British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/neom-community-thread-941862/)

ManchesterUK Jan 9th 2023 3:31 am

re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by ADB2022 (Post 13164429)
no worries. I’m flying in to Riyadh tomorrow from the UK

All the best with your journey

Are they accomodating you in NC2 or Duba hotels?

Sharky03 Jan 9th 2023 5:35 am

Originally Posted by JDM5AM (Post 13164139)
You’ll be in NC2 or worse in a hotel in Duba. There are no cabins available in NC1. The estimated wait time for relocation from NC2 is 12 months minimum. There is a lot of building work going on adding new cabins at the top end of NC2 at present.

The gym at NC2 isn’t as salubrious as NC1 but still good. There is also a HIT Class most days.

There is an outside gym next to the pool that can also be used. You can also run round the camp or outside and I believe there is a cycling club.

Hi. Is the wait for an NC1 cabin 12 months minimum for employees with children as well? Or is it quicker if you have family?

JDM5AM Jan 9th 2023 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Sharky03 (Post 13164503)
Hi. Is the wait for an NC1 cabin 12 months minimum for employees with children as well? Or is it quicker if you have family?

Don’t know as I’ve come out alone and left kids in the U.K and don’t intend to bring them here.

But I do know there are currently no cabins available in NC1. Now that may change given it’s bonus time for those who’ve been here a year and once that’s paid there may be leavers.

To manage your expectations you should assume you’re going to NC2. Cabins are ok here, there are things to do but it’s not anywhere near as nice as NC1.

ADB2022 Jan 9th 2023 8:46 am

Originally Posted by ManchesterUK (Post 13164455)
All the best with your journey

Are they accomodating you in NC2 or Duba hotels?

Cheers. Not sure yet, as I will be in Riyadh for a week or so. Depending on what’s available, may even stay in Riyadh for a short while. See how things pan out.

Saff_Parker Jan 9th 2023 10:55 am

Originally Posted by AAABritishExpat (Post 13163333)
Neom School's Uniform
=================

For those who are already in the ground and with enrolled kids in school. I read somewhere that there is no school uniform in Neom's school. Is that true? If so, are there any guidelines on what students can/should wear? My daughter will be in Nursery, so hopefully, an answer is applicable to Nursery students. I just need to plan what clothing to bring for my daughter.

Correct, no uniform.
Nursery aged kids just wear their regular clothes.

globalexpat Jan 9th 2023 5:44 pm

Hi all,

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I have read it from top to bottom and a lot of extremely useful information.

One question about the background checks & notice to resign that I couldn't find covered in the thread. The HR mentioned that a background check, including current employment checks, will be conducted before you are asked to formally resign.

As part of those background checks will they be contacting current employers? If so, won't that tip off employers that you are interviewing before you formally resign?

ManchesterUK Jan 9th 2023 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by globalexpat (Post 13164592)
Hi all,

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I have read it from top to bottom and a lot of extremely useful information.

One question about the background checks & notice to resign that I couldn't find covered in the thread. The HR mentioned that a background check, including current employment checks, will be conducted before you are asked to formally resign.

As part of those background checks will they be contacting current employers? If so, won't that tip off employers that you are interviewing before you formally resign?

They will ask you if they can contact the current employer. If you refuse then the alternative is to provide current job contract and salary pay slips etc

Mkm123 Jan 9th 2023 9:05 pm

Anyone any information on the Oxagon accommodation and facilities available there ; any links to any videos of accommodation

ExpatKSA Jan 10th 2023 1:32 am

Has anyone been put on a business visa because they really wanted you to come out as soon as possible? Will they transfer that business visa to an iqama?

Lfqopati Jan 10th 2023 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Mkm123 (Post 13164621)
Anyone any information on the Oxagon accommodation and facilities available there ; any links to any videos of accommodation

I’ve heard some employees being relocated from Oxagon to NC2 and there’s probably accommodation available.

I got a one bedroom at Oxagon and accommodation standard is great, however, commute to NC1 and NC2 is a pain. Only one bus at 6:35am and you get to NC1 by 8:20, and then another 45m to NC2. If you miss the connection bus you have to wait another hour.

commute is a pain and you can waste 3h to 4h a day but accommodation is great

Antony92 Jan 10th 2023 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Lfqopati (Post 13164793)
I’ve heard some employees being relocated from Oxagon to NC2 and there’s probably accommodation available.

I got a one bedroom at Oxagon and accommodation standard is great, however, commute to NC1 and NC2 is a pain. Only one bus at 6:35am and you get to NC1 by 8:20, and then another 45m to NC2. If you miss the connection bus you have to wait another hour.

commute is a pain and you can waste 3h to 4h a day but accommodation is great

Interesting - I am flying out on Sunday and been told there is no accommodation available in NC2 so am being placed into a hotel in Duba. Looks like I will be enjoying the long commute too !!!

enpala92 Jan 10th 2023 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by Antony92 (Post 13164801)
Interesting - I am flying out on Sunday and been told there is no accommodation available in NC2 so am being placed into a hotel in Duba. Looks like I will be enjoying the long commute too !!!

Did they tell you how long will the commute be from Duba to NC1?

enpala92 Jan 10th 2023 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by Faridafaris (Post 13164136)
Hello Good people,

Just wondering that why a lot of people are leaving NEOM now and heading to Red Sea Development Company. any ideas? any information? is that true because of the accommodation and their high salaries?

Is this only for technical roles?

Pkingston Jan 10th 2023 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by enpala92 (Post 13164897)
Did they tell you how long will the commute be from Duba to NC1?

With the massive construction going on at Oxagon, there are numerous trucks and construction vehicles on the road these days slowing everyone down.... That commute will now take close to 90 minutes

enpala92 Jan 10th 2023 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Pkingston (Post 13164899)
With the massive construction going on at Oxagon, there are numerous trucks and construction vehicles on the road these days slowing everyone down.... That commute will now take close to 90 minutes

What time is the bus leaving in the morning?