New to Abu Dhabi

Old Nov 27th 2011, 9:50 am
Banned

nikkisizer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by lanarkwitch
Better yet, get your own helicopter and then you won't even have to worry about Mawaqif charges
Originally Posted by saudiflares
You cannot commute to Abu Dhabi from Mirdif (imo)...wrong side of Dubai
Having lived in Dubai for the last six years and knowing what the daily commute used to be like back then to what it is now, it really is not that bad at all.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

lanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nikkisizer
Having lived in Dubai for the last six years and knowing what the daily commute used to be like back then to what it is now, it really is not that bad at all.
The OP is a female nurse, she is going to want to spend her free time in the boozer having Friday beer sessions or out with friends having fun, not driving up and down the bloody road to work for gods sake, she said she was moving to AD, not the back end of Dubai
Old Nov 28th 2011, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

tinkle.1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

A lot of this info is really helpful people so Thanks very much, I think I'll be trying to find someone to live with, it's a private hospital which has recently been built, not sure on the area it's in yet but this is the link http://www.ccmrecruitment.com/blog/2...icuhdu-nurses/

I'd rather not be having a big commute to work but would like to be close enough to the beach to get involved in some watersports out there. What kind of advice might I need for first moving? I'm unsure of what simple things I need to doto save tax free etc. Quite keen to get a grip on things before I move

Thanks everyone!
Old Nov 30th 2011, 6:34 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinkle.1986
A lot of this info is really helpful people so Thanks very much, I think I'll be trying to find someone to live with, it's a private hospital which has recently been built, not sure on the area it's in yet but this is the link http://www.ccmrecruitment.com/blog/2...icuhdu-nurses/

I'd rather not be having a big commute to work but would like to be close enough to the beach to get involved in some watersports out there. What kind of advice might I need for first moving? I'm unsure of what simple things I need to doto save tax free etc. Quite keen to get a grip on things before I move

Thanks everyone!
There are plenty of clubs and organisations catering to most hobbies - I run a social lubrication club (ie; drinking!) in Abu Dhabi, feel free to PM me for more info on that. We do after work gatherings, the odd brunch etc and it's a good mixed bag of boys and girls from all walks and nations.

I also happen to be one of the few qualified Financial Planners so can help with the tax and other money issues. I have some info on my blog you can read up on.

Best of luck!

N.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 8:34 am
Just Joined

loular90210 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: New to Abu Dhabi

Hey Tinkle,

I live in Al Bandar.
Its great, has everything on the compound, restaurant,spinneys supermarket, and a nail bar/ pharmacy and hairdressers opening soon.
the pool is nice and also as an on-site gym.
Yas Island is also not far which us great on the social side of things.

Anything I can help with just give me a shout
Old Nov 30th 2011, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loular90210
Hey Tinkle,

I live in Al Bandar.
Its great, has everything on the compound, restaurant,spinneys supermarket, and a nail bar/ pharmacy and hairdressers opening soon.
the pool is nice and also as an on-site gym.
Yas Island is also not far which us great on the social side of things.

Anything I can help with just give me a shout
she ain't moving there for 80k p/annum! You also forgot the best selling point about Al Bandar, the beverage store at the back corner of the car park
Old Nov 30th 2011, 8:51 am
Just Joined

loular90210 is an unknown quantity at this point

I suppose not....

yes it has a very good alcohol store... thanks for reminding me....
Old Nov 30th 2011, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I run a social lubrication club (ie; drinking!) in Abu Dhabi, feel free to PM me for more info on that. We do after work gatherings, the odd brunch etc and it's a good mixed bag of boys and girls from all walks and nations.

+1 for Norm and his hangover club
Old Dec 6th 2011, 2:14 am
Just Joined

eatrash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rent in Al Reef Abu Dhabi

Hi Guys,

does any one know how i can get a 4beds villa at any of Al Reef communities direct from the Owner ? i dont see why i should pay 8000K comission when i need no broker help?!

thanks
Old Dec 6th 2011, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rent in Al Reef Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by eatrash
Hi Guys,

does any one know how i can get a 4beds villa at any of Al Reef communities direct from the Owner ? i dont see why i should pay 8000K comission when i need no broker help?!

thanks
You need no broker help? Then call one of the list of owners you must know so you can avoid the 5%! Don't know any owners? Then I guess you do need a brokers help...
Old Dec 6th 2011, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rent in Al Reef Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by eatrash
Hi Guys,

thanks
pop a note on SkyscraperCity's dedicated thread http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=399104
Old Jan 12th 2012, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Reee is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys, cheers for the above, relocating in 3 wks to AD and this forum is the best place for answering all my awkward questions - tinkle.1986 , id be very interested in hearing more of your experiences! Have you found a flat ? My allowance is 165,000, but im hoping to save & I am open to sharing if i can meet some sound girls - pm me if you are still looking, or just pm anyway !
Old Jan 12th 2012, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

lanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Reee
hey guys, cheers for the above, relocating in 3 wks to AD and this forum is the best place for answering all my awkward questions - tinkle.1986 , id be very interested in hearing more of your experiences! Have you found a flat ? My allowance is 165,000, but im hoping to save & I am open to sharing if i can meet some sound girls - pm me if you are still looking, or just pm anyway !
165k is an excellent budget and you will be able to get something very nice for that money
Old Jan 12th 2012, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lanarkwitch
165k is an excellent budget and you will be able to get something very nice for that money
yeh lanark thats a very good budget