British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/neom-community-thread-941862/)

Lfqopati Jan 11th 2023 7:51 am

re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by enpala92 (Post 13164900)
What time is the bus leaving in the morning?

there is only one bus from Oxagon to NC1 at 6:35am and from NC1 back to Oxagon at 5:30pm

enpala92 Jan 11th 2023 7:53 am

Is there anyone working in Finance department willing to have a 1-1 or chat via DM?

ExpatKSA Jan 11th 2023 9:14 am

What do they mean by Pay type? Payment method? And if my current bank isn’t there I need to open a bank that is located there ?

Krb Jan 11th 2023 10:14 am

Is there a thread for ‘wives, partners, etc…’

My wife will be joining me in Neom and she is asking if there is a thread in this forum to ask questions, get feedback, etc.. she is a little nervous, so wants to connect. Rightly so :-)

Thanks.

christmasoompa Jan 11th 2023 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Krb (Post 13164924)
Is there a thread for ‘wives, partners, etc…’

My wife will be joining me in Neom and she is asking if there is a thread in this forum to ask questions, get feedback, etc.. she is a little nervous, so wants to connect. Rightly so :-)

Thanks.

No but she'd be very welcome to start one. :)

Krb Jan 11th 2023 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 13164926)
No but she'd be very welcome to start one. :)

Great idea!

I’ll get on it…well, my wife will :-)

thanks.

Webby1966 Jan 11th 2023 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatKSA (Post 13164699)
Has anyone been put on a business visa because they really wanted you to come out as soon as possible? Will they transfer that business visa to an iqama?

Hi, I was told that I would be going out on a business visa and an initial 6 month contract as the approved headcount had been exceeded and it would save delay in waiting for next financial period approvals. I was told his is not uncommon and that I would transfer onto a work visa after arrival and contract amended accordingly.

I am just waiting for visa to be issued now.

ExpatKSA Jan 11th 2023 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Webby1966 (Post 13165058)
Hi, I was told that I would be going out on a business visa and an initial 6 month contract as the approved headcount had been exceeded and it would save delay in waiting for next financial period approvals. I was told his is not uncommon and that I would transfer onto a work visa after arrival and contract amended accordingly.

I am just waiting for visa to be issued now.

the reason they mentioned it to me because they want me to get there asap. But I heard to go from busisness to work visa I would have to go back to home country to do it.

Webby1966 Jan 12th 2023 7:02 am

Originally Posted by ExpatKSA (Post 13165072)
the reason they mentioned it to me because they want me to get there asap. But I heard to go from busisness to work visa I would have to go back to home country to do it.

I am not sure about needing to return to home country but I do know you need to exit and re enter country after 3 months.
Also, they advised that under business visa with no Iqama you can’t open a local bank account so salary would need to be paid into your overseas account.

BMH77 Jan 12th 2023 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Webby1966 (Post 13165129)
I am not sure about needing to return to home country but I do know you need to exit and re enter country after 3 months.
Also, they advised that under business visa with no Iqama you can’t open a local bank account so salary would need to be paid into your overseas account.

Hi. I'm on a BVV now. It is good for a year and you do have to exit and re-enter the country at least every 90 days. That said, a trip up to Aqaba or taking the flight to Dammam and heading to Bahrain is pretty easy and not a bad thing to do regularly any way.

As for getting your work visa, you have to lodge from a country where you have legal residence (KSA won't count). So it doesn't necessarily have to be the country of your passport, but you do have to be able to show residence. Just because you have a BVV will not abridge your work visa process. You will still need to get your degrees verified, do medical, get criminal background and everything else that is on the list -- this includes getting verified Neom Contract, Neom POA, etc from government affairs.
Finally, when you leave KSA to get your work visa, you will have to cancel you BVV. You will need to get a document from Neom to do this.
This is all do-able, but does take a bit of planning and good communication with your visa agent.

Finally, I'd check with your onboarder if the company will pay for your flight to lodge your work visa or if you will have to go back at your own expense.

Webby1966 Jan 12th 2023 10:50 am

Originally Posted by BMH77 (Post 13165172)
Hi. I'm on a BVV now. It is good for a year and you do have to exit and re-enter the country at least every 90 days. That said, a trip up to Aqaba or taking the flight to Dammam and heading to Bahrain is pretty easy and not a bad thing to do regularly any way.

As for getting your work visa, you have to lodge from a country where you have legal residence (KSA won't count). So it doesn't necessarily have to be the country of your passport, but you do have to be able to show residence. Just because you have a BVV will not abridge your work visa process. You will still need to get your degrees verified, do medical, get criminal background and everything else that is on the list -- this includes getting verified Neom Contract, Neom POA, etc from government affairs.
Finally, when you leave KSA to get your work visa, you will have to cancel you BVV. You will need to get a document from Neom to do this.
This is all do-able, but does take a bit of planning and good communication with your visa agent.

Finally, I'd check with your onboarder if the company will pay for your flight to lodge your work visa or if you will have to go back at your own expense.

Great to hear your feedback, thanks.

BMH77 Jan 12th 2023 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Krb (Post 13164048)
Hi All, excellent community btw!! I am I the interview process, expecting to join circa April / May 23. For my own mental health, is there a good gym facility (weights, etc) in NC1? Are there any Instagram / social sites where I can see videos, etc.. if so, would someone be able to send a link please?

I assume I will be in NC1 as I am travelling on my own with my wife visiting and staying with me 4 or 5 times a year for a couple
of weeks at a time.

Many thanks.

@siselarabia on Insta has a lot of Neom content.

ADB2022 Jan 12th 2023 3:15 pm

Re: Moving to NEOM

Originally Posted by TommyWelsh (Post 13108285)
Hello !

First time posting here, need some advice. I have taken a job working on NEOM and have been told im moving from the UK at the end of May and my camp will be located in Tabuk :/ (2 Hours away from the site).

Does anyone here live on NC3 ? and can anyone share their experience. ?

Thanks

Tom

Evening Tom

Did you end up in NC3? If so, what’s it like? Anything to advise of?

I’m heading there myself on Sunday.

Cheers
Andrew

Chrisreak Jan 12th 2023 3:28 pm

Re: Moving to NEOM

Originally Posted by ADB2022 (Post 13165224)
Evening Tom Did you end up in NC3? If so, what’s it like? Anything to advise of? I’m heading there myself on Sunday. CheersAndrew

Tabuk does not have a camp. They started putting new joiners into hotels in Tabuk, Duba or Al Bada, because there is not enough housing in NC2 or NC1. Not sure what NC3 is, but this is probably one of the labor camps for non-Neom employees. That said, the torture of staying in Tabuk/Duba/Al Bada is generally temporary and people eventually get moved to NC2 or NC1, once new units become available.

ExpatKSA Jan 12th 2023 5:03 pm

I recently got my offer letter, and I sent over my paper work for degree attestation prior to having my onboarding call. My line manager and HR told me they would like to get me out by beginning of March. From prior experience is that possible? I know the degree attestation might take 4-6 weeks. How about the visa is that much faster?