Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

New to the Expat Scene!!.....

New to the Expat Scene!!.....

Old Nov 21st 2004, 7:10 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice
Default Re: New to the Expat Scene!!.....

Originally Posted by Face81
Hello Adam. Welcome to the forum.

Yeah sorting accomodation can be a pain, but notice boards at spinneys are ur best bet. Like Joe sed, look thru the FAQ section and u may find urslf some decent living space at an afordable price..... always a good option incase the shared thing doesnt come thru.

As for ur job, from wot I have heard, as I have no experience in job hunting in Dubai (yet!), it would b best to get urself out there..... visit companies, setup appointments and literally force urself into their offices. Obviously places such as the Internet and Media Cities shud be ur main focus.... Here are their respective websites:

www.dubaiinternetcity.com

www.dubaimediacity.com

Hope that sorts u out. Drop me a PM or e-mail if u have any more specific q's. Enjoy the forum!
have emailed the man the hawkpages directories as well.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 8:51 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelvynd
My flat is now available, i've moved out....although be warned, the landlord will throw out the roof of your car!
Kelvynd, have pm'ed you about your flat.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 9:07 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Kelvynd, have pm'ed you about your flat.
and now check ur email....
Old Nov 21st 2004, 9:11 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
and now check ur email....

Cheers Joe,
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 4:45 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
have emailed the man the hawkpages directories as well.
how much did u charge him? we really need to establish a basic fee. seriously!
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

ah bless a new expat we must go to the Lime Tree together soon, I promise the drinks will be on me!!
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 12:08 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
ah bless a new expat we must go to the Lime Tree together soon, I promise the drinks will be on me!!

HI DE back already
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jellybean
HI DE back already
Indeed!! Switzerland is brilliant no matter how many times you go to visit!!
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 12:36 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
Indeed!! Switzerland is brilliant no matter how many times you go to visit!!

Well welcome back