Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

No need to be nice here

No need to be nice here

Old Nov 14th 2004, 4:45 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No need to be nice here

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
sorry but i thought the maid did ur cooking?

Mmmmm, Spag bol from scratch ... Nowt nicer in fact I do most things I cook from scratch! Its great to prepare an evening meal made your own fair hands
Old Nov 14th 2004, 4:49 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Busy busy busy - Mrs Speak ensures that I keep them busy - or is it vise versa - spent yeaterday at Hatta pools - lovely - the drive over the mountains on the way out was quite spectacular... gotta post the pics later!!

good 2 c u back... done with studying and picnics
done with studies 4 today..... more tomorrow as an exam is imminent..... was supposed to be this past wed, but who knows when it will be now....... just want to be ready incase its sometime this weeek, which I suspect it will.... bring it on! lol

oh the picnic was good..... way too many small birds here(this is mainly for Joe: I mean the flying sort.....with feathers.... no taking the mick this time u! lol) spreading stuff bout me..... wonder where u heard that? lol

mountains were good, beach was better..... weather was/is just gorgeous!
Old Nov 14th 2004, 4:50 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Mmmmm, Spag bol from scratch ... Nowt nicer in fact I do most things I cook from scratch! Its great to prepare an evening meal made your own fair hands
LOL you understand my cooking abilities. Pre-children I used to try and cook from scratch and did ok with stuff like Lasagne, spag bol, soups, stews all basic stuff. No time once had the Jellybabies then we moved out of the UK so I never needed to unless I had to. Now I like to do it occasionally, which makes it more enjoyable. An amazing thing happened the other day though, first time in ages I made spag bol for kids and friends, I know my kids like it but the other two kids said it was better than their mums!!!! I was so chuffed, you have to understand this doesn't happen very often....ahhh little things
Old Nov 14th 2004, 4:52 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

evening mrs mickey..... its been ages......

or u cud do what i do..... have yer mum cook 4 u! lol

will have to learn to start cooking soon.... can only cook eggs and toast...... and if i am very brave, microwave dinners arent too complex oh and anything in a can that is pre cooked is good too!

i am going to b in so much trouble when i have to cook for myself..... :scared:
Old Nov 14th 2004, 4:58 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jellybean
LOL you understand my cooking abilities. Pre-children I used to try and cook from scratch and did ok with stuff like Lasagne, spag bol, soups, stews all basic stuff. No time once had the Jellybabies then we moved out of the UK so I never needed to unless I had to. Now I like to do it occasionally, which makes it more enjoyable. An amazing thing happened the other day though, first time in ages I made spag bol for kids and friends, I know my kids like it but the other two kids said it was better than their mums!!!! I was so chuffed, you have to understand this doesn't happen very often....ahhh little things
OMG... u gave the maid the day off!!!!
Old Nov 14th 2004, 4:59 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
evening mrs mickey..... its been ages......

or u cud do what i do..... have yer mum cook 4 u! lol

will have to learn to start cooking soon.... can only cook eggs and toast...... and if i am very brave, microwave dinners arent too complex oh and anything in a can that is pre cooked is good too!

i am going to b in so much trouble when i have to cook for myself..... :scared:
I love my mum's cooking ... Sadly she is 4000 miles away but coming out for 2 1/2 weeks at Christmas so she will be doing her fair share of cooking.
Now is the time to learn ... Cook for your folks, and suprise them.
Old Nov 14th 2004, 5:00 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

I love my mum's cooking ... Sadly she is 4000 miles away but coming out for 2 1/2 weeks at Christmas so she will be doing her fair share of cooking.
dinner party at ur place then!
Old Nov 14th 2004, 5:01 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

OMG... u gave the maid the day off!!!!
Nah, she never wants to leave the house bless. When she has a day off she leaves at 1pm and is back by 5pm. I offer to take her, drop her off at a friends but she doesn't like staying out long and refuses my offer. She doesn't do a lot of cooking actually, although she does a mean brekkie. We eat out a lot and I normally organise the kids meals because she is new.
Old Nov 14th 2004, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Ever since I had my two kids I have always done cooking from scratch and followed through since living here...

Well done on the compliment
Old Nov 14th 2004, 5:09 pm
The Oracle

what do u suggest? a cheese omlette? or perhaps eggs benedict or some fried eggs (with baked beans as they come in a tin) or perhaps good old scrambled eggs? hahahahahaha
Old Nov 14th 2004, 5:10 pm
The Oracle

was thinking of an open egg buffet.... wot do u reckon? lol....... can u bring the toast? i might burn that! :scared: lol
Old Nov 14th 2004, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by Face81
what do u suggest? a cheese omlette? or perhaps eggs benedict or some fried eggs (with baked beans as they come in a tin) or perhaps good old scrambled eggs? hahahahahaha
A good old fashioned pot roast with vegs in the pot .... Let me know what you may want to cook and I shall give you written instructions ... Im not saying your daft ... Cos your not, far from it!
Old Nov 14th 2004, 5:16 pm

Sounds like a great idea! And I wont even consider getting the caterers in! I prefer to be the hostess!
Old Nov 14th 2004, 5:22 pm
The Oracle

A good old fashioned pot roast with vegs in the pot .... Let me know what you may want to cook and I shall give you written instructions ... Im not saying your daft ... Cos your not, far from it!
lol.... now atleast i know for sure that i aint daft. hahahahaha

well the mother has already begun writing down "easy" recipes for me to follow and I hope that i have the time and patience to actually try some of them out.... i do know how to make milkshakes and instant food..... recently surprised everyone with one of those 15 minute, non bake cakes...... u must have seen them... went for a chocolatina i think..... the instructions were literally: "just add water"

okay.... i admit that it took half an hour to get it done.... but it was pretty good..... put some smarties on it aswell! lol

other cooking atemps have been huge mistakes...... i have even set the toaster on fire once..... 4got that the toast was still in and the toast itself burst into flames!

and during the summer i was trying to make myself some milkshake..... lets just say that kenwood mixers were not designed to blend a tray of ice cubes, half a tub of chocolate icecream, half a chocolate bar and a dash of milk! Wham, boom, explode!!!!!!!!!!!

then there was a birrov smoke from the mixer and into the bin it went! lol... wont be making any more milkshakes! hahaha
Old Nov 14th 2004, 5:26 pm
The Oracle

Sounds like a great idea! And I wont even consider getting the caterers in! I prefer to be the hostess!
phew...... for a minute i thought he was refering to me! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.