Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Need Info On English Curriculum schools Please

Need Info On English Curriculum schools Please

Old May 2nd 2005, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

FaZtAsTiCleS is a jewel in the roughFaZtAsTiCleS is a jewel in the roughFaZtAsTiCleS is a jewel in the roughFaZtAsTiCleS is a jewel in the rough
Default Need Info On English Curriculum schools Please

Hello
Well All im asking is for some help, my family were not expecting the sudden expendetures in Dubai due to my Fathers Unhelpfull company, they have left us to pay our own bills, my own education fees and im not over 18 , they havent given my father a company car we are struggling and my father has told the boss and they dont seem to care. anyways *sighs*

all im asking is can any people here give me some information on English curriculum schools, i have just finished my Gcse in uk and we are looking for a school which teaches As level, the only thing is the Application fees, i looked at one british school and its 45,000 just under half of my fathers wages i dnt think we can afford that any help would be appreciated thankyou
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Info On English Curriculum schools Please

There's a list of schools in the faq's...but don't know how much they charge, probably not cheap...
Old May 3rd 2005, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by !FaZtAsTiCleS!
Hello
Well All im asking is for some help, my family were not expecting the sudden expendetures in Dubai due to my Fathers Unhelpfull company, they have left us to pay our own bills, my own education fees and im not over 18 , they havent given my father a company car we are struggling and my father has told the boss and they dont seem to care. anyways *sighs*

all im asking is can any people here give me some information on English curriculum schools, i have just finished my Gcse in uk and we are looking for a school which teaches As level, the only thing is the Application fees, i looked at one british school and its 45,000 just under half of my fathers wages i dnt think we can afford that any help would be appreciated thankyou
Sorry I can't help you out with the schools Faz, and I'm going slightly off topic but this post should be held up as an example for anybody coming to Dubai to have a really good look at the cost of living and sort out the package before you get here as once you have arrived your company won't be interested.
Old May 3rd 2005, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

FaZtAsTiCleS is a jewel in the roughFaZtAsTiCleS is a jewel in the roughFaZtAsTiCleS is a jewel in the roughFaZtAsTiCleS is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
Sorry I can't help you out with the schools Faz, and I'm going slightly off topic but this post should be held up as an example for anybody coming to Dubai to have a really good look at the cost of living and sort out the package before you get here as once you have arrived your company won't be interested.

These two Smilies says many words
Old May 3rd 2005, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

These two Smilies says many words
So did your dad get his bills, car & children's education paid for him in the UK?
Old May 3rd 2005, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
So did your dad get his bills, car & children's education paid for him in the UK?
No, because we werent expats then
Old May 3rd 2005, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

No, because we werent expats then
What difference does that make?
Old May 3rd 2005, 1:53 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

What difference does that make?
I thought schooling and medical in the UK is free???
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:01 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77

Surely there r the public and private schools in the UK. As well as Gov and private hospitals Novita. I mean can u imagine Madonna taking her kids to a public school or even giving birth in the Goverment hospital!!
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by novita77
Yes Novi, you can choose to have free schooling and health care or you can choose to pay to go private. Some people do get private health insurance as part of their package, but not the majority of people. I have never heard of anyone getting school fees as part of their salary package though, and never their household bills. Company cars are also becoming much less of a perk as they cause havoc with your tax position.
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:09 pm
W10

Faz - were school fees actually part of his contract? If so it should have been in writing, and therefore he should get it.

Was having all of his bills paid part of his contract? Sounds like a great deal if you can get it.

Actually, I wouldn't expect you to know the ins and outs of your dad's salary package.

Last edited by W10; May 3rd 2005 at 2:14 pm.

Old May 3rd 2005, 2:29 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Novi, you can choose to have free schooling and health care or you can choose to pay to go private. Some people do get private health insurance as part of their package, but not the majority of people. I have never heard of anyone getting school fees as part of their salary package though, and never their household bills. Company cars are also becoming much less of a perk as they cause havoc with your tax position.
Before we came here hubby being offered a job with Powergen in the UK. He being offered company car but we have to maintain it..., no school fees, only normal national holidays and obviously no airfare tickets since he work in the UK. After we calculate here and there we won't have enough money to save to buy any property in the UK, especially after we pay the taxes. So in the end we decided to come to Doha.

LL... i thought public school in the UK the quality is very good. Well ... if I compare to public school in Indonesia i suppose ... Don't think i mind sending Sam to public school in the UK if we live there.
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:30 pm
semarang

Originally Posted by Malteser
Surely there r the public and private schools in the UK. As well as Gov and private hospitals Novita. I mean can u imagine Madonna taking her kids to a public school or even giving birth in the Goverment hospital!!
PMSL ... or victoria beckham???
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:33 pm
W10

By the way - in the UK, public school is actually a term for a private fee paying school. Government run free schools are called state schools.

Confusing huh

Old May 3rd 2005, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Well im sorry, Its just that all of my freinds in dubai, get there school fees paid and other things, you cant expect a normal working family to cough up 30,000 durhams for school can you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.