Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Next UK travel review date

Next UK travel review date

Old Jul 13th 2021, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next UK travel review date

Emirates have now updated their travel advice showing that UAE vaccine certs are accepted in Malta. (not Sinopharm)

Malta accepts the following vaccination certificates: United Arab Emirates issued vaccination certificate for one of the EMA approved vaccines (Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson), Malta vaccination certificate, UK‑issued NHS COVID passes and the EU Digital COVID certificate are all recognised in Malta. Please note that Switzerland has joined the EU digital COVID certificate framework and therefore this is also recognised in Malta.
Old Jul 14th 2021, 6:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by UKMS
Emirates have now updated their travel advice showing that UAE vaccine certs are accepted in Malta. (not Sinopharm)

Malta accepts the following vaccination certificates: United Arab Emirates issued vaccination certificate for one of the EMA approved vaccines (Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson), Malta vaccination certificate, UK‑issued NHS COVID passes and the EU Digital COVID certificate are all recognised in Malta. Please note that Switzerland has joined the EU digital COVID certificate framework and therefore this is also recognised in Malta.
The AZ most people will have had in the UAE is not EMA approved.
Old Jul 14th 2021, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

What’s concerning me is that the Malta Government advice still doesn’t show they accept UAE certs. That said I am assuming EK won’t be flying plane loads there only to be turned away

I’ve got a plan B booked to Georgia if Malta fails.

You never know UAE could go amber tomorrow in the next UK review but I think that’s unlikely !
Old Jul 14th 2021, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scamp
The AZ most people will have had in the UAE is not EMA approved.
Malta is now accepting all AZ vaccines (according to Sky in UK)
Old Jul 14th 2021, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Children aged 12-17 must be vaccinated for entry to Malta.
Old Jul 14th 2021, 8:25 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

What’s concerning me is that the Malta Government advice still doesn’t show they accept UAE certs. That said I am assuming EK won’t be flying plane loads there only to be turned away

I’ve got a plan B booked to Georgia if Malta fails.

You never know UAE could go amber tomorrow in the next UK review but I think that’s unlikely !
The birthplace of wine and Stalin. You'll have a good time there.
Old Jul 14th 2021, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
The birthplace of wine and Stalin. You'll have a good time there.
looks like it will be Malta ….. they’re accepting DHA certificates and Malta is still green in latest UK review.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 6:06 am
Just Joined

Kinko is an unknown quantity at this point

I would worry at the arrival; hope all who took the flight will be allowed in.
I had my flight booked for this morning; I cancelled it as I was told by the Maltian side, few days ago, that I won't be allowed in.
I had the Indian version of the Oxford vaccine; DHA form does not indicate the origin of the vaccine but they might know this through the QR code.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kinko
I would worry at the arrival; hope all who took the flight will be allowed in.
I had my flight booked for this morning; I cancelled it as I was told by the Maltian side, few days ago, that I won't be allowed in.
I had the Indian version of the Oxford vaccine; DHA form does not indicate the origin of the vaccine but they might know this through the QR code.
i can understand the concern as your flight was today but seems you would have been OK they are accepting all version of AZ.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 6:59 am
Just Joined

Kinko is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. I would have taken the risk if I were on my own; with the kids and heavy luggage, I went for the safest option
Old Aug 3rd 2021, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

magnification is an unknown quantity at this point

I assume Pfizer jabs given in Saudi are not valid according to UK govt latest update whereby only jabs given in/by USA & EU are advantageous when going from Mid East to UK/Europe?
Or am I misinterpreting?
Old Aug 3rd 2021, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by magnification
I assume Pfizer jabs given in Saudi are not valid according to UK govt latest update whereby only jabs given in/by USA & EU are advantageous when going from Mid East to UK/Europe?
Or am I misinterpreting?
isn’t it where you are travelling from rather than where you received the jab ?
Old Aug 3rd 2021, 8:04 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnification
Or am I misinterpreting?
As things stand that's correct, but I did read a few articles saying that Saudi might go on the green list soon, in which case it doesn't matter anyway.
Here's hoping.
Old Aug 4th 2021, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

UAE, India, Bahrain and Qatar are all now now Amber for UK from Sunday.

Anyone who used Georgia as a transition to the UK it’s going red from Sunday

Last edited by UKMS; Aug 4th 2021 at 9:03 pm.
Old Aug 5th 2021, 10:16 am

UAE, India, Bahrain and Qatar are all now now Amber for UK from Sunday.

Anyone who used Georgia as a transition to the UK it’s going red from Sunday
Great news about Bahrain. No need for a dry fly on Saudia, and new post Brexit Duty Free allowance to make use of.

I'm hoping Saudi goes green next time.