Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Newbie (terrified)

Newbie (terrified)

Old May 5th 2009, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Julia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really nice
Red face Newbie (terrified)

Hi, I am moving to Dubai in the summer with my husband, 9 year old twins, dog and cat. We are going to be living in a villa at the Park Hyatt complex in Deira. I would be incredibly grateful if anyone could give me some advise on various things?

1. I have my children down for The Star International School in Jumeirah (miles away i Know) - I cant seem to find much information on the web about it - does anyone have some feed back?
I also have the children down for Repton and Kings - again would love to hear any opinions?
2. Bringing the dog and cat - any advise would be massively appreciated!

Finally - is there anything else burning that I should know?

Thanks so much - I am sure you are asked these same questions over and over but would love to hear from those in the know !
Old May 5th 2009, 9:55 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie (terrified)

Dogs and cats in the same house. It that not haram?
Old May 5th 2009, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice

Living in Deira and schools other side of creek - hugh headache!!!

Did you look at DESS your side of town? Not glam like the other new schools but good school by all accounts.

I really don't know where the Park Hyatt complex in Deira is but maybe someone will have another suggestions.

Good luck
Old May 5th 2009, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Julia12
Hi, I am moving to Dubai in the summer with my husband, 9 year old twins, dog and cat. We are going to be living in a villa at the Park Hyatt complex in Deira. I would be incredibly grateful if anyone could give me some advise on various things?

1. I have my children down for The Star International School in Jumeirah (miles away i Know) - I cant seem to find much information on the web about it - does anyone have some feed back?
I also have the children down for Repton and Kings - again would love to hear any opinions?

Thanks so much - I am sure you are asked these same questions over and over but would love to hear from those in the know !
1. Dont know, sorry
2. I dont have kids BUT my friends have & the rave about Repton
3. I brought my dog over from London & was worried about the weather in the summer but i simply kept the AC on (for them & us) all day virtually & only let them out for a short walk etc etc..... cats I have no idea about THE ABC VETS IS AL BARSHA IS VERY GOOD
Old May 5th 2009, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Poitin

Did you look at DESS your side of town? Not glam like the other new schools but good school by all accounts.

I really don't know where the Park Hyatt complex in Deira is but maybe someone will have another suggestions.

Good luck
Im guessing near the hyatt hotel ' just putting 2 and 2 together ' i would consider ( just my opinion ) moving to the other side of the creek like meadows, springs, lakes or umm sequiem or bigger budget emirates hills or palm jumeirah simply to be with other expats. I dont know many if any western expats in that part of town..... I would seriously think about that !!!!
Old May 5th 2009, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Julia12

don't worry it will be fine, and i'm sure you will love it here...the park hyatt complex is lovely...

star international has a really good rep so far, the facilities are meant to be fantastic, but it really is a long old hike from where you are...repton is expensive, and is living on its uk reputation, facilities are fab, but from people i know with kids there, it is no better or worse than other good schools here, it has its share of issues like them all, snob value is a big thing...kings has an excellent reputation but, again, a huge schlepp from deira...

do a search, there is loads of advice on shipping dogs and cats over...be aware there aren't many places to walk dogs (not allowed in parks/beaches) so if it's a big dog, you may have an issue...

MM, xx
Old May 5th 2009, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Julia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Poitin

Good luck
thanks for that advise - just spoken to DESS - and looked at website - will be visiting them in next couple of weeks - thank you so much!
Old May 5th 2009, 10:34 am