Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Need help with an imaginative wedding present

Need help with an imaginative wedding present

Old Oct 30th 2005, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need help with an imaginative wedding present

Hi

I post on the Oz forum but I am making an appeal for some ideas and help from anyone in Dubai!

A very good friend of mine is a British expat living in Dubai and getting married soon, she doesn't have a wedding list as they are concerned about having to take things with them when they leave.

I would like to organise a really nice surprise for them, a trip out somewhere or a dinner, they are fairly adventurous people and like having a good time and a ideally it would be something I could prepay for (vouchers?) and they could then choose when they wanted to go I am not sure if it is possible or if anyone has any other good ideas?

Thankyou!
Old Oct 30th 2005, 5:03 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help with an imaginative wedding present

Originally Posted by ginaf
Hi

I post on the Oz forum but I am making an appeal for some ideas and help from anyone in Dubai!

A very good friend of mine is a British expat living in Dubai and getting married soon, she doesn't have a wedding list as they are concerned about having to take things with them when they leave.

I would like to organise a really nice surprise for them, a trip out somewhere or a dinner, they are fairly adventurous people and like having a good time and a ideally it would be something I could prepay for (vouchers?) and they could then choose when they wanted to go I am not sure if it is possible or if anyone has any other good ideas?

Thankyou!

How long have they been here?
Old Oct 30th 2005, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairydust
How long have they been here?
Around 15 months
Old Oct 30th 2005, 5:37 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Around 15 months
Depending on how much you want to spend how about a night in a hotel somehwere?
Old Oct 30th 2005, 6:11 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not saying its a good idea but it would be different.....how about a takeaway from Yorks!
Old Oct 30th 2005, 6:17 pm
Its all good

Originally Posted by shiva
I'm not saying its a good idea but it would be different.....how about a takeaway from Yorks!

Old Oct 30th 2005, 6:33 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thankyou!

if u r living in dxb bring them to la marquise actaully its an arabic restraurant and they dont serve frog legs!!!

you can tell waiters/chef to surprise ur guest with the cake and a song (hero from enrique) or al shaki from hussein al jasmi!!

They have in the best musicains and crowd in the whole of uae!
Old Oct 30th 2005, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Depending on how much you want to spend how about a night in a hotel somehwere?
I was hoping to spend equivalent to £100ish and I know hotel accommodation is expensive. I think they are quite happy in their apartment and so don't really need to escape but they are teachers and trying to save as much as they can therefore they don't spoil themselves as much as they deserve, so I wanted to do it for them, they are not the type of people who like 5 star luxury more a bit of an adventure and a good laugh.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 7:30 pm
Its all good

Originally Posted by CasaNova
if u r living in dxb bring them to la marquise actaully its an arabic restraurant and they dont serve frog legs!!!

you can tell waiters/chef to surprise ur guest with the cake and a song (hero from enrique) or al shaki from hussein al jasmi!!

They have in the best musicains and crowd in the whole of uae!
Wont be much fun if just the two of them though
Old Oct 30th 2005, 7:34 pm
Its all good

I was hoping to spend equivalent to £100ish and I know hotel accommodation is expensive. I think they are quite happy in their apartment and so don't really need to escape but they are teachers and trying to save as much as they can therefore they don't spoil themselves as much as they deserve, so I wanted to do it for them, they are not the type of people who like 5 star luxury more a bit of an adventure and a good laugh.

Hope they are not my daughters teachers lol - will have a think overnight and let you know if I think of anything tomorrow
Old Oct 30th 2005, 7:36 pm
Its all good

Hope they are not my daughters teachers lol - will have a think overnight and let you know if I think of anything tomorrow
How about a track day at the autodrome
Old Oct 30th 2005, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks - When does the indoor ski place open? That is ideal for them but I wanted to give them their gift around the time of their wedding (8 weeks time) so not sure if it will be open before then.
Old Oct 31st 2005, 2:32 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

How about a hot air balloon trip to see the sun rise over the dunes? Means a early start, but how romantic!

Have a look at www.ballooning.ae

Zannie x
Old Oct 31st 2005, 5:57 am
Its all good

Thanks - When does the indoor ski place open? That is ideal for them but I wanted to give them their gift around the time of their wedding (8 weeks time) so not sure if it will be open before then.

I spoke to them a couple of days ago and they were still saying mid-November - no exact date announced yet
Old Oct 31st 2005, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

barsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud of

sky diving?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.