New to Al Ain

Old May 9th 2009, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

coops123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to Al Ain

Hello to all in Al Ain, will be moving to Al Ain next week. Look forward to the experience. Pleased to have found this site, it has been most helpful already.

Kind regards

Coops
Old May 9th 2009, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

minetoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to Al Ain

Welcome to Al Ain Coops. I hope you enjoy Al Ain as much as most of us do.

There is a wonderful thread on this board about Al Ain.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457411

Happy reading. Any questions, let us know. There is always someone with an answer.

Minetoo
Old May 9th 2009, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

Thank you minetoo
Old May 10th 2009, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Coops

Welcome to Al Ain and Minetoo has pointed you in the right directions. I have been in Al Ain for nearly two years now so come on in and see what you think for yourself. Teaching, University, Military of the hospital are the main recruiting areas. Look forward to your posts
Old May 10th 2009, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Default Quick Query

Hello amazing grace,

Thank you for your reply. May I be as bold to ask you an initial query? I have imported my car from Oman (currently it is at a friends in Abu Dhabi). Do you know if there is a car registration office/Police registration facility, in Al Ain? I have already been through customs, just need new plates!

If you’re not sure, no worries

Regards

Coops
Old May 10th 2009, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Yes there is but not sure how to direct you, can I ask who your employer is as they will be able to direct you. If you are living in the Hilton like we do I could direct you easily but to answer your question then Yes there is
Old May 10th 2009, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

Thank you,

Yes I will be in the Hilton; my colleagues at work will be able to give me directions. It would be nice to meet up and get a quick heads up on AL Ain, as I will be staying in the same house as you.

Regards

Coops
Old May 10th 2009, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keep posting as you need 5 posts before you can use the PM function
Do this and I will PM you details of our house. We will be back on te 22nd May.

AG
Old May 10th 2009, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

So this will be my fifth one then
Old May 14th 2009, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Eric40 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been reading these wonderful posts - sounds like there is a great expat community in Al Ain! I will be moving there with my family (wife and two daughters, one 10 and one newborn) in August and am looking for some contacts to help us get adjusted to life over there. We are currently in Los Angeles. I would like to find a group of expat "mums" so my wife will have a group of friends before we get there...any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Eric
Old May 14th 2009, 7:57 pm
Sunning it up in Llanelli

finleysj is an unknown quantity at this point

High Eric, hows things? I'll be moving out there with my wife and little one roughly the same time. Where will you be working and staying?

Cheers
Old May 15th 2009, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Eric40 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be moving with my family (wife and two daughters) to Al Ain - but I don't have the details yet! I have accepted the initial offer from the Abu Dhabi public schools (I am a teacher) and am now waiting to get more information about living quarters, school location, etc. Are you moving for work as well? Do you know where you will be?

Eric

Last edited by Eric40; May 15th 2009 at 4:16 am.
Old May 17th 2009, 5:27 am
Just Joined

Default Re: New in Al Ain

Dear all,

I am now in Al Ain and starting my in-country administration. I am currently in the process of looking for a house. To that end; does anybody have any telephone numbers of local housing agents I could use?

Regards

Coops
Old May 17th 2009, 6:16 am
Just Joined

oivay is an unknown quantity at this point

Coops,

When looking for a house you need to be coy about revealing your allowance. Every house you will be shown will be exactly your allowance. Our place we rented for 7ok, shown to people we met for 120k (their allowance) just weeks previously.

Oi
Old May 17th 2009, 6:38 am
Just Joined

Thankyou Oi,

I will keep that in mind. Do you have the details of who you used?

Regards

Coops

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.