm overload at the moment!!!

will have to start one up one of those myself once everything is 110% confirmed. Ur second paragraph describes the sort of things I am looking for and have already had a taste of in the oh so cliche 'West'. lol
Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:37 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

No problem, anything to help !!
hows that plan to fly on friday working out?
Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:44 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by Face81
hows that plan to fly on friday working out?
It is a done deal my friend.!
Old Nov 24th 2004, 5:04 pm
The Oracle

It is a done deal my friend.!
well done! good to hear it..... u might be able to participate in that surprise i am planning then!

so which one of these will u be on?

hehe
Old Nov 25th 2004, 1:53 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

I will be Regional manager for a company called EMC (big in the IT circles).
I will be working for them but alot of their clients are banks.
I will be going to Jeddah for a week in dec for a saudi bank, just to provide consultancy.
ope u've applied for your saudi visa - 3 weeks wait at the mo - new regs out there!! as if anyone would want to enter the country illegally.

Jeddah is interesting at the mo - lots of guns and roadblocks.
Old Nov 25th 2004, 1:56 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Papillon
Prepare for a shock my friend, its carnage in Jeddah, I had eight months there a couple of years ago and came home shellshocked.
The city centre isn't too bad, heavy traffic slow down the Kamikaze element but beware of Low flying Saudi's on the circular highways, they are shockingly aggresive, and will happily try to force you off the road if you can't get out of their way quickly enough.
One of the tricks at the mo is marking cars with sticky tape that americans and europeans use frequently - the political and religious kidnappers use these marks to select their victims.

One compound was recently shot up by armed terrosrists - nowt on the enws though!!
Old Nov 25th 2004, 2:01 am
Up in the air

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
One of the tricks at the mo is marking cars with sticky tape that americans and europeans use frequently - the political and religious kidnappers use these marks to select their victims.

One compound was recently shot up by armed terrosrists - nowt on the enws though!!
Wow....im in Jeddah for a week starting the 3rd of December.. this post has given me a warm and comforting glow......err not !!

no probs.....Jeddah is not too bad as long as common sense prevails.....alternate car and alternate routes to work, and varying your working hours has worked for me.... saved my arse on two occasions !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.