Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Nights out in Dubai!

Nights out in Dubai!

Old Oct 15th 2008, 12:36 pm

Guest 3456 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nights out in Dubai!

Guys and girls -

Tell me....what do you do in dubai on Friday's and Saturday's (i'm assuming Saturday's are like Sunday's in the UK and people just veg out after there 'Saturday Roast'....)

Night life? Bars? Clubs? umm...hotels?? Where do all the lovely girls go out? Where can i listen and dance to RnB, dance and clubby stuff you tend to hear in the the clubs in UK??

Also what does an average night out cost in Dubai?? I understand the ladies get free drinks on certain nights (not that i would benefit from that unless i went x-dressed!!) but on a Friday night out in Dubai what would the cost be and best places to hit for the kind of places i am looking out for??
Old Oct 15th 2008, 12:42 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nights out in Dubai!

it's more Thursday and Fridaynights...as on Sunday people have to go to work and school so Saturdaynights are a bit more quiet...
There are loads of places to go to, depending on what you are into really...
Most hotels have a few bars, there are sports bars, the more 'trendy' bars...there are places like Irish Village with loads of outside stuff going on, the Madinat has bars and JamBase, where you can eat, drink and dance...although I have heard that their normal band has left and the new one is crappish..
There is Chi/The Lodge, which has different areas with different types of music and a big outside area with a dancefloor as well...
Have a look on the Time Out Dubai website, there is a listing of all the places with a short description...
As for costs...it does depend on where you go as well...glass of wine or a cocktail like a mojito will be around 45 dhs...beer a bit less
Some places you need to pay to get in but a lot of places have free entry...
Ladies nights are mostely on Tuesdays...
Old Oct 15th 2008, 12:44 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
it's more Thursday and Fridaynights...as on Sunday people have to go to work and school so Saturdaynights are a bit more quiet...
There are loads of places to go to, depending on what you are into really...
Most hotels have a few bars, there are sports bars, the more 'trendy' bars...there are places like Irish Village with loads of outside stuff going on, the Madinat has bars and JamBase, where you can eat, drink and dance...although I have heard that their normal band has left and the new one is crappish..
There is Chi/The Lodge, which has different areas with different types of music and a big outside area with a dancefloor as well...
Have a look on the Time Out Dubai website, there is a listing of all the places with a short description...
As for costs...it does depend on where you go as well...glass of wine or a cocktail like a mojito will be around 45 dhs...beer a bit less
And not forgetting the Dubai BE Quiz Night every Monday night
Old Oct 15th 2008, 12:46 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
And not forgetting the Dubai BE Quiz Night every Monday night
oh god, I must have been braindead for a few seconds there...
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:03 pm

ok, whats BE mean?? sorry not quite up to date with the terminology and acronyms!!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SpunkyMonkey
ok, whats BE mean?? sorry not quite up to date with the terminology and acronyms!!
Look at the very top of the page...
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:11 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

BRITISH EXPATS
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Mark Pep is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it really £7.00 for a glass of wine?
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:24 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Mark Pep
Is it really £7.00 for a glass of wine?
it depends on where you go...but somewhere like Apres or Buddah Bar that's what you pay...
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:25 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I paid 10dhs today for a small bottle of water at The Lakes club! disgusting 50 fils in the shop!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart
Look at the very top of the page...
DOH!!!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:40 pm

ok so where are these QNs held??
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:41 pm
hmmmm...nice

ok so where are these QNs held??
every Monday night, Aussie Legends bar, Rydges hotel, Satwa roundabout...8.00 pm...
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:50 pm
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

Guys and girls -

Tell me....what do you do in dubai on Friday's and Saturday's (i'm assuming Saturday's are like Sunday's in the UK and people just veg out after there 'Saturday Roast'....)

Night life? Bars? Clubs? umm...hotels?? Where do all the lovely girls go out? Where can i listen and dance to RnB, dance and clubby stuff you tend to hear in the the clubs in UK??

Also what does an average night out cost in Dubai?? I understand the ladies get free drinks on certain nights (not that i would benefit from that unless i went x-dressed!!) but on a Friday night out in Dubai what would the cost be and best places to hit for the kind of places i am looking out for??
Apartment, 360, Peppermint, Lotus, Chi, Loft, kasbar... dunno have been outta town..so not totally in touch with the scene... check out timeoutdubai.com

Sigh, I miss trilogy!

Last edited by zamboooka; Oct 15th 2008 at 1:52 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:52 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by zamboooka
Apartment, 360, Peppermint, Lotus, Chi, Loft... dunno have been outta town..so not totally in touch with the scene... check out timeoutdubai.com

Sigh, I miss trilogy!
oh 400 Club...Alpha, although I have not been there...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.