Neom Senior Engineer Salary

Neom Senior Engineer Salary

Old May 14th 2023, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

YacineBK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Neom Senior Engineer Salary

Hi All,
I am being offred a position in Neom.
Total package for opportunity in Neom (senior Engineer) = ~SR 430,000/year + Service Gratuity.
Family income/year is slightly higher compared to what is offered. But obviously good percentage of that is absorbed by tax.

Currently, with the accommodation and the school issues, it will be uncertain, at least shortly, to relocate the family.
We are considering the option of relocating to Riyadh, but it will come with more expenses that may make the offered package less attractive.
Any person with similar situation, could share thoughs/info on that? It will be greatly appreciated.
Old May 15th 2023, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom Senior Engineer Salary

Hi YacineBK,

This has been my main question for two months. I asked some people on the forum where everyone confirmed the increase is 25-30% from current salary.
I understand that NEOM pays 25-30% increase on your current salary. What was your current salary and where are you based? If the offered salary is indeed 25-30% then thats the maximum NEOM would offer (this info is from going through this thread). I am on a similar boat in Australia where I am waiting for an offer from NEOM and expecting it to be 390K SAR annually. Our family income is equivalent to 650K SR before taxes, so after tax we are getting slightly higher income than the salary offered by NEOM. It is not an easy decision for us so I am sure will not be easy for you too. Have been thinking about other cities like Jeddah Riyadh but again mrs will not have a job and I will be away from family so unless the offer can be bumped by 15-20% more, its unlikely I will accept it but I think NEOM will not actually increase it. I am waiting for the offer and hoping to receive it in 1-2 weeks.

Again 430K is not bad for a senior engineer infact looks above average in Saudi. Please note there is also yearly bonus based on performance which is 10 to 30% of base salary (not guaranteed obviously and this info is also from many people on the forum). Good luck to you!

Last edited by Sam1980; May 15th 2023 at 2:43 am.
Old May 15th 2023, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by YacineBK
Hi All,
I am being offred a position in Neom.
Total package for opportunity in Neom (senior Engineer) = ~SR 430,000/year + Service Gratuity.
Family income/year is slightly higher compared to what is offered. But obviously good percentage of that is absorbed by tax.

Currently, with the accommodation and the school issues, it will be uncertain, at least shortly, to relocate the family.
We are considering the option of relocating to Riyadh, but it will come with more expenses that may make the offered package less attractive.
Any person with similar situation, could share thoughts/info on that? It will be greatly appreciated.
Are you sure this is a Senior Engineer position? Is that what the offer says, and if so, what is the Job Grade?
The % uplift is not guaranteed at all - in fact I have heard of people recently starting, that they are on the same salaries that they left their previous roles on.

Old May 17th 2023, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Hi Sam,
Thank you for your reply. You seem to be in similar situation. Indeed, it is not an easy decision for the family. If you want, please share your contact and we could have a short call around that. It looks like I can't PM you directly from the forum.

Old May 17th 2023, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by YacineBK
Hi Sam,
Thank you for your reply. You seem to be in similar situation. Indeed, it is not an easy decision for the family. If you want, please share your contact and we could have a short call around that. It looks like I can't PM you directly from the forum.

Hi YacineBK,

No worries, I have PM'd you. Thanks.
Old May 18th 2023, 2:41 am
Just Joined

Thank you