New Kid in Town

Old Aug 11th 2005, 5:21 am
Just Joined

MrNick has a brilliant futureMrNick has a brilliant futureMrNick has a brilliant futureMrNick has a brilliant futureMrNick has a brilliant futureMrNick has a brilliant future
Default New Kid in Town

...well not so much of a kid, in fact he's 29 and just moved to Dubai from London. Have been given accomodation for a month with my employer in a fairly plush apartment but have to go out into the big wide world (well...was thinking Jumeriah or nearby) at the end of August to find somewhere.

Ideally i was looking for some sort of villa / apartment share - but I dont seem to be able to find any details of a listing or whether these sorts of arrangements are available....probably want to share with a 2 or 3 other people somewhere nice. Does anyone have any ideas where i should be looking? ....or even better do they know anything around / anyone that is looking for a housetrained flatmate with a good taste in music and a moderate taste for a drink or two?

If not, then at least wish me luck....

Nick
Old Aug 11th 2005, 5:28 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Kid in Town

there's a few threads knocking around with recommendations on where to look, and some in the faqs....but anyway, welcome to the site
Old Aug 11th 2005, 5:32 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nick,

Welcome to Dubai and to the forum.

For the flat/villa sharing you can try the classified in:

Guld News Classifieds
or
Khaleej Times Classifieds

However, the best bet (a lot of the time) is the notice board in the Spinneys around the area you are looking to live in.
Sorry can't help more but I am the other end of town to where you are looking to live.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 6:13 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Mr Nick, good luck w the flat hunting
Old Aug 11th 2005, 11:16 am
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Mr Nick, happy home hunting
Old Aug 11th 2005, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

thorneyvilla has a brilliant futurethorneyvilla has a brilliant futurethorneyvilla has a brilliant futurethorneyvilla has a brilliant futurethorneyvilla has a brilliant futurethorneyvilla has a brilliant futurethorneyvilla has a brilliant future

BetterHomes were very useful for me mate.
A friend of mine is moving into the big new block at the end of Al Wasl (at the Al Dhyaffa end) which opens next month. Its fabulous inside. There may be some still available, Better Homes are dealing with it.

Give em a try.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 3:23 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrNick
...well not so much of a kid, in fact he's 29 and just moved to Dubai from London. Have been given accomodation for a month with my employer in a fairly plush apartment but have to go out into the big wide world (well...was thinking Jumeriah or nearby) at the end of August to find somewhere.

Ideally i was looking for some sort of villa / apartment share - but I dont seem to be able to find any details of a listing or whether these sorts of arrangements are available....probably want to share with a 2 or 3 other people somewhere nice. Does anyone have any ideas where i should be looking? ....or even better do they know anything around / anyone that is looking for a housetrained flatmate with a good taste in music and a moderate taste for a drink or two?

If not, then at least wish me luck....

Nick
Oooh two newbies in one day Welcome, sorry I can't be of help with the accommodation but good luck
Old Aug 16th 2005, 4:48 am
Just Joined

MrNick has a brilliant futureMrNick has a brilliant futureMrNick has a brilliant futureMrNick has a brilliant futureMrNick has a brilliant futureMrNick has a brilliant future

....Good expat people of Dubai, i thank you.

Have taken all of your advice and good wishes on board and decided to rent a large beautiful 2 bed flat on Sheikh Zayed Road with the possible intention of letting the 2nd bedroom to another confused soul who is new to the delights of dubai. So if anyone is simliarly lost (as i was) from the pages of adverts from Gulf News and the like then maybe let me know. (You have to have good taste in music though, like curry and not be scared of heights...i' m on the 24th floor.....)

Nick

So, next question.....
Old Aug 16th 2005, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

How much are you asking for the other room?
Old Aug 16th 2005, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Not really sure...would rather leave that discussion until i've worked out who to live with and the basis. Much more important for me to get along well with the person who i am sharing a flat with than to have the cash in my pocket.

Nick