Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Nanny / Maid Visa Renewal - Abu Dhabi Recommendations?

Nanny / Maid Visa Renewal - Abu Dhabi Recommendations?

Old Nov 19th 2023, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Benny80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nanny / Maid Visa Renewal - Abu Dhabi Recommendations?

Hi All
Any suggestions on best options for renewing our Nanny's visa?

I am living and working in Abu Dhabi and have a regular employee visa. (I understand if you get the golden visa their are better options)

Our Nanny has been with us for 8+ years and i have just been renewing a single year at time. Previously i got my office PRO to most of it for me but he is a bit swamped at the moment so am thinking to do it myself or hopefully find an agency that can sort most of it for me.

From memory i was paying AED 7000 for a single year visa plus the medical and health insurance fees.

I found one agency <https://www.tadbeer.ae/> that was offering to sponsor her for 2 years which was quite appealing in that it appeared to be significantly cheaper over the 2 years and would save me the hassle of going through the process next year.
The only downside is they are in Dubai. They told me this will still work despite me having an Abu Dhabi Visa and living in Abu Dhabi. just slightly inconvenient in terms of Nanny having to go to Dubai for the medical. From what they explained i understand they are technically sponsoring my nanny for me hence why they can get the visa 2 years and i write post-dated checks to them so they can make my Nanny's monthly payment.

From what i can gather their are many Tadbeer centres across Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Its seems they are all authorised by the government but are run like franchises with different management, and pricing structure. The review ratings on google maps are all over the place with some centres rated very good and some not so much. Hence i am keen for any recommendations.

Please if anyone has recently renewed a nanny visa and found a good option please let me know?
I am open-minded about the 1 year 2 year visa and really just want something convenient and fair priced that will reliably get it done.

TIA, Ben

Old Nov 23rd 2023, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nanny / Maid Visa Renewal - Abu Dhabi Recommendations?

I just go to Tadbeer in Al Wahda and they do all the renewal for me (1 year) - takes about 20 minutes. Our maid is under my sponsorship, not Tadbeer's.
Renewal is about 5500dhs, plus 1000 dhs medical insurance, EID and random Dubai Insurance that is now mandatory

Last edited by csdf; Nov 23rd 2023 at 3:22 am.