Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Need Accomodation In Khobar

Need Accomodation In Khobar

Old Jan 3rd 2014, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

m4444 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Accomodation In Khobar

Looking for accommodation for about a year in Khobar for about a year for single man (Brit).
My budget is 5000/month.
From March 2014.
Many years ago I visited a small compound. Nothing fancy more like fancy portacabins, but had a small bar on site.
Anythign advice welcome.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Accomodation In Khobar

are you intending to drive while you are here?

If so, Tamimi have the portacabin setup available for R6000ish a month including all food and laundry.

If not, probably being located somewhere around Rashid Mall in a long-term furnished suite will suit you better.

Where will you be working?
Old Jan 4th 2014, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

Yes I will be working in Al Turki business park which is near Rashid Mall.
Travelling a little initially.
6000/month is a bit above my budget, I was thinking of a studio apartment as near as I can to the area.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

there are tons of studio apartments near Rashid Mall ranging from manky to overpriced and they start around R2500 a month for a small one and go beyond your budget. You can also get unfurnished places a little further away and the rents for those drop to around R1000 as you have to set yourself up with everything. But if you're thinking you'll be here for a while, that might be the best way to go.

For furnished suites, you simply wander around until you find one you like the look/price of. Rents are usually monthly and you may get a discount for paying quarterly. Watch out for rent hikes for holiday periods. It's best to agree on a fixed rate if you want to stay for a year or so but you won't know that until you've lived there for a month or two. But the quality does vary a lot and they can be noisy at weekends when all and sundry come to stay with kids screaming along the corridors.

How long are you planning on being here?
Old Jan 6th 2014, 5:46 am
Just Joined

I am in Khobar for 1 year at the moment and then Jubail.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

well then a furnished suite seems the best way to go for you. As I say, you can just spend a day tramping round the many that surround the mall until you find somewhere you think is worth it. Make sure you find out if they do monthly rents and whether they will hike the price in holiday seasons like Eid.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. I am making some enquires.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Leedssp85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by m4444
Yes I will be working in Al Turki business park which is near Rashid Mall.
Travelling a little initially.
6000/month is a bit above my budget, I was thinking of a studio apartment as near as I can to the area.
How did you get on?
I am also looking for a place, I am only wanting temporary accommodation as I will be out of Saudi for 2 x 3 Month stints, as well as leaving for my wedding in approx 5 weeks time. Think we are working for the same company.

Anybody know of any places that have this kind of arrangement?
Old Jan 8th 2014, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

I have not pushed it. Made a couple of calls and did a couple of searches.
I don't think it will be a big problem, but definitely have to be there and see what is on offer rather than try it over the internet.
I am leaving for Malaysia on Sunday so wont be in KSA until March anyway.
I would not be so concerned if I were you. It is not such a bad place and the housing has come on leaps and bounds to what it was.
Old Jan 12th 2014, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Hi i am living off compound in a nice 2 bedroom flat and paying less than 23k riyals a yearfor rent, plus my water and electric bills.
I am near silver tower in Khobar and there are lots and lots of new buildings popping up every where close to me.

A 1 bed flat is about 18k Riyals a year all un furnished i might add.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

chph is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife and I will be looking for a 1 bed apartment or villa, prefer to be near Rashid Mall. We don't mind unfurnished. Would welcome any suggestions.