Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

no response from agencies

no response from agencies

Old Feb 22nd 2005, 4:47 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: no response from agencies

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
Do go on
wots in it for me?

ok fine....... i will give u the b4 and then we will c if u can guess wot the after will be like.........
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Blach is a jewel in the roughBlach is a jewel in the roughBlach is a jewel in the roughBlach is a jewel in the roughBlach is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone,

I've had more or less the same thing. Every agency I've sent to emails to hasn't come back and the only responses I've had are from individual firms that I've emailed and then again its been a case of being put onto a database.

One girl I spoke to just went for it and moved out there and had a job in three weeks and like Shiva said, recieving two hundred CV's a day your obviosuly going to start with the ones in the country.

Think I'm going to bite the bullet and just move out in July and see how things turn out. Does anyone know what the job markets like in July/August?

Its too cold here and it won't stop snowing! Face loves it - I hate it
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 9:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blach
Its too cold here and it won't stop snowing! Face loves it - I hate it
snow...you ain't got nothing mate
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Blach is a jewel in the roughBlach is a jewel in the roughBlach is a jewel in the roughBlach is a jewel in the roughBlach is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bob
snow...you ain't got nothing mate
I've got a mate that lives in Maryland and she says its very white out there at the moment.

Actually, everytime I speak to her she's either having snow,hurricanes, gale force winds or floods!!! Why she lives there I don't know - I don't get the appeal!!!

So Bob, you out building snowmen or sledging?
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 10:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

So Bob, you out building snowmen or sledging?
me, I'm hiding from the stuff *lol* and to think we're supposed to get more tonight....havin' snow as rare as it is in blighty made it really fun, but over here, it's a major chore *l*
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 11:38 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bob
me, I'm hiding from the stuff *lol* and to think we're supposed to get more tonight....havin' snow as rare as it is in blighty made it really fun, but over here, it's a major chore *l*
good photo ops 4 u though, aint it?
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
Just been talking to Face and he can't get enough of the stuff least were not buried in it like you are!
Old Feb 24th 2005, 12:03 am
The Oracle

Just been talking to Face and he can't get enough of the stuff least were not buried in it like you are!

did i mention that i love going for walks in the snow showers?
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Face81
did i mention that i love going for walks in the snow showers?
Obviously it can't snow in England all year round and the chances of snow in Dubai are next to nil, you might want to think about getting yourself one of these Face!!!

Snow Machines
Old Feb 24th 2005, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

Obviously it can't snow in England all year round and the chances of snow in Dubai are next to nil, you might want to think about getting yourself one of these Face!!!

Snow Machines

There is a ski slope being built here! Looks pretty big as you can see the frame of the roof (I think) and it is big.

Also getting back to the thread subject.

I only had two replies from agencies over four years, both weren't really in my field or what I was looking for. The new job I have was through people I know. A big thing out here is definately who you know no what you know,
Old Feb 24th 2005, 1:24 pm
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of

But on the other hand? Keep up the good work. I mean not responding to emails, faxes and letters. I guess the fact that the UAE is a (local) employers paradise could also turn out to be it's major weak spot and whipe it of the international commercial markets. (Which is happening)

Just came back from a major "Brainstorming session" between business managers and Government representatives. Never thought I'd see the UAE embassy personel walk out of a room in shame.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Snow Machines
As Benson mentionned, there will be lots of snow soon and real snow but indoors! One massive ski resort is under construction by Interchange 4 within the Emirates Mall and another one will be in Dubailand. They will import the snow and regenerate it. One of the pistes will be 20km long. Probably Face will have the links to it.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 2:42 pm
The Oracle

okay folks......... there will be 2 ski domes in Dubai pretty soon, not just 1......

we all know about the one at the Mall of the Emirates that currently looks something like this:

but will soon look like this:

the ski slope can be seen on the right hand side of the mall.

the other is The Dubai Sunny Mountain Ski Resort at Dubai Land:

<On launch in 2006, it will have a capacity to handle over 500,000 visitors a year, according to a statement issued by the company.

The project will spread over 1.4 million square feet within Dubailand's Attractions and Experiences World, it added.

"32Group is bringing the Arctic winter experience and winter sports to Dubailand in a unique project that is estimated to cost more than AED1 billion," according to the statement.

"32Group envisages the construction of the project will start early next year. Preparations are well on the way to beat the estimated time schedule.">

tada! snow in Dubai.......... as for snow in the U.A.E........ we all remember this, dont we:

" Nation | Environment
Published: 8/1/2005, 00:00 (UAE)

Surprise snowfall caps days of rain and cold

By Nasouh Nazzal, Daniel Bardsley, Taryam Al Subaihi and Tahseen Shagouri, Staff Reporters
Ras Al Khaimah/Dubai: Heavy snow fell for the first time in the UAE, leaving mountains covered in a blanket of white.

The snow fell on the mountainous areas of Ras Al Khaimah as the UAE experienced its fourth wet and cold day.

* UAE snowfall in pictures

Temperatures dipped below zero during the night in the Ra'alat Al Jees areas of Ras Al Khaimah as snow blanketed an area more than 1km long.

Forecasters said it was the first time they had heard of snow falling anywhere in the country.

"I've never seen snow in the UAE at all. I am a UAE national and I am nearly 40 years old and I've never heard of it. We have seen big, big hailstones, that's all," said Sulaiman Mohammad, a Dubai-based forecaster.

The Al Jees mountain cluster, which stands 5,700 feet above sea level, was capped with snow. The mountains had heavy night-time snowfall for the past two days as a result of temperatures dropping to as low as minus 5C.

Shaikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah, visited the snow capped mountains yesterday. He was accompanied by Shaikh Mohammad Bin Saud Al Qasimi and other officials. The group of officials brought some snow back from the mountain to show to people who were said to have been amused by news that snow had fallen.

Colonel Humaid Al Sha'ali, Head of Ras Al Khaimah Air Wing, said the snow had started melting on the top of the mountains, which are about 25km from Ras Al Khaimah City, but much of it was still there.

The Meteorological Department at Ras Al Khaimah International Airport said the past three days ad seen heavy rain and winds of up to 32 knots. The municipality sent water pump vehicles to clear rainwater from the streets.

The snow, rain and low temperatures have been caused by an area of low pressure that reached the UAE this week after passing over Kuwait. Heavy rain lasted until late Tuesday night in Dubai.

"We are now forecasting dry weather. The influences that caused the rain have passed, but there is still a cool, unstable atmosphere," said Philip Targett, a forecaster at the Meteorological Office.

In Dubai, the weather brightened yesterday after three days of rain.

Two people died and nine were injured after more than 400 accidents were reported in Dubai because of the rain. A 15-year-old UAE national from Dibba Al Fujairah was also killed near Khor Fakkan in an accident blamed on the wet road.

Rain continued to fall heavily on the East Coast yesterday, helping farmers in need of irrigation water, improving underground water stores and reducing the salinity of the soil."

The Oracle has spoken.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Nice one Oracle! Just the current photo is well out dated, they are starting to put on the first lick of paint and the ski dome already has a roof. Looks like we will be hiting the slopes in September. I must bring my ski gear back from Switzerland which I haven't used in over 10 years. I love skiing!
Old Feb 24th 2005, 6:37 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
Nice one Oracle! Just the current photo is well out dated, they are starting to put on the first lick of paint and the ski dome already has a roof. Looks like we will be hiting the slopes in September. I must bring my ski gear back from Switzerland which I haven't used in over 10 years. I love skiing!
thanks Aunty S.

I went to Morgins back in 96'for a 2-week skiing holiday. It was a fantastic experience and we drove to Lake Geneva and that Chateau on the lake and weeven went to Montreaux.

I love skiing aswell!

i cant wait to try it out at the Dubai Land ski dome......... that one is rumoured to literally be an artificial mountain under a dome, complete with penguins, pine trees and falling snow!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.