new to abu dhabi

Old Sep 12th 2012, 7:12 am
Just Joined

iced gems is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new to abu dhabi

Hi guys just made the jump from good ole blighty to abu dhabi been here a month done the schools n villa n car but now i find out im 9 weeks pregnant so anyone know of a good hospital ???
Old Sep 12th 2012, 7:16 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new to abu dhabi

Morning Iced Gems, Welcome to BE.

There has been a few discussions about hospitals/Babies have you tried the search function?
Old Sep 12th 2012, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iced gems
Hi guys just made the jump from good ole blighty to abu dhabi been here a month done the schools n villa n car but now i find out im 9 weeks pregnant so anyone know of a good hospital ???
Congratulations! Corniche Hospital, next to Sheraton Hotel on er.. the Corniche. It's a proper baby factory as it just does all things pregnancy. It's a government hospital so don't expect marble, chilled lattes and leather sofas but do expect good quality care.

Best it of it all though is that hubs can sit in the Sheraton sipping Mojitos watching the sunset by the pool while you push to your hearts content.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

We had #2 at the Corniche...bloody hell 6 years ago...time flies

It was all good
Old Sep 12th 2012, 8:01 am
Just Joined

iced gems is an unknown quantity at this point

thankyou everyone for your replies, im in khalifa city a so not sure where the nearest is but the corniche sounds ok
Old Sep 12th 2012, 8:09 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Further endorsement for the Corniche one: previous boss had both there and no complaints.

As an aside, a colleague whose wife is pregnant is trying to find out the gender of their baby, but the Indian doctors and nursing staff are refusing to tell, on the basis that they're not allowed to in India.

PS: I hope you're married...
Old Sep 12th 2012, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Further endorsement for the Corniche one: previous boss had both there and no complaints.

As an aside, a colleague whose wife is pregnant is trying to find out the gender of their baby, but the Indian doctors and nursing staff are refusing to tell, on the basis that they're not allowed to in India.

PS: I hope you're married...
out of interest, what make and model is your colleague? I ask as most of the white expats I know have the exact opposite problem - they are always told.

Also, worth checking if hubs is allowed in the birthing room at the Corniche...he might not be.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

We had ours at Al Noor on Airport road (close to Khalifa A). Had no problems at all and the **** doctor was quite good according to my wife.

Most people we spoke to recommended the Corniche, but it was a hassle travelling back and forth from Al Reef.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:08 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
out of interest, what make and model is your colleague? I ask as most of the white expats I know have the exact opposite problem - they are always told.

Also, worth checking if hubs is allowed in the birthing room at the Corniche...he might not be.
Mr & Mrs Colleague both Pakistani. Actually they were surprised that there is the possibility to know--its not available in Pakistan.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iced gems
corniche, any probs with new baby then it gets rushed over to corniche anyways and with the traffic issues best to start in the corniche.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 8:58 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Mr & Mrs Colleague both Pakistani. Actually they were surprised that there is the possibility to know--its not available in Pakistan.
There is a very good reason they're not told the sex in India and Pakistan!
Old Sep 13th 2012, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ctfc
indeed..get rid of the girl child!!
Old Sep 13th 2012, 1:54 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by ctfc
Yeah...Mr Colleague said that they're "desperately hoping" for a boy (and its their first child)
Old Sep 13th 2012, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
We had ours at Al Noor on Airport road (close to Khalifa A). Had no problems at all and the **** doctor was quite good according to my wife.

Most people we spoke to recommended the Corniche, but it was a hassle travelling back and forth from Al Reef.
I had a terrible time at that Al Noor, they almost killed my son and we were prepared that he wasn't going to last the night on day 3 (he did). We then took him back to Great Ormond Street where they were horrified by the standard of their SCBU which is most definitely not an intensive care if things go wrong. A good birth will be fine, obviously!

I had the next child at The Corniche.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

I had my daughter at the Corniche but that was some years ago - they were great. You have to be assertive when it comes to the pre check up appointments though as some ladies hate to queue!