My Last Poste!!!

Old Feb 4th 2005, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Singlemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of light
Default My Last Poste!!!

To all single girls on this forum!!!

Do not accept to have coffee or any other drink with anyone on this board!\
Do not accept that someone stays over because they are too tired to go home!
Expect your whole life to be monitored from her to england...ASAP!!
Do not expect to become friends with anybody, because you will always be the one who mwt up with someone!!!
Even if they invite you and say that it's "just to ge to know you" the whole board is wanting to know if you are "fit" or not!
And even if you met a great person you get along with and really appreciate, you will aalways be subject to rumors and ...questions such as"are you sleeping with her " or "are you guys an item" or "have you got it sorted out with her?"
Just to let you know...
Then you meet this ladies, who are married and all they dream about is cheating on their husbands!
So you have a choice....guys who compete to get into your bed or ladies that are jealous because you are single and can get any guy you want in your bed!!!
Good bye all...going back to my life!!!\
Mia
Old Feb 4th 2005, 10:29 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Last Poste!!!

Gossip can be had anywhere though ain't it...just like in blighty, act like a slapper and be called a slapper, if you don't, you won't...not being snippy or anything...but that's pretty much the case with anywhere you go.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 10:36 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Singlemom

Do not expect to become friends with anybody, because you will always be the one who mwt up with someone!!!
Even if they invite you and say that it's "just to ge to know you" the whole board is wanting to know if you are "fit" or not!
And even if you met a great person you get along with and really appreciate, you will aalways be subject to rumors and ...questions such as"are you sleeping with her " or "are you guys an item" or "have you got it sorted out with her?"
Just to let you know...
Then you meet this ladies, who are married and all they dream about is cheating on their husbands!
So you have a choice....guys who compete to get into your bed or ladies that are jealous because you are single and can get any guy you want in your bed!!!
Mia
Okay coffee's out. How about a cocktail???
Old Feb 4th 2005, 10:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomelina
Okay coffee's out. How about a cocktail???
cheeky...but I'll have a cup of tea
Old Feb 5th 2005, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Just to let you know...
Mia

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. Be rest-assured you are not the only one but does that really have to mean that posting on here has to come to an end? I did the same thing on expatmum/woman almost a year ago when I was emotionaly vulnerable and found it difficult to comprehend peoples opinions and felt it wasn't worth it putting time into writing. Some people made the effort to voice their opinion about my departure on board, others prefered to send me private e-mails and put me back on track. There are many people who just love to watch, observe and read and leave you alone too. If you enjoyed exchanging views on here, why not carry on? But of course if it has taken its toll in any other way than just people giving you grieve, which I got too but not by meeting up with them, only you can make that decision how to spend your time wisely. As people at my kids school knew very well who I was from my posts, never made a secret about myself, they started throwing foul comments into my face, that's if they had the guts, others prefered to communicate to me what someone else had said, or I could overhear remarks in the background. It was very painful at the time, more than those who wrote things but thanks to some other encouraging words, I learnt that the world out there isn't just about the little cocoon we have been used to and need to catch the bull on its horns and face up to all the differences. How are we all expected to suddenly find friends that fit our bill. It took years to make relationships grow and it is usually those who we grew up with as kids that we cherish most. They are the once who know our ins and outs without having to explain every action and move we make and for every word we choose to use. We will never be misunderstood.

When you move to a country which hasn't got any or very little expats, it can be a very lonely world, depending on how outgoing you are and you work your way gradually into other people's lives or wait for their invitation to be part of it. Dubai is very easy to make contacts. Lots of expats to choose from and everyone desperate to make friends but that doesn't mean the out of dozens of people we meet, there will be even one that we can click with. Maybe at the first few get-togethers, we are busy about general chit chat until things start becoming personal and we get to see that those people we thought were great to be with are miles apart from the way we think and what we enjoy. So what? Do we want to change them? Do we want to change for anyone? Probably not, all of us are in a similar boat, trying to come to grips with changes in our lives and finding friends is the same pot luck like finding the right life long partner. It's a tough old world out there and we all know that.

Lets not get discouraged by others, we must be stronger than that and just do what it is we like to do ourselves. I never try to judge others, after all, I don't like to be judged either, particularly not, when no one has a clue about once private sphere. I don't drink alcohol, so I would hardly enjoy being in the company of someone who is having a great time getting filled up but that doesn't mean I will think any less of anyone, just because they are having a great time the way they wish and not the way I envisage. I shouldn't get bullied into joining anyone just to feel part of something that isn't true to myself but I might enjoy the company of those same people at a different occasion.

We all end up quilty one way or another for discussing other people's lives and don't see any harm in it but when we get to hear the same being done about us, we are not so much in favour of it. Whether it is the truth or not. I believe in let others be and they will let you to be to. There are plenty of people in this world that fit our bill but it takes time and particularly effort to also realize that we must give in a bit on our old habits, as after all, no one will ever be able to understand you fully and we cannot blame them for it, that's part of the deal when leaving loved once behind. Dubai has given me the chance to look at myself in a different light, as being exposed to many opinions leaves a big impact on once outlook. Had I not had the opportunity to read on this and other boards about the differences in opinions out there, I would have continued with a shallow life, which of course I didn't think it was at the time and life would have just gone pass me without even noticing others. I had my friends and was happy with that but I can see there is so much more happening out in the big scary world. I will do anything to stay part of it, for as long as I feel beneficial to me.

A peaceful life to everyone and as Singlemom says, be warned about the impossible!

Maybe when things calm down around you, Singlemom, you can be part of our interesting world again. It would be sad to loose you, like anyone else on here.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 6:55 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

Ditto Palm tree (K for u)

SM,

Think abou it and come back
Old Feb 5th 2005, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nabs
Ditto Palm tree (K for u)

SM,

Think abou it and come back

Thank you, send some K back, you are lucky as I must spread so many around before being allowed to give again but it worked for you.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 8:01 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Just to let you know...

I do not dream about cheating on my husband, nor am I jealous of you being single. I wish you could find somebody like I have who I am happy to spend the rest of my life with.

Take care

Jools
xx
Old Feb 5th 2005, 8:14 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Just to let you know...
Mia
Phew!!.....not bought you a drink, and im pretty sure I have not stayed over.....thats me off the hook !!
Old Feb 5th 2005, 8:24 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Uffaaaa not again...................!!

Dont go SM...............pls!
Old Feb 5th 2005, 10:10 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to let you know...
Mia
Mia come back !!!!!!
Old Feb 5th 2005, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Just to let you know...
Mia
Oh no! I had a coffee with Anya the other day - does that mean she wants to leave her husband for me???

Seriously though SM, I suspect from your post that you may have been unlucky in some of your intial contacts from the board. Please don't tar us all with the same brush though. Don't know who the married one you referred to is, but like JB I am very happily married and would never feel jealous of my single friends. I still remember what it's like to be single and believe me, a good marriage beats that hands down!

There are good and bad people everywhere, SM. I know what it's like to be let down by people, believe me. Best thing to do is rise above it and realise that it's their loss. Easier said than done to begin with, but it does work. If all else fails, get drunk! Have a break from the board by all means, but don't leave us for good.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 2:02 pm
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

Old Feb 6th 2005, 8:55 am
Princess

Jamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud of

Really really sorry to hear about this, SM!

Hopefully you'll decide to come join us again sometime.... in the meantime I'll miss you here.

Take care,

J
Old Feb 7th 2005, 7:14 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

A wee peak, & yr post popped up S.M.

Tis a shame that the board came to this............ just follow yr heart M.

An old saying but a true one " never gossip with a gossip"............. the truth is out there somewhere..................

& at the end of the day, this board is just a piece of graffitti in our lives........ those that use it for other purposes are as bad as their slander............

Think on it but don't dwell Mia........ this place is a coffee shop.... idle banter with little meaning......

Take care and good luck with your life....

TS.............

P.S. it's still snowing here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.