Reload this Page >

NEOM CONSULTANT/CONTRACTOR COMMUNITY UPDATES

NEOM CONSULTANT/CONTRACTOR COMMUNITY UPDATES

Old Jul 8th 2023, 9:15 am
Just Joined

aussieaggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM CONSULTANT/CONTRACTOR COMMUNITY UPDATES

Hi all,

Just thought it would be handy to set up a separate thread for people who might be coming to NEOM as contractors or with one of the big companies (AECOM, Parsons, Jacobs, WeBuild, etc). These numbers will only grow and the answers in the legacy NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE thread may not be fit for purpose.

Here's a home for the consultants.
Old Aug 27th 2023, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Aecom 77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM CONSULTANT/CONTRACTOR COMMUNITY UPDATES

Hi excellent idea. I can provide some insight into what it is like to work for Aecom on Neom. I left Aecom Arabia a few months ago and I’m currently interviewing with other consultants working at Neom. I can safely say avoid Aecom like the plague. Whilst the basic salary is similar to the other consultants, everything else sucks and they treat their staff like dirt. The likes of Bechtel and Parsons offer rotations ( 8 on 2 off and pay for flight back home every 8 weeks). Aecom offers nothing, just a flight when joining and a return two years later. Also Aecom offers no 13th month salary, bonus or retention and only a tiny relocation allowance, a fraction of the others consultants. Accommodation for most people is very poor quality rooms in Duba, where you are trapped on your days off with nothing to do. Without a doubt working for Aecom was by far the worse experience in my career. I would be very interested into some insight into working for the other consultants.
Old Aug 27th 2023, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Ahmed.Swed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aecom 77
Hi excellent idea. I can provide some insight into what it is like to work for Aecom on Neom. I left Aecom Arabia a few months ago and I’m currently interviewing with other consultants working at Neom. I can safely say avoid Aecom like the plague. Whilst the basic salary is similar to the other consultants, everything else sucks and they treat their staff like dirt. The likes of Bechtel and Parsons offer rotations ( 8 on 2 off and pay for flight back home every 8 weeks). Aecom offers nothing, just a flight when joining and a return two years later. Also Aecom offers no 13th month salary, bonus or retention and only a tiny relocation allowance, a fraction of the others consultants. Accommodation for most people is very poor quality rooms in Duba, where you are trapped on your days off with nothing to do. Without a doubt working for Aecom was by far the worse experience in my career. I would be very interested into some insight into working for the other consultants.
Very appreciate for sharing 🙏
Old Sep 22nd 2023, 9:58 am
Just Joined

QConnect is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aecom 77
Hi pal, I have a few questions on working for Aecom...
1. How long did you work for them?
2. What job title did you hold?
3. What was the name of the hotel they put you up in Duba?

thanks.
Old Sep 25th 2023, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Gryffin is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome! I was wondering also what would be the package with these companies atm for a fire engineer/mechanical with experience of 10 years? I am thinking to start exploring and applying to those you mentioned!
Old Oct 5th 2023, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

Martin2020 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for this info, very insightful. Does anyone work in procurement? and supply chain? I am talking to different recruiting agencies and in coming weeks a few things might be clear for me to seek more guidance here
Old Nov 23rd 2023, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Wongster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aussieaggie
Hi all,

Just thought it would be handy to set up a separate thread for people who might be coming to NEOM as contractors or with one of the big companies (AECOM, Parsons, Jacobs, WeBuild, etc). These numbers will only grow and the answers in the legacy NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE thread may not be fit for purpose.

Here's a home for the consultants.
Hi everyone

Im joining Jacobs out on NEOM soon and wondered if anyone could advise on the situation on accommodation? Is this arranged and provided by the consultant companies or do we have to find our own. If provided by the companies, is this on the NC1 or NÇ2 complex that Ive read up about on this site?
Thanks in advance for any information or help.
Old Nov 23rd 2023, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

banskoboy is an unknown quantity at this point

NC1 and NC2 are for NEOM staff only. Consultants have their own arrangements, either camps or hotels or apartments in Tabuk and Duba.
Old Nov 23rd 2023, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Wongster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by banskoboy
NC1 and NC2 are for NEOM staff only. Consultants have their own arrangements, either camps or hotels or apartments in Tabuk and Duba.
Thanks. Any idea what the Consultants camps are like? And are they far from the workplace as I read the commute from Tabuk and Duba to site is over an hour
Old Nov 25th 2023, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

banskoboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Each case is unique. There are consultants that live nearby the project offices and others that commute daily 3-4 hours.
Old Jan 8th 2024, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

MichaelMc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wongster
Hi everyone

Im joining Jacobs out on NEOM soon and wondered if anyone could advise on the situation on accommodation? Is this arranged and provided by the consultant companies or do we have to find our own. If provided by the companies, is this on the NC1 or NÇ2 complex that Ive read up about on this site?
Thanks in advance for any information or help.

Hi Wongster,

interested to hear how you’re getting on out there. I already work for Jacobs in the UK and have a chat with resourcing later this week about opportunities on Neom. Can you provide some insight on how the process was, Accom, everyday life, salary increases etc?
I am PM and have no intention in relocating my family so would be banking on a rotational work pattern (8 on, 2 off) plus holidays. How does your contract work?
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Old Jan 17th 2024, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

QConnect is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Just want to know if anyone has heard anything about Bechtel making redundancies on Neom? I had a successful interview with Bechtel 3 moths ago, got an offer and I have been told the Client is currently not approving any more new staff. Then i have also heard Bechtel have laid off around 250 people.....

Has anyone else heard anything?

Thanks.
Old Jan 17th 2024, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

CarrotOrange is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, sorry I dont know where to post this- quick question: Are we allowed to work 2 jobs with Saudi visa? Thanks.
Old Jan 17th 2024, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CarrotOrange
Hi everyone, sorry I dont know where to post this- quick question: Are we allowed to work 2 jobs with Saudi visa? Thanks.
Hello, No. Saudi does not allow you to work for anyone except your sponsor (employer).
Old Jan 25th 2024, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Tahir84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by QConnect
Hi everyone,

Just want to know if anyone has heard anything about Bechtel making redundancies on Neom? I had a successful interview with Bechtel 3 moths ago, got an offer and I have been told the Client is currently not approving any more new staff. Then i have also heard Bechtel have laid off around 250 people.....

Has anyone else heard anything?

Thanks.
I was recently approached by Bechtel for a job in NEOM, we are still in correspondence with regards to interviews etc. Interesting to hear about lay-offs when i see that they are regularly advertising for Neom roles on LinkedIn and on their careers page.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.